• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Valorant is launching on Xbox Series S / X and PS5 today !

I’ve been playing this a lot, it’s very “one more game”-ish, I’m not even sure why as I don’t like the characters, and even the maps feel a lot less interactive than overwatch, not as much fun physics interactions.

But its fun and feels good to play

ManaByte

Gold Member
I prefer playing swiftplay too because first to 5 is better than first to 13 to me.

That's a thing?

pippin-pints.gif

Of course you can. You just need to drop the FOMO and enjoy the game in the moment. Stop thinking about what you might miss out on or that you won't be the best. Just have fun!
The problem with these sort of games is
The time it requires to be good
I was honestly overwhelmed with the amount of heroes in this and their abilities.
Already invested so much in warzone that I just can't commit to another game like this

I was honestly overwhelmed with the amount of heroes in this and their abilities.
I'm still playing just the original 5 that you have unlocked for free. Haven't spent the couple of tokens I have yet. Honestly I don't think you really need to worry about them all. Pick someone you like and focus on the one. I mainly play Brimstone which seems rare. Maybe he's considered not meta but I am doing alright with him.

TVexperto

I'm still playing just the original 5 that you have unlocked for free. Haven't spent the couple of tokens I have yet. Honestly I don't think you really need to worry about them all. Pick someone you like and focus on the one. I mainly play Brimstone which seems rare. Maybe he's considered not meta but I am doing alright with him.
I also like to play him but noticed nobody else wants to... is he that bad?

Three

It's not gaas if u have gamepass ultimate all characters unlocked from get go.
The problem is the commitment these sort of games need to be good at
I mean I have spent years in warzone and now I can't drop that and play something entirely diffently and wholeheartedly commit to them.
+ The battlepasses in these games are a mini job init self
So u can't really commit to multiple of these games
Dude this is like saying Concord isn't GaaS because you get all the freegunners.

VALORANT has buddies, cards, titles, sprays, and skins. Three types of in game currencies. One of them bought with another in game currency to enhance your weapons. Valorant is definitely a GaaS game.

Last edited:

Arsic

Loves his juicy stink trail scent
Been enjoying it on ps5 quite a lot. Glad all my pc cosmetics and unlocks carried over.

Fbh

Gold Member
Well, seems like I can't play it because it's not supported in my region or something, even though I have a US account.

Oh well, will stick with Overwatch 2 when I get the itch for some competitive shooting

Beauty of gamepass here all riot games on all platforms have all characters unlocked

I played one match. Felt like Valorant. It was fun. I had played for about a year on PC.

I’m not going to keep playing, though. As soon as I saw the dailies and weeklies, etc, I remembered how much time this game can consume. I used to play only one or two matches a day, but that still takes a long time.

ManaByte

Gold Member
they don't work anymore on playstation but do on xbox

They blocked unlicensed accessories last November. But everyone of course cursed them for it.

splattered

Been enjoying it on ps5 quite a lot. Glad all my pc cosmetics and unlocks carried over.

Oh damn.. I was redeeming the twitch valorant pc rewards a lot when the game first came out even though i didnt play it but eventually just totally ignored them because it always said pc only. Curious to see which ones I have that would carry over to console. Definitely not much compared to what I would have had if I knew it was eventually making it's way over and things would transfer. Boo.

Bernoulli

M2 slut
They blocked unlicensed accessories last November. But everyone of course cursed them for it.
playstation specifically banned the cheating devices, not every controller that they didn't get money from

Last edited:

Arsic

Loves his juicy stink trail scent
Just to confirm, there are no character skins to unlock right? Just weapon skins?
No character skins. That’s intentional so you can always make call outs and visually determine what your opponent is instantly. With skins that could mess things up.

Before I download, other than the Counter Strike-style official modes, what other gameplay modes does this game offer?

Is there FFA Deathmatch? Gun Game?

bitbydeath

I enjoy Fortnite from time to time…but the game looks like ass to me personally. Not just the style, but everything about the visuals.
I think it’s one of the better looking GaaS games personally.

People like Spider-Man 2 graphics which is similar in art style.

images

images

Last edited:
I'm done with Hero Shooters. Wake me when Arena Shooters are resurrected.
I cant understand by Epic dont release a new UT it would go down really well, even having it as a mode inside fortnite would be cool similar to how they now have the guitar hero and racing games inside

clarky

Gold Member
They don't work

They try a few "workarounds" but they Don't really work as you can see from the comments on this tutorial

I wouldn't know as ive not got one to check obviously. However there are just as many comments on Reddit and elsewhere saying it does work. So I dunno.

Top Bottom