• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Anyone ever tried to vinyl dye anything?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Miguel

Yes...yes it is cool

To Anyone that's done it....

Is it as easy as it looks? Or are they simplifying it way too much?

Miguel

bune duggy said:
I would LOVE to try this but there aren't any stores in the area that sell this stuff.

Autozone, or any type of car accessories store would probably have it.

Miguel

bune duggy said:
I tried a few different auto stores, and the only vinyl dye they had was for the vinyl seats.

Well, it's a spray paint...

Just look in the Spray Paint section, there has to be Vinyl paint there.

Miguel

PlaystationTexans.jpg

I got bored.

Doesn't look too great, and I doubt I'd be able to find the right colors anyway

I may just go with having the top half of it silver, bottom half a metallic blueish color.

CD tray/buttons would be blue.

Probably the Network Adaptor too

Miguel

I'm thinking...A...it's painted on pretty well, and would not be affected, since Vinyl dye seeps into the plastic...

or B....find some of the thin tape my aunts use for their french manicures...seems to be the perfect size. I'll go with B just to be sure.

Miguel

http://www.ocfaq.com/article.php/modding/46

"Use vinyl dye to paint cables. The paint will not flake off when bending the cable."

Rock....I may do that too. I might paint the PS2 all silver, then maybe a few sections of it blue, (maybe top silver/bottom blue)

Then the cables would be blue, along with the power/eject buttons and CD tray.

I may get started on this today. I need to see how much money I have in the back. :p

I need to get a can of white, silver, and blue paint. Maybe I'll just get the white for today and dye it white so I can work from there. Black + silver = light black. Black + blue = black. :p

Miguel

Serafitia said:
It looks too plain. Do something with the letters "ps2." It looks like Optimus Prime when he died. :/

Bah...you're never satisfied. Don't you appreciate what we have? THAT'S IT...IT'S OVER

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom