• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Anti-Aliasing and Grim Fandango

I'm running a 9800pro, i've turned on Direct3d in the Fandango options, and i've got my ATI settings on custom with anti-aliasing on, but its still as jaggy as ever. Any help?

teiresias

Some of those older adventure games that have pre-rendered backgrounds don't seem to work with AA. "The Longest Journey" doesn't work with AA either.

The Syberia games work with AA though.

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
AFAIK, anti-aliasing does not work with Grim while using an ATI card. I never did manage to get it working, so I've simply assumed that it isn't possible.

tenchir

Why can you play it at higher resolution? Your monitor can't handle it? Or does the text shrink to a point where you can't read it?

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
So the screens I've seen of it weren't downsized at all? Yikes.

It seems the ScummVM team have a OpenGL emulater for the LUA based lucasarts games, but i cant seem to find anywhere to download it

BenT

If the backgrounds are 640x480 prerenders, they'll probably look worse when scaled up to a higher res. Only the real-time polygonal elements (like the characters) would see any real benefit.

epmode

Newbie said:
It seems the ScummVM team have a OpenGL emulater for the LUA based lucasarts games
really? that's hot. i hope they get it up and running quickly. i hate having to turn off hyper-threading every time i want to play grim fandango.

upon investigation, it seems like 'Residual' (the name of the emulator) is still very early due to the fact that its a pet project of a pet project, so I doubt you'll be seeing it very soon

Burger

I used to use Anti Aliasing with The Longest Journey and Grim Fandango, with my Geforce 2 GTS.

I don't know why you are having problems, it makes the game look 100x better.

Sjoerd

Maybe it's because the game isn't direct 3d? It could be using a software renderer. Don't know for sure but it could be, since the game is quite old.

Top Bottom