• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Another major winter storm begins Monday across midwest and northeast. AGAIN.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MIMIC

Banned
Can't wait until I'm laughing behind my computer in a few years when I move to Florida..

It's wonderful ^_^ I moved to Florida (from Ohio) last year.

And although I shouldn't be surprised, I run into a LOT of former Ohioans (and New Yorkers) down here.

reKon

Banned
I'm legitimate pissed right now. Why do these storms keep happening on the days I have to get out to a client only?? Also, all that fucking shoveling and having it being impossible to street park..

So sick of this shit

LProtag

Dammit. It'll hit here Tuesday which I already have off, so it won't even give me the day off.

I work at a school and we cancelled Thursday and Friday, and we have this Monday and Tuesday off for President's day. The students must be loving this right now.

gdt

All this snow has completely obliterated driving in my city. ANY street that is not a main street is a dangerous icy lumpy mess.

And they are all one lane only because of the snow piled on the sides.

Guy Legend

It's been a harsh winter. Luckily there's a big warm up mid week for several days which will be great for melting out all the snow.

Winter is coming.

cJLL4oo.gif

dorkimoe

We got pounded Friday in central illinois. Little bit more last night. And then ice this week

I surrender Mother Nature. I surrender

kirby_fox

Banned
Icy mix? But they were saying it was gonna be 60 next week...

One more day. Just one more day and it'll be warm, right? I'm gonna go put my windshield wipers up so they don't freeze to the windshield.

Gr1mLock

Passing metallic gas
Day 37 - Bob went out to find some batteries. I cant be too sure but Jim is starting to get that look in his eyes. Good thing i saved this finger nail clipper.

terrisus

Some of us have jobs to get to, and snow seriously impedes that. Especially if you live a ways away from work, or in the country side. :/

Do you even have a job? Well I do. It sucks having to drive through this shit.

When you have to work and pay bills and when snow makes it to where you can't get to said job that isn't good. If i was 13, yeah.. I would be totally hype right now.

I, like millions of people don't live on some main road. They never treat these areas so when it snows and gets icy it is IMPOSSIBLE for me to leave.

Pretty sad that someone can't love snow without it being implied that one must not work/go anywhere/do anything.

I work, my wife works, we have a driveway to shovel (and as I said, it's a big hill of a driveway, so have to shovel over a hill), and for the first 28 years of my life I lived on the end of a dead-end street which would get plowed very infrequently, and even it did get plowed, it would leave a several-feet-high pile of snow in front of our driveway that would need to be shoveled away.

I've lived my entire life in New England. I'm used to the snow. I enjoy the snow. And I love the cold.

All of you other people can go move down to Florida or out to California or something.

teh_pwn

"Saturated fat causes heart disease as much as Brawndo is what plants crave."
In GAF's homeland of Austin, it has been 78/62 for the last few days, and will be for the foreseeable future. Basically it's Spring in GAFistan.

tbm24

Pretty sad that someone can't love snow without it being implied that one must not work/go anywhere/do anything.

I work, my wife works, we have a driveway to shovel (and as I said, it's a big hill of a driveway, so have to shovel over a hill), and for the first 28 years of my life I lived on the end of a dead-end street which would get plowed very infrequently, and even it did get plowed, it would leave a several-feet-high pile of snow in front of our driveway that would need to be shoveled away.

I've lived my entire life in New England. I'm used to the snow. I enjoy the snow. And I love the cold.

All of you other people can go move down to Florida or out to California or something.

Not quite sure you're getting it. Winter and snow itself are fun in isolation. When we've gotten blankets of snow for the past 3-4 weeks in NYC it's becoming a straight mess. Cars parked facing every which way, sidewalks consisting of straight up ice that I've fallen on twice already, not to mention the fact that simply getting to work/trying to get to class on time afterwards is impossible. I straight up missed class on friday because of it. It's fun here and there, these past couple of weeks and snowfalls are anything but.

SON OF A BITCH. I've probably spent 6 hours or more shoveling over the past 3 days and I'm fucking sick of it. Plus if classes are canceled again they'll probably make us make it up on a Saturday.

our high school makes us make it up over the summer and pushes the last day of school later.

JCX

Welp. Went to buy some walkway salt at Sam's Club and they were all out, so I bought an 8 pack of kosher table salt.

Michigan has been annihilated by this shit.

I've put some of that chemical ice melting stuff on my driveway last week and it barely made a dent.

terrisus

Not quite sure you're getting it. Winter and snow itself are fun in isolation. When we've gotten blankets of snow for the past 3-4 weeks in NYC it's becoming a straight mess. Cars parked facing every which way, sidewalks consisting of straight up ice that I've fallen on twice already, not to mention the fact that simply getting to work/trying to get to class on time afterwards is impossible. I straight up missed class on friday because of it. It's fun here and there, these past couple of weeks and snowfalls are anything but.

Well, I'm in central CT, there's plenty of snow here as well (although not as much as I had thought), and I love it.
Unless there's a related issue like the power going out (especially for a couple of days, like back in 2011), the more snow the better.

Sorry about you falling, obviously that's never any fun.

Well, I'm in central CT, there's plenty of snow here as well (although not as much as I had thought), and I love it.
Unless there's a related issue like the power going out (especially for a couple of days, like back in 2011), the more snow the better.

Sorry about you falling, obviously that's never any fun.

Really selfish, and naive point of view.

Screw the elderly who can't go out and shovel their driveways, and don't have younger relatives to do it for them. Screw the emergency services that have hard times getting down streets that are clogged with parked cars that can't be moved, and giant amounts of snow, since there's been no break to let older quantities melt. Screw everyone else cause you love snow and the more the better!

Storms like this pressed so together are not the norm, and screw over more than just the folks who have to get to work. There's a lot of people and things effected by back to back to back to back storms like this and no it's not a minor inconvenience or a small thing. Don't think of any one else though, you love the snow!

ishibear

is a goddamn bear
Damn I usually love snow but dammit this year has been ridiculous! I'm sick of snow!

Argh, and Michigan is about to get it pretty bad. We already buried. We're gonna be a snowy wasteland by the time Spring comes. :(

terrisus

Really selfish, and naive point of view.

Screw the elderly who can't go out and shovel their driveways, and don't have younger relatives to do it for them. Screw the emergency services that have hard times getting down streets that are clogged with parked cars that can't be moved, and giant amounts of snow, since there's been no break to let older quantities melt. Screw everyone else cause you love snow and the more the better!

Storms like this pressed so together are not the norm, and screw over more than just the folks who have to get to work. There's a lot of people and things effected by back to back to back to back storms like this and no it's not a minor inconvenience or a small thing. Don't think of any one else though, you love the snow!

Well, hey, screw heat and heat-related illnesses and death. Screw people who can't afford air conditioning or proper cooling. Screw people who have to be outside working in the head and humidity. Screw forest fires spreading through dry conditions, devastating acres of land and homes. Etc. There are plenty of extreme conditions caused by heat.

Yeah, some sort of middle ground is ideal. My ideal temperature is around 45F.
But, hey, I like snow.

And it's not like what I want is going to change the weather any regardless

daveo42

Banned
At this point I'd rather have that swath of snow coming in farther north rather than the icy mix we are going to be skating on come Monday in SW Ohio. Snow is manageable for the most part, ice comes and we are fucked.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom