• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Anyone has Pokemon Box?

suikodan

I have both FR and Sapphire versions and I'd like to know if Box supports FireRed, meaning that I can use it after getting the national Pokedex to exchange Pokemons.

Thanks!

0wn3d

I know Pokemon Box does work with Fire Red and Leaf Green, but I'm not sure at what point they do work. You may have to
Give Celio the Ruby and Sapphire from the islands
or have
X amount of Pokemon from Ru/Sa
first before you can use it. As I said, I'm not sure but I am 100% sure Box does work with Fire Red and Leaf Green eventually if not right away.

Once you can trade with Ruby/Sapphire, Box support is also unlocked. (which makes sense since Box is programmed to be perceived as just another R/S cartridge as far as the GBA is concerned)

M3wThr33

Banned
It's not really percieved as a cart. It doesn't even work remotely close You turn it on with your GBA, but then you can't unplug it, but you do turn it off. You dick around with the pictures and huge folders, then save the changes to the GBA.

M3wThr33 said:
It's not really percieved as a cart. It doesn't even work remotely close You turn it on with your GBA, but then you can't unplug it, but you do turn it off. You dick around with the pictures and huge folders, then save the changes to the GBA.

You're misinterpreting what I said because you're looking at it from the wrong angle. As I said, as far as R/S is concerned, Box is another ruby/sapphire cart. Box then uses whatever hidden functionality is available to switch into an extended trade mode (basically unfettered SRAM access).

cvxfreak

Pokemon Box has a deceptive subtitle. It's compatible with FiLe as well as Emerald. For Fire Red/Leaf Green compatibility, you have to fulfill the same requirement for trading with Ruby, Sapphire and Emerald (and Colosseum too). If you already have Pokemon Box that has Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald Pokemon in it, or another trainer's Pokemon from any of the games including FiLe, then you'll need to have owned 100 Pokemon to withdraw them onto your game in addition to the compatibility requirements.

Hope that helps. :)

suikodan

CVXFREAK said:
Hope that helps. :)

Yeah it does, thanks to all!

And can you keep Pokemon on your MemCard or it doesn't have MemCard support? Can you trade Pokemon with two GBAs connected to it? Just like Stadium on N64 was able to do?

M3wThr33

Banned
From how I've used it, it only uses one GBA at a time.

Edit:
Also, I comes with a blue/red translucent memcard 59. You can store a crapload of Pokemon on it. I mean a CRAPLOAD.

0wn3d

For having some ungodly amount of Pokemon stored in Box, you can get a surfing Pichu! (hugs his Leaf Green cart containing surfing Pichu). Theres other special Pokemon too.

Grubdog

Banned
0wn3d said:
For having some ungodly amount of Pokemon stored in Box, you can get a surfing Pichu! (hugs his Leaf Green cart containing surfing Pichu). Theres other special Pokemon too.
Whoa, really? I may have to get it now, just for that... ;__;

M3wThr33

Banned
Everytime you store enough pokemon in the damn thing you are given an egg. To get the pichu egg that knows surf you need to fill up EVERY slot except the last one.
1499 pokemon
Good luck

sc0la

Unconfirmed Member
M3wThr33 said:
Everytime you store enough pokemon in the damn thing you are given an egg. To get the pichu egg that knows surf you need to fill up EVERY slot except the last one.
1499 pokemon
Good luck

:lol That is truly fucked up.

Top Bottom