• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Another major winter storm begins Monday across midwest and northeast. AGAIN.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cipherr

geCRXX7.gif

I went into the office yesterday to grab the stuff I needed anyway.

+1 working from home.

Lamel

Banned
Yes. Keep this shit going.

This is making up for the past few years where the NYC area got jack shit.

E92 M3

I'll just work from home if it comes down to that. I love snow; even for all the headaches, lost trees, and damaged car.

gdt

Noooooooooooooooo! I really can't take anymore snow. There is no where else to put it my street went from a two lane street to a 1 lane. There's snow cutting the lanes in half so only the middle is drivable.

This winter is horrific.

Amir0x

Banned
Looks like so far the predictions are this won't get very close to me this time, thank God. Last storm put 16 inches out here, fuck that. Waking up early every morning just to shovel reams of snow from the driveway so I can get to work... *grumble*

Sophia

Welp. Went to buy some walkway salt at Sam's Club and they were all out, so I bought an 8 pack of kosher table salt.

Michigan has been annihilated by this shit.

We're not usually too bothered by it, actually. As long as it's not black ice on the roads or negative temperatures in Fahrenheit... Once you've lived here for 20+ years you kind of get used to driving on snow and stockpiling up on things.

I don't care about the snow at all, all that concerns me is temperature.

I swear, my landlord doesn't seem to have the heat on in my apartment, and this space heater has been demolishing my electric bill over the past two months.

I just don't want that zero degree shit.

styl3s

Yay snow!

All of you people complaining - it's winter! Enjoy it!
And if you don't enjoy it, well, tough. Deal with it.
When you have to work and pay bills and when snow makes it to where you can't get to said job that isn't good. If i was 13, yeah.. I would be totally hype right now.

I, like millions of people don't live on some main road. They never treat these areas so when it snows and gets icy it is IMPOSSIBLE for me to leave. That's money i am losing from my store and it's money my employees aren't getting. Money they use to feed their kids and pay their rent. And unlike a lot of places, especially government run places i won't fire my employees for missing X days. I am very leniant and understand acts of "god". But a lot of businesses aren't.

sonicfan

Venerable Member
Welcome to the 1960s and 70's midwest winters......

I grew up back then, I mostly remember the 70s winters, each year seemed about like what is happening now, and the old timers used to say it was worse before then. We lived in a little town in Northwest Michigan, there is an island offshore, only barely visible on the horizon from where we lived. I remember people telling me they used to take snowmobiles across Lake Michigan to the Island when the Lake froze, 20 miles away, blew my mind...

You gotta be kidding me. Just spent an hour shoveling the 10 inches of snow we got last night, and still have quite a bit left. It seems like every other day now...

tkscz

*Looks for Cincinnati,Oh.

F**KING A! More Ice? I mean, snow I can deal with, but ice? Bullshit.

And people still believe in global warming

You do know that where its actually summer right now that they have been getting record temperatures right? You do know that warmer means more precipitation and not less right? You do know that Alaska and Canada have been having unusually mild winters yes?

It hasn't even finished snowing here and there's gonna be more on Tuesday?

At least it's spring break and I don't have to go anywhere....

my back still hurts from shoveling yesterday. :(

The irony of the situation is I shoveled snow for about an hour on Thursday and a good 45 minutes on Friday with no ill effects. However, while in the kitchen yesterday making breakfast I tried to hold in a sneeze and there went the disc in my back. I've been walking around like an old man for the last 24 hours, popping Ibuprofen every 4-6 hours. It sucks when no position is comfortable.

:/

niunhuiio

LOL. Schools in my county have been closed for 5 days this season which means there's going to be an extra day of school in June. And if It closes again, the 2nd extra day carries onto the next week. No thank you, gimme a 2 hr delay.

MechaX

On the bright side, at least work is closed Monday and St. Louis at least seems to be dodging the worst of it.

On the other hand, fuck these winter storms man.

Striker

Our five day looks pretty good for the first time in months. A bit of snow today but it hits the 40's and 50's during the week with bits of rain here and there.

Steelrain

You do know that where its actually summer right now that they have been getting record temperatures right? You do know that warmer means more precipitation and not less right? You do know that Alaska and Canada have been having unusually mild winters yes?
Pretty sure he's joking

Anyway... Keep that shit away from NC so I can escape this shithole.

LOL. Schools in my county have been closed for 5 days this season which means there's going to be an extra day of school in June. And if It closes again, the 2nd extra day carries onto the next week. No thank you, gimme a 2 hr delay.

There's talk at my brother's high school of making them go to school on Saturdays to make up for all the lost time. I told him I'd drive to his school that day to point and laugh at him as he walked in.

Ecto311

Colorado here and I had the AC on in the car for the last couple days. I fuckin hate snow so glad you guys get it over there.

Man, some of you are such grouches about this lol. It's just snow.

i do not mind it at all as long as it does not cause any problem in driving. If I am safe my car is safe I do not care how much snow you dump. It is just major pain in ass to drive in conditions like these.

ATF487

last winter was worse but at least most of the storms came on weekends. i feel like we've had a ton of little storms that have fucked up my commutes this year

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
For that area, though, this isn't really a "major winter storm." As someone who lived in Michigan for more than 20 years, those snow totals are incredibly common.

5amshift said:
Can't wait until I'm laughing behind my computer in a few years when I move to Florida..

With all of the crazy threads about things that happen in Florida, are you sure that's what you really want?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom