• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Anime/Manga Community

Nani?

• WRYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!

Votes: 34 15.9%
  • Muda Muda Muda!

Votes: 46 21.5%
  • B..baka!

Votes: 79 36.9%
  • Why yes I like isekai!

Votes: 11 5.1%
  • Anime Thor

Votes: 3 1.4%
  • I'm here for the plot!

Votes: 41 19.2%

• Total voters

NotMyProblemAnymoreCunt

Biggest Trails Stan
inuyasha GIF

AaTdeoE.gif
cCRZqFU.gif
y3l2af1.gif
NPXI6BK.gif

Sango New WAIFU!

NotMyProblemAnymoreCunt

Biggest Trails Stan
First time watching Inuyasha?

Bruce Willis Party GIF by IFC

I’ll admit, it’s got a good deal of filler (as in both filler episodes and even a few canon stuff) and can be repetitive, but I have a soft spot for it.

Also, yes, Sango is best girl.

I Used to watch it when it aired on Adult Swim but never got to finish it. So this time I'll be watching the whole thing. I'm almost done with the first season and I remember some stuff from the episodes I watched

I'll be watching Inuyasha Final Act and Yashahime next

Also yes the show can get repetitive but it's still good

I've been using a filler guide so I can skip the episodes that are all filler

Finally managed to watch Made in Abyss Season 2. Overall, I liked it just as much as the other 1.5 installments, that is to say, a lot.

I must note one particular miss however. I'm not a manga reader, but I read some comments by manga readers.
And they were correct in this instance.

They should've tried to at least allude to
Vueko and Pakkoyan's sex scene
in the anime.

It would've made several scenes a lot more meaningful.
Pakkoyan keeping close to Vueko and occasionally stealing glances at her, after she notices her walking around the village. Or her anguish over Vueko's safety. Or her final sacrifice. Basically, Pakkoyan still had feelings for Vueko.

Without that specific context, they come off as just random "huh, that's odd" moments. I mean, I understand why they avoided any explicit depiction, but they didn't replace it with anything else to fill in the knowledge/storyline gap. And it somehow feels like they had initially intended to feature something regarding it, to tie all the other scenes together.
I enjoyed the first season a lot, but with how the second season starts, I couldn't keep watching. That was too much for me.

NotMyProblemAnymoreCunt

Biggest Trails Stan
I enjoyed the first season a lot, but with how the second season starts, I couldn't keep watching. That was too much for me.

Understandable that manga/anime can be off-putting for some people that are really sensitive to that stuff

It was hard for me to watch a walkthrough of Fear & Hunger. That game is something else

As for Made In The Abyss, still in my Top 2 Manga of all time

Last edited:

OmegaSupreme

advanced basic bitch
I love Inuyasha. It's charming as hell. On the opposite side of the spectrum I finished redo of healer. Wow. That was really something. I didn't know much about the show outside of it being controversial.

Doom85

I didn't know much about the show outside of it being controversial.

Honestly wasn’t even that controversial. Unlike controversial series like Goblin Slayer or Interspecies Reviewers which tried to at least offer enjoyable elements while just also happening to push the envelope, from my understanding Redo of Healer tried to gather attention purely by being controversial and nothing else (plus the animation looked pretty subpar IIRC) which ended up meaning barely anyone watched it and thus pretty much no one talked about it. Even the people who were interested in it seemed to reach the verdict of: “I’d be better off watching proper hentai.”

Honestly in terms of anime that aired in Winter 2021, Attack on Titan was the actual controversial anime of that season, as soon as a few people caught sight of a few CGI Titans, they proceeded to freak out and act like this was Berserk 2016 all over again, while everyone else told them to calm their shit and that only someone who had an anvil slam on their head recently would think the CGI in AOT was anywhere as poor as Berserk’s. No way would Redo of Healer have a chance of gathering much flames when people are getting feisty over a big series like Attack on Titan.

Nikodemos

Honestly wasn’t even that controversial. Unlike controversial series like Goblin Slayer or Interspecies Reviewers which tried to at least offer enjoyable elements while just also happening to push the envelope, from my understanding Redo of Healer tried to gather attention purely by being controversial and nothing else (plus the animation looked pretty subpar IIRC) which ended up meaning barely anyone watched it and thus pretty much no one talked about it. Even the people who were interested in it seemed to reach the verdict of: “I’d be better off watching proper hentai.”
I have only watched some snippets of RoH, and, to me, the very premise sounds dumb as shit. You've got this guy who was tortured, raped, and abused every which way throughout his life, being confronted with the magical wish-granting whatchamacallit, and his wish is... to go through the whole experience all over again, but it's okay because this time he knows what he's supposed to do.
WTF.

By contrast, Interspecies Reviewers tried to be an interesting take on the "how would one f*ck a particular monstergirl" question. The answers were genuinely varied, and it made sense in context as to why.

I know it's a ridiculously slim chance, but I wish we'd get another season. Still sad we never got to see our heroes

fist the centaur courier girls. That chapter came right after the one with Grand Mage Demia's clone brothel. They actually skipped it, since the next one, with the dumb incubus, got animated.

Last edited:

Labolas

I tried giving Redo of the Healer a chance but it wasn't for me. It's trashy and it knows it. I'm not into anime hentai to begin with so when you added the rape element into it and it's fetishized and you got a complete turnoff. I will say I am surprised that it's getting a second season, so I guess it has fans.
NmThcza.gif

kB9qVlF.gif

VtvpyXi.gif
X7leSTI.gif

I've been rewatching Full Metal Panic. One of the first anime I ever gotten into. Still love it and it's aged pretty well. Still in my Top 10
I remember really loving Fumoffu. Legit hilarious.

Last edited:

NotMyProblemAnymoreCunt

Biggest Trails Stan
I tried giving Redo of the Healer a chance but it wasn't for me. It's trashy and it knows it. I'm not into anime hentai to begin with so when you added the rape element into it and it's fetishized and you got a complete turnoff. I will say I am surprised that it's getting a second season, so I guess it has fans.

I remember really loving Fumoffu. Legit hilarious.

I give Redo of Healer an A+

As for Full Metal Panic!, such a great series. I have to get on those light novels as soon as I can lol

NotMyProblemAnymoreCunt

Biggest Trails Stan
I might watch Niseko but not sure if the anime covers the whole manga

I have to remind myself that I have to still watch the 2nd half of Gundam The Witch From Mercury but I dread the idea lol

NotMyProblemAnymoreCunt

Biggest Trails Stan
You watching Gundam 00? Of the Gundams I’ve seen, it’s tied with 0080: War in the Pocket as my favorite.

Also,

Tieria in a dress?

zesmtw9.jpg

Thinking Think GIF by TLC

GOo3Hw8.jpg

Gundam 00 is my favorite Gundam

Still in my top 10 to top 20 anime of all time

I have to make a list of all my Favorite anime that I watched since I started watching in 2002

Doom85

Gundam 00 is my favorite Gundam

Still in my top 10 to top 20 anime of all time

I have to make a list of all my Favorite anime that I watched since I started watching in 2002

Here’s my 3x3:

pxwBTUs.png

1. Cowboy Bebop + movie
2. Evangelion + End of Eva
3. FLCL
4. Fullmetal Alchemist 2003 + Brotherhood
5. Gurren Lagann
6. Baccano
7. Paranoia Agent
8. Kino’s Journey
9. Beck: Mongolian Chop Squad

Last edited:

NotMyProblemAnymoreCunt

Biggest Trails Stan
Here’s my 3x3:

pxwBTUs.png

1. Cowboy Bebop + movie
2. Evangelion + End of Eva
3. FLCL
4. Fullmetal Alchemist 2003 + Brotherhood
5. Gurren Lagann
6. Baccano
7. Paranoia Agent
8. Kino’s Journey
9. Beck: Mongolian Chop Squad

The only one I haven't seen from that list is Baccano

Paranoia Agent- Soooooo good

Kino's Journey- Love this one too

Beck Mongolian Chop Squad- One of my favorite dubs

Most of those anime are in my Top 20 to Top 10

NotMyProblemAnymoreCunt

Biggest Trails Stan
YearlyRichBunny-max-1mb.gif

After binging through the entirety of S1 of Mushoku Tensei, it's really painful waiting a full week for another 20 min episode for S2.

Lol that's how everyone should treat Min Mei

As for Jobless Recarnation I haven't watched that yet. I'm waiting for a full Uncensored version of both seasons to come out. Or I'll just read the manga lol. Heard this series is horny as hell 😏

Valonquar

Lol that's how everyone should treat Min Mei

As for Jobless Recarnation I haven't watched that yet. I'm waiting for a full Uncensored version of both seasons to come out. Or I'll just read the manga lol. Heard this series is horny as hell 😏
No need to really wait for the uncensored. Most of the ecchi stuff in the show is actually pretty cringe. The show would be 100% better without the dumb panties thing, and horny elf chick in S2.

Labolas

Kaiju No. 8's trailer just dropped and looks decent, but I still think it's relatively wayyyy too early to adapt a manga that barely is done with its story, but hey that's just me.

Magic Carpet

Gold Member
Apple TV updated the Crunchyroll app and their new player has a glitch that wont remember the last episode played. Have to start the next episode and then stop it for it to mark the previous episode as played.
Apple's fault?

NotMyProblemAnymoreCunt

Biggest Trails Stan
The manga will be. The anime needs a Helling Ultimate style series reboot.

I'm talking about the manga though. The author died and I know he signed off on his assistants finishing the story but let's be honest they will end up abandoning it in 2 to 3 years max. I just don't think they will be able to keep up the popularity of the manga up due to the original creator dying. The manga hasn't turned bad, but it's still a noticeable difference from what I read. It's a shame too, since Berserk is my favorite manga of all time.

Made In The Abyss is my second favorite manga and it doesn't have a consistent release schedule so I'm a bit annoyed about that since it's turning out to be a Berserk situation somewhat. I'll say this it's only 66 Chapters as of this moment and so far the author pace with the Story has been great. He covers lot of ground in just that amount of chapter is astonishing IMO

Labolas

I'm talking about the manga though. The author died and I know he signed off on his assistants finishing the story but let's be honest they will end up abandoning it in 2 to 3 years max. I just don't think they will be able to keep up the popularity of the manga up due to the original creator dying. The manga hasn't turned bad, but it's still a noticeable difference from what I read. It's a shame too, since Berserk is my favorite manga of all time.

Made In The Abyss is my second favorite manga and it doesn't have a consistent release schedule so I'm a bit annoyed about that since it's turning out to be a Berserk situation somewhat. I'll say this it's only 66 Chapters as of this moment and so far the author pace with the Story has been great. He covers lot of ground in just that amount of chapter is astonishing IMO
At least it has new chapters coming out unlike certain manga like Vagabond or Keijo that will never get new chapters or see a proper ending

Labolas

Kouya ni Kemono Doukokusu (The Beast Roars In The Wilderness)
OTc3

Summary:
From Izumo no Ryuu: A boy, with a virus that unlocks the primal beast, desires forgotten memories. After waking up, Mikado Shuhei found himself locked in a cage in a mysterious medical facility. Without his memories, Shuhei now has to fight against beasts who can speak like humans. A woman calling herself Akashi Maya then rescued him from this predicament.

Boy, this one was a long time coming. I initially found out about this manga years ago, read a couple of chapters, and ultimately decide to put off reading it. Coming back to it and finishing it, I can see why it didn't grab me immediately like I was hoping it would. But before I get into it discussing that, I want to talk about the artist on the book. Itou Sei is the one who illustrated the book and he did a fantastic job on it. His designs on the beast men, the scenery, and the action setpieces are the best parts of the manga. Itou Sei's previous work was Monster Collection: The Girl who Can Deal With Magic Monsters, which I talk about in this thread and highly praised. But unfortunately, I'm not as positive on this one.

There are a slew of characters and factions that are introduced and it will feel like you're thrown into the middle of the story. The main character, Mikado Shuhei, is an amnesiac who has been infected with a virus that turns you into a beastman. He's on a mission to recover who he is and stop the other 12 divine beasts. He is rescued by Akashi Maya who ends up being his love interest. From there, we go on an adventure to uncover the mysteries and origin of the virus, Mayan history, and how they all link together. We also have mysterious players and factions that want to either kill Mikado or use him to further their agenda.

So, a lot of the characters are introduced into the story but a lot of them are fodder for either Mikado or the other beastmen. Mikado isn't a great main character because he starts off as an amnesiac who doesn't have a unique personality, he's kinda the standard shounen 90s protag at the start of the manga. Which weird because this is a seinen manga. His love interest, Maya, is nothing more than a damsel in distress and becomes his raison d'etre. To me, the best characters are the supposed bad guys the other 11 beast men and their boss, Houzan. The beastmen, I liked more because of their designs and action scenes. As far as Houzan, I think he's a better and more enjoyable character than Mikado. Also, a lot of other characters become walking exposition, and that exposition made me not want to give a shit about what they were talking about.

The story is decent enough to follow, but the comedy in a lot of situations does not work for me at all. Particularly at the beginning with Mikado. Alright for example early in the story Mikado and Maya just had sex (which was weird and awkward how that came about) and Mikado decides to follow up on a source that will help him out on what happened to him and for some reason, he literally threatens Maya if she doesn't go along with him, he'll leak her nudes and this is played up as comedy for some reason. In fact, a lot of the comedy involving Mikado is not that great. They aren't as egregious as the example I gave but yeah, it feels kinda lame in places. I think for this sort of story, the comedy shouldn't be a big part of this. Also, the manga really loves going over Mayan history to the point where I kinda gave up on reading because it became exhausting to read. Hell, I think half of the manga goes on exposition on Mayan natives, their history, cannibalism, and the connection to the Zombist/Dokkaku soldiers (the beastmen). A lot of the Mayan stuff I did not care about. It did hurt a bit for me in that regard.

The art is probably the best part for me. The scenery, the action scenes, and the Zombist looked great. The way they introduced certain characters is great and memorable. There's even a Terminator 2 reference that was pretty cool. My favorite Zombist would have to be Majira, the reptilian beastman. In every scene he was in, he looked cool as hell. A very awesome design that simple but still intimidating unlike Mikado's final form. All the female characters look great as well. The fanservice is decent but is handled in a more mature way. I will say though there are designs that are very similar to Itou Sei's previous work such as Monster Collection. Maya in particular looks very similar to Kasche (MC in Monster Collection)

17.jpg

Majira, the reptile divine beast, looks awesome as hell in almost every scene he's in.

28.jpg

The T2 reference I was talking about. Even has the same sort of shotgun as well.

24.jpg

Best girl btw, but Mihira is a close second.
25.jpg

Positives:
The art
The beastmen
The action setpieces
the scenery
the gore

Negatives:
The exposition dumps
Some of the comedy
Some Characters not being that well defined and developed
Mikado is kind of bland as the lead
A lot of convenient happenstance that made me roll my eyes.

Overall, I didn't love this as much as I thought I would. Some of the comedy, the characters being walking exposition, and Mayan lore were some of the biggest deterrents for me enjoying this manga. Some of the elements do work though and I was enjoying the story more towards the latter half but by the end, I was ready for the story to be over with. (6.5-7/10)

Similar manga:
Killing Bites
Bahou
Kaiju No. 8
To Abandon Sacred Beasts

Last edited:

NanaMiku

Quite surprised I enjoyed the vending machine isekai anime. I was expecting nothing with this anime.

No need to really wait for the uncensored. Most of the ecchi stuff in the show is actually pretty cringe. The show would be 100% better without the dumb panties thing, and horny elf chick in S2.
For me, the magic academy arc is the lowest point of Mushoku Tensei. Hopefully the anime will cover until Rudeus meets his future self

Labolas

“This ended up being a fun life. I am now going to a more free world. Goodbye.” - Nami Sona

Sad Pikachu GIF

FUCK CANCER.

I definitely am going to be checking out the Sakamoto anime sometime, never got around to it.
She was only 36. Fuck that sucks. Sakamoto's probably her most known work. She was taken way too soon especially considering how small her body of work is.

Last edited:

Fbh

Kaiju No. 8's trailer just dropped and looks decent, but I still think it's relatively wayyyy too early to adapt a manga that barely is done with its story, but hey that's just me.

The manga was kinda fun at first but turned into the most cookie cutter battle manga fairly quickly

NanaMiku

Kumomeme

The Frieren: Beyond Journey’s End new key visual:

frierenbeyondjourneysend_newpartykeyvisual.jpg

first episode is at september 29 with a two-hour special. rumors there gonna be 2 cour.

possibly potential to be one of the best anime of the year candidate.

Last edited:

NanaMiku

One of the title that I'm excited for next season is Shangri-La Frontier

Kinda surprised it's airing at 5 PM at Japan, not late night anime. And it's also a 2 cour anime
The Frieren: Beyond Journey’s End new key visual:

frierenbeyondjourneysend_newpartykeyvisual.jpg

first episode is at september 29 with a two-hour special. rumors there gonna be 2 cour.

possibly potential to be one of the best anime of the year candidate.

Hopefully they'll be able to capture the manga atmosphere. I'm also excited for Frieren

NotMyProblemAnymoreCunt

Biggest Trails Stan
I finished reading Full Metal Panic! Vol 1 Fighting Boy Meets Girl! (Light Novel)

So I decided to rewatch all 3 Seasons of FMP!. I'm skipping Fummufo because it's all comedy and just adapts the short stories

I'm on Season 1 Episode 5.

Still as great as I remember. It was one of the first anime I ever watched. Aged really well this time

Last edited:

NotMyProblemAnymoreCunt

Biggest Trails Stan
As I'm rewatching Full Metal Panic! Season 1

I'm on the second serious story arc and this one wasn't bad still good but it's still my least favorite of the story arcs. The last 2 ones are fantastic

And it's funny while I'm watching it I'm like now I remember this story arc

I completely forgot about it until I saw it again

The 2nd arc I completely forgot until I started watching the anime again

Like I remember the 1st, 3rd and 4th Story arc alot

Last edited:
Top Bottom