• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Anyone got the full character list for DOA: U?

Brandon F

Well congratulations! You got yourself caught!
IGN confirmed that Brad and Christie were not included in DOA:U in their review. I don't get it really, played a few matches of DOA3 the other day and those two characters kick much ass. So no Praying mantis or drunken master in DOA:U I suppose...lame.

Brandon F said:
IGN confirmed that Brad and Christie were not included in DOA:U in their review. I don't get it really, played a few matches of DOA3 the other day and those two characters kick much ass. So no Praying mantis or drunken master in DOA:U I suppose...lame.

Wait, wait, wait....no Brad in DOA U? Thats fucking ridiculous! They have all the work done, just plug that idiot in. Same with Christie, man color me disappointed.

Wheres the IGN review?

manngc

I'm still getting the game anyway, but Brad Wong was my new favorite DOA fighter... :(
Damn shame they didn't put him in there.

Mann

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
DOA Ultimate definitely has:

-Kasumi
-Ayane
-Ryu Hayabusa
-Tina Armstrong
-Bass Armstrong
-Jann Lee
-Bayman (He was hidden in DOA2 Hardcore, probably unlocked from the start now)
-Leon
-Ein (Hayate in DOA3)
-Zack
-Gen-Fu
-Helena
-Tengu (Boss)
-Hitomi (Added from DOA3)

Where was everyone complaining about the lack of the DOA3 (sans Hitomi) characters months ago when DOA U was first unveiled? I seemed to be the only let down by this at the time. :p

I guess it's possible that they could both be added in through downloadable content, perhaps?

DOA Ultimate would have really been "ultimate" if Team Ninja made the bosses of all three DOA games as playable characters, featured the entire cast of DOA1-3, added Lisa as a playable character, and had all the backgrounds from DOA2 and DOA3, plus new stages. But I guess that's asking for too much.

manngc said:
I'm still getting the game anyway, but Brad Wong was my new favorite DOA fighter... :(
Damn shame they didn't put him in there.

Mann

NO DRUNKEN MASTER BUTTON MASHING 4 U

BTW Mann, check your PM.

manngc

When it was finally announced that DOA:U was 2 and not 3, I was immediately dissappointed. Esspecially since Brad Wong is one of the most well animated fighting game characters ever. Just very cool.

I am glad they put in a 4th counter though. That is the most effective way of weakening the counter system and keeping the spirit of accessable gameplay with DOA. I'm surprised this hasn't garnered more attention as it is a pretty big deal...

Mann

Lyte Edge

manngc said:
When it was finally announced that DOA:U was 2 and not 3, I was immediately dissappointed. Esspecially since Brad Wong is one of the most well animated fighting game characters ever. Just very cool.

I am glad they put in a 4th counter though. That is the most effective way of weakening the counter system and keeping the spirit of accessable gameplay with DOA. I'm surprised this hasn't garnered more attention as it is a pretty big deal...

Mann

The "fourth counter" is just part of the arcade-style counter system from DOA2, IIRC. It should help in any case, but let's face it: This is DOA. :)

Lyte Edge said:
DOA Ultimate would have really been "ultimate" if Team Ninja made the bosses of all three DOA games as playable characters, featured the entire cast of DOA1-3, added Lisa as a playable character, and had all the backgrounds from DOA2 and DOA3, plus new stages. But I guess that's asking for too much.

No shit. Sounds like DOA not so Ultimate. Might rethink my purchase.

manngc

You know Lee, it never occurred to me that new characters could easily be downloadable content for this game! With Team Ninja's great use of it with Ninja Gaiden, there is still hope that these characters can be put in...but then again that could just be wishful thinking...

Mann

WarPig

All the DOA2 characters are available from the start. Tengu, Hitomi, and Bayman are locked. The last slot on the character list is just a random select.

DFS.

Lyte Edge

I really don't understand why Team Ninja didn't just take DOA3, improve the visuals, and add in the DOA2/Ultimate stages. Would have been the same thing just with more fighters.

Property of Microsoft said:
No shit. Sounds like DOA not so Ultimate. Might rethink my purchase.

It's going to be worth it for the online play.

BTW, DOA1 is not even worth bothering with; if Team Ninja had remade the game the same way as DOA2, maybe, but as it's just a port of the Saturn version, it's going to be fun for a few minutes at best. DOA1 is way too dated. :)

It's going to be interesting to see how DOA2 plays now though....it's got some moves from DOA3 removed, but new ones added apparently.

There's a guy on Gamefaqs that says he got the game today BTW. He lives in Upstate New York. My response to it is that the only way you're playing this game today is if you downloaded it, and to do even that you better have a superfast connection. :p

I will still be calling around tomorrow. ^_^;

Hero

Brad Wong rocks. Christie is broken.

Glad Christie isn't in it, but Brad Wong was one of my favorite characters.

WarPig

Lyte Edge said:
I really don't understand why Team Ninja didn't just take DOA3, improve the visuals, and add in the DOA2/Ultimate stages. Would have been the same thing just with more fighters.

The fact that it's not DOA3 actually fucks up my reflexes. Even after playing for hours, I still have this reflex to hit Tina's air throw after the high knee launcher.

People could have it today, sure, that's possible. Street date is officially tomorrow.

DFS.

Top Bottom