• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Anti-Putin Activist sprayed Green in attack, Puns out as Jim Carrey's 'The Mask'

Status
Not open for further replies.
http://news.sky.com/story/anti-putin-activist-alexei-navalny-sprayed-green-in-attack-10808895
8ea4ada7c4266a7000ec08064d0968aa13aa0430ffc765f98da0906587da044e_3913394.jpg

C7XgldEWkAEN-OH.jpg:small

Russian opposition leader Alexei Navalny has turned green after an unknown assailant sprayed a liquid onto his face in the street.
The attack reportedly happened as the leading Kremlin critic and anti-corruption campaigner stopped to shake a man's hand in the Siberian city of Barnaul.
The green liquid used in the attack is a common Russian antiseptic, which remains on skin for days but is otherwise harmless.
Mr Navalny appeared to take the attack in his stride, tweeting: "I will be opening a headquarters in Barnaul as if I'm from the film The Mask! Cool. Even my teeth are green!"
The tweet was a reference to the Hollywood film, The Mask, in which Jim Carrey played a superhero who wore a green mask.

Edit:
Best part his tweet showing his supporter.
hZPIHDn.jpg

Savitar

It hasn't killed him?

Slightly surprised.......wait.....slightly.........no, that's not right, completely surprised.

GSG Flash

Nobody ruins my family vacation but me...and maybe the boy!
Pretty scary, especially considering how Kim Jong Nam was assassinated.

that is not even a thinly veiled threat

i wouldn't have taken it so in my stride

then again, i don't have the guts to be a politician in opposition to autocratic regimes like russia's or the usa's

that is not even a thinly veiled threat

i wouldn't have taken it so in my stride

then again, i don't have the guts to be a politician in opposition to autocratic regimes like russia's or the usa's

Not too surprising. I mean, you take your average Russian, we all know how much guts he's got. Hell, look at all them the Nazis killed off and they still wouldn't quit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom