• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Anybody watch the GT4 streaming B-Spec mode clip?

miyuru said:
Whatever, who'd want to play a driving game on-rails?

It's more of a manager mode. I'm surprised it took them this long to think of it considering how popular those types of games are in Europe and Japan.

miyuru

For real? I had no idea. Granted, I haven't played B-spec mode, just at the moment, it seems a lot more like a cheesy gimmick than a real game (which of course, GT4 will provide in spades).

Strikes me as something that probably wasn't that difficult to implement so they thought why not. I think it'll be an interesting thing to mess about with, although if there are no bonuses for doing it then I probably won't take it that far. I imagine that doing cups and stuff in B-Spec will yield some unlockables though.

miyuru

I just think it'd be more fun to drive them yourself...but yeah, hopefully it'll be fun in its own right.

It would have been nice if you could switched between them midrace. Would have made endurance races a hell of a lot easier. You could take a break, leave the B-Spec driver to keep things going, come back and be a few more laps closer to the end.

mr2mike

Banned
the thing about B spec is that it's gonna demand much more tuning time for each car to be competitive, because then it's not Human intelligence filling in the gaps of so-so tuning against AI, but AI vs AI, and it typically isn;t one to gamble with late braking, odacious lines, drifting and whatnot, it's gonna race the proper way and if the car isn't tuned perfectly it's gonna get left behind.

So not as much as a manager mode, but more of a mode for people who want to get knee deep in the tuning, but suck at driving the game ;)

DarienA

The black man everyone at Activision can agree on
mr2mike said:
the thing about B spec is that it's gonna demand much more tuning time for each car to be competitive, because then it's not Human intelligence filling in the gaps of so-so tuning against AI, but AI vs AI, and it typically isn;t one to gamble with late braking, odacious lines, drifting and whatnot, it's gonna race the proper way and if the car isn't tuned perfectly it's gonna get left behind.

So not as much as a manager mode, but more of a mode for people who want to get knee deep in the tuning, but suck at driving the game ;)

Describes me to a T.

Top Bottom