• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Anyone playing Narutimet Hero 2? A few questions...

Takuan

Right, so I used a code to unlock all the characters and noticed some appear to lack the ability to do supers. Uber Hinata, ANBU Kakashi, Kabuto, and Tsunade's assistant all do some charge move instead that appears to power them up, but there doesn't appear to be a difference in damage inflicted. Also, on the character selection screen you can press R1 to cycle through three different kanji underneath your character portrait; what is that for?

Takuan said:
Right, so I used a code to unlock all the characters

nono.gif
nono.gif

nono.gif
nono.gif

nono.gif
nono.gif

nono.gif
nono.gif

nono.gif
nono.gif

nono.gif
nono.gif

aoi tsuki

Cold Shadow said:
If the requirements for getting extras are as tedious as in Naruto 2, i can't blame him. i don't have that kind of time to put into an average fighting game just to unlock some characters.

Takuan

Yeah, it's not like the game has any depth to it. It's not a very technical fighter at all, so single player gets tedious really quick. I just wanted all the characters available for VS matches with friends, which is what I feel makes the game fun. If it weren't for that and the Naruto license, I'd consider the game a steaming turd.

kpop: So what do those 1, 2, and 3 signify? Power, type of attack, type of assist? There's got to be a reason for its being.

Brofist

Takuan said:
Yeah, it's not like the game has any depth to it. It's not a very technical fighter at all, so single player gets tedious really quick. I just wanted all the characters available for VS matches with friends, which is what I feel makes the game fun. If it weren't for that and the Naruto license, I'd consider the game a steaming turd.

kpop: So what do those 1, 2, and 3 signify? Power, type of attack, type of assist? There's got to be a reason for its being.

Seem to be a change in type of assist...just starting playing around with the game myself.

What kind of codes did you use. Gameshark or something?

There are built-in codes in the game. I also used it, I can't be bothered to play 10 hours VS for every locked character. There is still a LOT of stuff to be unlocked from gathering points (character models, super move movies, artwork, music, effects...).

It's really fun though, especially if both players like Naruto. It's fast paced, has good animation, very tight gameplay. Throw escapes and interesting and lead to reversal to reversal to reversal until someone slips up.

It also seems quite balanced with the exception of Itachi, that guy just kills everyone else, and the weaker characters without supers (Shizune, for example). Itachi has a super that does moderate damage, but after it the opponent can't move for 5+ seconds. Another super has the opponent really slowed down. Oh, and on open levels without any side barriers, Tsunade can just happily smash everyone off the stage with her regular punches.

I'd say it's a solid 8/10, possibly 9/10 for fans. Easily as good as GNT2 and probably one of the best anime adaptations I've seen.

Oichi

I'm like a Hadouken, down-right Fierce!
Takuan said:
Right, so I used a code to unlock all the characters and noticed some appear to lack the ability to do supers. Uber Hinata, ANBU Kakashi, Kabuto, and Tsunade's assistant all do some charge move instead that appears to power them up, but there doesn't appear to be a difference in damage inflicted. Also, on the character selection screen you can press R1 to cycle through three different kanji underneath your character portrait; what is that for?

They don't do supers, they charge up their attacks and all that, or give them different abilities. ANBU Kakashi gets Sharingan, others get a power or speed boost.

Also, it's not very hard to unlock characters in the game. You unlock everyone save for two characters by playing story mode once and finishing it. The kanji is just for different colors, nothing more. You don't get anything special for using different ones.

Top Bottom