• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Any upcoming concerts your going to?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just curious if anyone will be going to any concerts in the next few weeks/months. No one good is playing within the next 2 months here in the North East, goddamn.

Recently, I was at Ozzfest 2004, and it was a blast. If Ozzfest is coming to your area (and it is), jump on it and go.

I also went to a Velvet Revolver concert in May which was fucking insane.

So just list who your going to see and where. That's all I ask.

V

Vennt

Unconfirmed Member
front.jpg

I'm only going for the Saturday at Weston Park, so I'll miss out on Muse :)() but I'm really looking forward to seeing The Pixies again & Massive Attack for the first time.

Oh, and Bowser, don't artificially inflate your post-count with crap like that, Oh, and I've just reset your post-count to zero. :p

Freeburn.

fart

Savant
just in the next 2 weeks i'm MISSING

robot ate me on the 18th
sonic youth on the 20th
walkmen on the 21st
sufjan stevens on the 23rd

hopefully i won't have to miss

sarah slean in august
violent femmes in september

already have my tickets for pixies at the greek.

come fall and hell or high water i'm seeing xiu xiu, phil and whatever else comes through. no more of this shit.

Bowser

Freeburn said:
Oh, and Bowser, don't artificially inflate your post-count with crap like that, Oh, and I've just reset your post-count to zero. :p

Freeburn.

Heh, I was just kidding. Post count doesn't really mean anything to me :p

Jason

I was thinking about seeing Metric today but it would have been too much hassle to get in. :/

I'm going to see Emily Haines/Amy Millan on the 24th and maybe A.C. Newman on aug. 8th.

Willco

Hollywood Square
I went to Coachella in May. I don't think I need to see another music performance for like, two years after that.

Dead

well not really...yet
Freeburn said:
front.jpg

I'm only going for the Saturday at Weston Park, so I'll miss out on Muse :)() but I'm really looking forward to seeing The Pixies again & Massive Attack for the first time.

Freeburn.
I hope youll be seeing Primal Scream as well :0. Too bad about missing the second day, id love to see the charlatans, and Muse are absolutely incredible live.

AlphaSnake

...and that, kids, was the first time I sucked a dick for crack
Curiosa Festival 7/31 - Muse, Cooper Temple Clause, Melissa Auf Der Maur
Burning Brides 8/14 (Rawk!)

Mason

I was supposed to go to the Warped Tour with my friends but since I absolutely hate every band on the lineup, I didn't.

Seeing Pixies in October though. Projekt Revolution is a possibility.

I'll be working at Hellfest, helping band bring their stuff on stage. $10 an hour!

I'll probably also attend Warped Tour, and Rush.

V

Vennt

Unconfirmed Member
I've never understood why people want to get backstage, to see the acts closer & maybe meet them (what then? they know you're just a regular person who likes their shit, but what next?)

Seriously, it is quite surprising the number of people that come backstage, say "Hi" to the band, then feel/look awkward for 15 minutes until they disappear back to where they came from. A lot of people find it intimidating and quite the illusion shatterer once they make it backstage. (And many acts can be quite cruel with the general public that does get invited back, unless you're female and wanting to become a groupie, in which case the scorn & cruelty is doubled :p)

Freeburn.

I was once guarding the back door at a Starting Line concert , and these three girls come up to it, and ask if they can get backstage. I tell them they can't come in. One of them says, "we'll make out with you if you let us in." I thought, "jackpot!". Then some friend of one the bands came over, and said, "Come on in!" As the three girls walked by, one grabbed me cheek, and said sorry. Easily one of the most disappointing moments of my life.

nitewulf

fart said:
i can't believe you're skipping mogwai for melissa off der more

and KILLING AN ARAB, jesus

do you know what killing an arab is based on? i dint give it much thought till i was actually listening to it carefully and i was like, whoa...

Dead

well not really...yet
nitewulf said:
do you know what killing an arab is based on? i dint give it much thought till i was actually listening to it carefully and i was like, whoa...
Its based on a passage from the Book " the Stranger" by Albert Camus, read it when reading about existentialism in French Class.

teepo

Willco said:
I went to Coachella in May. I don't think I need to see another music performance for like, two years after that.

i went to two concerts after coachella and i have to say... they've been underwhelming :(
coachella spoiled me

Hopefully I see Collective Soul on Aug 29. Thing is school starts the next day and school is 70 miles away and I don't drive. Looks like I might skip...gotta see Collective Soul.

Coen

I just got back from the Rock Werchter festival in Belgium. It had Pixies, Wilco, Franz Ferdinand, The Cure, Muse, Wu Tang Clan, Metallica, Nelly Furtado, Lenny Kravitz, N.E.R.D., Cypress Hill, The Darkness, AIR, Sean Paul, Joss Stone and a lot of European bands most of you probably haven't heard about. It was great, I just love festivals with a nice mix of rock, pop, alternative, electro and rap.

I also will be attending the Lowlands festival in Holland this year. It focuses on new or obscure bands, but has some rather big names like Auf der mauer, Everlast, The White Stripes and Velvet Revolver.

element

Sat 07/17/04 Pretty Girls Make Graves Showbox
Sun 07/18/04 Gomez Showbox
Sun 07/18/04 The Thrills Showbox
Tue 07/20/04 Steve Burns Crocodile Cafe
Sun 07/25/04 The Blood Brothers Capitol Hill Block Party
Fri 07/30/04 Ratatat Neumo's
Fri 07/30/04 The Hives Showbox
Sat 08/14/04 Sebadoh Crocodile Cafe
Wed 08/25/04 Aimee Mann Woodland Park Zoo
Mon 08/30/04 Prince KeyArena at Seattle Center
Fri 09/03/04 Presidents Of The United States Of America Bumbershoot
Sat 09/04/04 The Black Keys Bumbershoot
Sun 09/05/04 Ben Kweller Bumbershoot
Sun 09/05/04 Nas Bumbershoot
Sun 09/05/04 Public Enemy Bumbershoot
Sun 09/05/04 The Walkmen Seattle Center
Mon 09/06/04 The Pixies Bumbershoot
Mon 09/06/04 The Killers Bumbershoot
Mon 09/06/04 Built To Spill Seattle Center
Fri 09/10/04 The Wrens Crocodile Cafe
Wed 09/29/04 Snow Patrol Showbox
Fri 11/19/04 The Jon Spencer Blues Explosion Neumo's

Good bunch of shows coming up

Pat Benatar- 7/27
Bryan Adams- 8/8

Yes, I'm seeing these 2. I can admit it. I'm still a man. I'm taking my wife to both for her birthday.

Actually, I've seen Pat 3 times before. She still rocks. Always have a good time.

Not sure about Bryan Adams. Wife friggin loves his music. I'll have to tip quite a few back for that one.

Mason

Freeburn said:
I've never understood why people want to get backstage, to see the acts closer & maybe meet them (what then? they know you're just a regular person who likes their shit, but what next?)

Seriously, it is quite surprising the number of people that come backstage, say "Hi" to the band, then feel/look awkward for 15 minutes until they disappear back to where they came from. A lot of people find it intimidating and quite the illusion shatterer once they make it backstage. (And many acts can be quite cruel with the general public that does get invited back, unless you're female and wanting to become a groupie, in which case the scorn & cruelty is doubled :p)

Freeburn.

Yeah, when I meet Pixies it won't be like that. I have a lot of stuff I'm interesting in talking about if they feel like it. Just shooting the shit about the music industry and life in general.

And it appears I'll be in Denver for a few days soon so I'll probably see Ozzfest and Modest Mouse (HELL YEAH). Modest Mouse and Sonic Youth play on the same day but I think I'd rather see MM. Sonic Youth's music is ok but they're pretty ignorant and into themselves.

Doth Togo

Freeburn said:
front.jpg

Freeburn.

Massive Attack sounds incredible.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom