• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

anyone take fat lose drugs??

feynoob

Banned
I am taking it. Its hell. One pill a day makes me dizzy and sleepy, so I have to drink coffee to stay awake. But the bright side is that I dont have to eat for entire workday. Just coffee morning and water. Eating food around 4pm. Then go to bed and repeat the process. When the hunger is strong, just one sandwitch and a drink. Though, it makes you want to throw up the food after that.

2 days ago, I only had 2 mini chicken sandwitch from wendy at 12pm, went to gym for 1 hour and 20 min walk on the threadmill.. Didnt eat anything after that, until 4pm of the next day when I went home from work. Essentially, I havent had food for 24+ hour.

The result was losing 17 pounds in 17 days after taking the drug. I could have lost more, if I didnt have those sandwitchs. But the results are good. I dont go to the gym that much, so the weight loss is slow. Otherwise, I would have lost more.

Cyberpunkd

doctor said if i take this drug olympic i will be less hungry annnnnd live longer but all of my spirit loves food i dunno my friends
You need to make a choice if your "spirit" love of food is more important than your health and being in pain and miserable for many years. Drugs can nowadays keep you alive for longer, but it is not a comfortable existence. No weight loss medication will help if you do not change your eating habits, you will simply rebound the moment you get off the drug.

Eating healthy is not difficult, start by eliminating any temptations in the house - do not buy thrash food, if you can order online from a pre-made shopping list so you do not feel the urge to buy unhealthy stuff while in store, etc.

EviLore

Expansive Ellipses
Staff Member
The result was losing 17 pounds in 17 days after taking the drug. I could have lost more, if I didnt have those sandwitchs. But the results are good. I dont go to the gym that much, so the weight loss is slow. Otherwise, I would have lost more.
You should still eat bro. Don’t see that one meal as something that held you back from more progress. Ultimately you want to aim for a sustainable lifestyle so that you don’t rubber band back to your original weight.

TommyCronin6969

Gold Member
WdT2s92.jpeg

Dacvak

No one shall be brought before our LORD David Bowie without the true and secret knowledge of the Photoshop. For in that time, so shall He appear.
You should still eat bro. Don’t see that one meal as something that held you back from more progress. Ultimately you want to aim for a sustainable lifestyle so that you don’t rubber band back to your original weight.
That is true. But also, that kind of sharp and immediate progress can often be the revelatory catalyst to better dietary behavior. Sometimes people just need to get over that first hurdle to realize they can actually change and better themselves.

The most important thing is to not quit.

NecrosaroIII

Ultimate DQ Fan
I take ozempic for my diabetes, along with metformin.

Ive lost 15 lbs in 2 months, but weight l9ss isnt the reason I take it. I take it to stay alive.

The stuff is brutal on your gut. Sometimes it feels like a knife is carving your intestines. And the nausea isnt great either. And food just isnt as appealing anymore.

Its not fun at all. Its painful and it sucks. Its definitely not the get skinny quick pill people portray it as. You buy that weightloss with pain and discomfort.

Last edited:

Pegasus Actual

Gold Member
Considered it myself. But, friend of a friend previously had lap band surgery, eventually managed to stretch his stomach back out and got fat again, tried one of them GLP-1 inhibitor types, not sure if it was Ozempic, and had a heart attack which he blames on said medication. I don't trust big pharma, but overall might still be the lesser of two evils for me.

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
Man I really want to take it because i am tired of gaining back all the weight i lose every couple of years. But my doctors are like just exercise and stop eating sugar lol

I did cut sugar almost 3 weeks ago and i gotta say it has reduced my appetite somewhat. I do feel hungry sometimes but I dont go into that vicious cycle of eating something salty then wanting something sweet then back to salty and rinse and repeat. Now if im hungry i just eat and I am not having that insane craving afterwards. which apparently is a sign of diabetes but im no longer pre-diabetic so not sure what thats about.

it also gave me a lot more energy which means im able to exercise a lot more and for longer. first few days of no sugar were brutal with insane headaches and cravings, but some fruits got me through the first week and a half. now im losing weight and i just dont feel like i need to eat that much. also, fruits taste much better than they did on august 1st. i remember thinking this shit isnt sweet at all but now i am like this stuff might be a bit too sweet they taste so good. it almost feels like im having a cinnabon or chocolate cake when im just having some grapes, watermelon or mangos. i might even cut fruit altogether in the next couple of weeks and should see a more drastic weight loss.

if you dont want to take drugs and deal with the side effects, try just cutting sugar. go nuts on fruits and other food to get over those first few days and then you will see your food cravings go down by week 2 or 3.

Last edited:

Soodanim

doctor said if i take this drug olympic i will be less hungry annnnnd live longer but all of my spirit loves food i dunno my friends
If it means you dropping this retard gimmick and going back to posting like a human with a brain, I'm all for you starting or stopping any drugs you like.

They're doing it because there are shortages and will be for a while and quite frankly they can, because the limited supplies in the countries listed will easily sell them out. but bad will from consumers is not something Sony should be flirting with right now. Crazy competition and the economic downturn make this not a great thing to do right now. I already have a PS5 myself and Sony hasn't in any way sold me on next gen yet.
Look at that. Punctuation. Sentence structure. Grammar. Correctly spelled words.

feynoob

Banned
That sounds incredibly unhealthy, holy shit.
I have slow metabolism, so its a must thing to do If I want to lose weight, with little gym workout. I fast a month every year, so going that much hungry isnt an issue for my body, as long as I drink water, and have healthy meal from time to time.

GigaBowser

The bear of bad news
If it means you dropping this retard gimmick and going back to posting like a human with a brain, I'm all for you starting or stopping any drugs you like.

Look at that. Punctuation. Sentence structure. Grammar. Correctly spelled words.
post here for years and have had damage to my head form acsidents and psysically dependant problems since i start posting annnnd trying to rehabelitate every day my family and doctor help buuuut i cant think so good no more buut i am trying to make my problems better maybe you should stop being so crud to people pal

GigaBowser

The bear of bad news
I take ozempic for my diabetes, along with metformin.

Ive lost 15 lbs in 2 months, but weight l9ss isnt the reason I take it. I take it to stay alive.

The stuff is brutal on your gut. Sometimes it feels like a knife is carving your intestines. And the nausea isnt great either. And food just isnt as appealing anymore.

Its not fun at all. Its painful and it sucks. Its definitely not the get skinny quick pill people portray it as. You buy that weightloss with pain and discomfort.

I am taking it. Its hell. One pill a day makes me dizzy and sleepy, so I have to drink coffee to stay awake. But the bright side is that I dont have to eat for entire workday. Just coffee morning and water. Eating food around 4pm. Then go to bed and repeat the process. When the hunger is strong, just one sandwitch and a drink. Though, it makes you want to throw up the food after that.

2 days ago, I only had 2 mini chicken sandwitch from wendy at 12pm, went to gym for 1 hour and 20 min walk on the threadmill.. Didnt eat anything after that, until 4pm of the next day when I went home from work. Essentially, I havent had food for 24+ hour.

this is sad my friends dont wanna feel bad i just wanna to live long and feel happy

RagnarokIV

Battlebus imprisoning me \m/ >.< \m/
I’m not ‘fat’ and never really have been but I’ve used steroids in the past to help shred fat. My main problem is I get a belly when I eat and drink shit food and beer, so I’d load up to help shred it while still being able to gain muscle.

I will say that switching to a diet of freshly cooked and prepped food (thank you wife) was the biggest lifestyle change and the impact was incredible.

M1chl

Currently Gif and Meme Champion
Yep, here is the thread for it, I am down 33kgs, from the first post. So around 103kg. It just works™ Also diabetes free

Last edited:
Stop taking any drugs. Just eat less. Thats all you gotta do. How the fuck is it that hard for some of you? Theres tons of food with almost no sugar you can eat. Meat and water. Stay off soft drinks, coffee, alcohol for at least 2-3 months and you should see some impressive results. Make sure you work out as well.

M1chl

Just count your calories ffs

Go to a website that counts your ideal weight maintenance calories, and then just start eating that amount every day

If you can’t do this, I highly doubt you can accomplish anything requiring discipline in your life
That's a great advice, but generally, it leads to jojo effect. And weak will does not really applies in my opinion, because empty fat cells screams to your body, if you do not lose your weight slow enough and generally IF in the future the medication will be available normally, we will see far more healthy people, without danger of regaining weight. Besides, you still should take some training, especially weight training to go along your weight loss, so you wouldn't give up on muscles, but then your hunger will be even more. I can now workout 4 times a day and eating one small meal a day + some protein shake and I feel no such dread, like with dieting...

E-Cat

That's a great advice, but generally, it leads to jojo effect. And weak will does not really applies in my opinion, because empty fat cells screams to your body, if you do not lose your weight slow enough and generally IF in the future the medication will be available normally, we will see far more healthy people, without danger of regaining weight. Besides, you still should take some training, especially weight training to go along your weight loss, so you wouldn't give up on muscles, but then your hunger will be even more. I can now workout 4 times a day and eating one small meal a day + some protein shake and I feel no such dread, like with dieting...
This is the ideal amount that you should eat per day, it’s not like an extreme calorie deficit that should lead to yo-yoing. Empty fat cells are a bitch, hence strong is required to ignore them. Anyway, eating ideal weight maintenance calories (e.g. 2200 kcal/day with some exercise) won’t make you lose weight super fast, unless you’re super obese.

Last edited:
If you can't stop eating then yes take it. Just don't rely on it and use that opportunity to make life style changes, and track your calories so you don't start undereating

Last edited:

M1chl

This is the ideal amount that you should eat per day, it’s not like an extreme calorie deficit that should lead to yo-yoing. Empty fat cells are a bitch, hence strong will required to ignore them. Anyway, eating ideal weight maintenance calories (e.g. 2200 kcal/day with some exercise) won’t make you lose weight super fast, unless you’re super obese.
Oh for sure, just how long you are able to sustain it, eating at deficit, when you got fat in first place. If you got fat after some incident, then for sure, but if you were overweight since forever, I doubt you will be able to do it, meaning that you won't sustain the loss for 1 year+. Granted I think what you are saying is definitely valid, just that the mind of person and their habits and so on, are really tough to break...

E-Cat

Oh for sure, just how long you are able to sustain it, eating at deficit, when you got fat in first place. If you got fat after some incident, then for sure, but if you were overweight since forever, I doubt you will be able to do it, meaning that you won't sustain the loss for 1 year+. Granted I think what you are saying is definitely valid, just that the mind of person and their habits and so on, are really tough to break...
I have been eating a deficit for close to a year now. I weighed 183 lbs, now down to 161 lbs. My goal is 152 lbs (ideal weight). I have had occasional ”cheat days”, but have maintained discipline for the most part.

Once you arrive at the target weight, you’re no longer on a ”deficit”.

Are you saying that once a person accumulates a lot of fat cells, they can never again get down to and maintain an ideal weight due to the cravings? That’s a pretty bleak outlook, honestly. I wouldn’t know since I was never that fat to begin with, so maybe it’s easier for me? (I also have mild Asperger’s, maybe that helps too, tbh)

Last edited:

M1chl

I have been eating a deficit for close to a year now. I weighed 183 lbs, now down to 161 lbs. My goal is 152 lbs (ideal weight). I have had occasional ”cheat days”, but have maintained discipline for the most part.

Once you arrive at the target weight, you’re no longer on a ”deficit”.

Are you saying that once a person accumulates a lot of fat cells, they can never again get down to and maintain an ideal weight due to the cravings? That’s a pretty bleak outlook, honestly. I wouldn’t know since I was never that fat to begin with, so maybe it’s easier for me? (I also have mild Asperger’s, maybe that helps too, tbh)
Not never, its just unlikely, that's all am I saying. And congrats to you, I needed help with meds. You are strong warrior

EviLore

Expansive Ellipses
Staff Member
Your number of adipose tissue cells (body fat cells) is stable as an adult. The cells themselves get larger and smaller depending on your weight.

Soodanim

post here for years and have had damage to my head form acsidents and psysically dependant problems since i start posting annnnd trying to rehabelitate every day my family and doctor help buuuut i cant think so good no more buut i am trying to make my problems better maybe you should stop being so crud to people pal
Forgive me if I have trouble believing that you had multiple injuries so serious that they caused cognitive decline but your posting never stopped and your command over the English language only slowly declined over the course of 1-2 years.

Liljagare

My brother and a cousin both got the side effect of intestines slowing and stopping, was some scary stuff, both of them had lengthy hospital stays. The FDA is warning patients prescribed Ozempic about the potential to develop a condition called ileus that causes blocked intestines.

Make sure you stay regular if you are on it!

Last edited:

SlimySnake

Stop taking any drugs. Just eat less. Thats all you gotta do. How the fuck is it that hard for some of you? Theres tons of food with almost no sugar you can eat. Meat and water. Stay off soft drinks, coffee, alcohol for at least 2-3 months and you should see some impressive results. Make sure you work out as well.
Read up on diabetes and pre-diabetes. Also some research papers on how addiction affects people differently. Food addiction is a real thing because cravings are very real. Apparently sugar is just as addictive as cocaine.

In the end, it's all about self control, but when your body is craving food almost immediately after you have food there is something wrong chemically. It's your insulin response thats all fucked up. I have never been overweight let alone obese (going by the BMI guidelines) but every time i lose weight, i gain it all back regardless of calorie counting. No soda, no alcohol, fries once or twice a week, no ice cream, cake/cookies maybe once a week at social events, work out multiple times a week, always come under 2,000 calories a day and i still gained back all 25 pounds in a span of 18 months.

One of the most insane things ive read on this is the difference between european and american foods. The ingredients we use are way more processed, contain more added sugar, and have different chemical reactions that lead to weight gain, heart diseases and other health issues. The obesity rate in the U.S is 45%. In Europe, it's 17%. it's not because americans are lazier or have less self control.

jason10mm

Gold Member
My wife used one of them, an injectible but I forget which one, and it straight killed her appetite. She barely ate, so of course she lost weight, but she also had little energy and didn't exercise, so a lot of that loss was muscle tissue, not just fat. Also gave her lots of stomach/bowel issues. So for the $1000/mo or whatever it cost I think there are much better "weight loss" options for most folks without specific medical issues. Talking to endocrinologists they think chronic use of these drugs is gonna lead to big problems later.

jason10mm

Gold Member
nearly 20 lbs in 2 weeks seems a bit extreme

For long term weight loss, they recommend losing 1 lb per week. Slow wins this race
A lot of that early rapid loss is water weight. Cutting out salt and all that leads to a diuretic effect. Plus when you radically reduce caloric intake but stay reasonably active you will be surprised at how quickly fat and muscle will be consumed.

Raven117

A lot of that early rapid loss is water weight. Cutting out salt and all that leads to a diuretic effect. Plus when you radically reduce caloric intake but stay reasonably active you will be surprised at how quickly fat and muscle will be consumed.
This.

But this should stabilize in a few weeks (longer if you are bigger, shorter if you aren’t really carrying a lot of body fat).

After that, one really needs to have protein dialed in along with some physical activity.

It’s not quite “vogue” right now, but a high protein, high(ish) carb, low fat diet while working out hard is actually going to be your best bet with trying to save your muscle mass while dropping fat. (It’s going to happen some, but you can try and minimize it)

Carbs get a bad rap nowadays, but if you are hitting it hard on the gym (going heavy) or endurance running…. They are essential.

Last edited:

GigaBowser

The bear of bad news
My wife used one of them, an injectible but I forget which one, and it straight killed her appetite. She barely ate, so of course she lost weight, but she also had little energy and didn't exercise, so a lot of that loss was muscle tissue, not just fat. Also gave her lots of stomach/bowel issues. So for the $1000/mo or whatever it cost I think there are much better "weight loss" options for most folks without specific medical issues. Talking to endocrinologists they think chronic use of these drugs is gonna lead to big problems later.
does it hurt your tummy make you sick??
Forgive me if I have trouble believing that you had multiple injuries so serious that they caused cognitive decline but your posting never stopped and your command over the English language only slowly declined over the course of 1-2 years.
maybe you never hear of ARBD happens because of drinking annnnd falling

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
I dont follow all these weight loss drugs, but going by what you said there seems to be a big difference to me between suppressing appetites vs. higher metabolism, and losing weight between everything (muscle and fat) vs just fat.

I might be wrong, but when I think diet drugs, I think of fat burning pills that accelerate calorie burning + fat is lost first.

I dont think of eating suppression or muscle getting burned off too.

GigaBowser

The bear of bad news
My brother and a cousin both got the side effect of intestines slowing and stopping, was some scary stuff, both of them had lengthy hospital stays. The FDA is warning patients prescribed Ozempic about the potential to develop a condition called ileus that causes blocked intestines.

Make sure you stay regular if you are on it!
whhhhhhhaaatt? defirnately not taking this crud now

SlimySnake

People never believed me when i told them that i lost 30 pounds in 3 months (15 in one month) but your body will use every and anything it can find to keep running. Fat, muscles, it dont give a fuck. The first drop is indeed water weight but if you keep at it, your body retrains itself to burn fat which is why people see such drastic weight loss. Muscles also go. i looked like a little boy after my 3 month intermittent fasting experiment lmao. my wife had never been less attracted to me. my shoulders, chest, and arms were all gone. she wanted me to lose belly fat but then started complaining about how i now need to bulk up.

And thats the only problem with losing weight fast. you will lose water weight and fat but also muscle.

E-Cat

I’m just wondering how ”bad” can these cravings be? Like I mentioned earlier, I have been on a calorie deficit for the better part of a year — nothing extreme, but I’m probably eating 200 calories less a day than would be required to maintain my current (unoptimal) weight.

It’s not exactly pleasant. If left to my own devices and I just ate whatever the fuck I wanted, i could easily eat 3000-4000 calories a day like a degenerate without breaking a sweat. And then I would weigh like 250 pounds. Instead, since I’m ”adult supervising” myself, I’ll end up weighing 150 pounds in a couple of months. It’s not a question of ”if”, it will inexorably happen as a result of my choices and actions.

It’s fucking normal to crave things. I constantly fantasize about hamburgers, pizza, milkshakes, chocolate sundaes, BBQ ribs, etc. etc. Sometimes I’ll go a full day without eating just to be able to eat a 2000 kcal McDonald’s meal and still stay within my calorie budget. So, yeah, I DO give in to my cravings from time to time, but I’m fucking smart about it. The Master of my Domain.

Last edited:

SlimySnake

whhhhhhhaaatt? defirnately not taking this crud now
i didnt get hospitalized during my intermittent fasting experiment, but my bowel movements pretty much went away. i legit thought i was constipated because i was going a week or longer. i bought fiber gummies, and even metalucen. nothing. and then when i would go, it wouldnt hurt and i definitely wasnt constipated. It's just my body went into shock from lack of eating (i was eating one meal a day and then skipping some days altogether) and started my intestines slowed down to retain any kind of nutrients it could.

your body is trained to survive. this is why exercise doesnt always lead to weight loss because your body adapts to burning extra calories. and if you stop eating, your body adapts to burning fewer calories and slows down your metabolism to keep food in there longer. that leads to all kinds of issues with gut health, bowel movements and even slower kidney function.

Every Intermittent fasting video i watched back then kept saying you have to continue having nutrients. either by having fruits and vegetables or drinks with mineral or vitamin water. i didnt do any of that and im guessing these guys just stopping everything meant that they were missing those crucial nutrients your body needs to function properly.

Top Bottom