• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Appaloosa developing Jaws for Majesco

cja

Sweet. What happened to Sega's investment in the developer?

Majesco Acquires Video Game Rights to Universal Pictures' and Steven Spielberg's Jaws

EDISON, N.J.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Aug. 18, 2004--

Video Game's 2005 Release Marks 30th Anniversary of Academy Award(R)-Winning Film

Majesco (OTCBB:MJSH), a leading publisher and distributor of interactive entertainment products, today announced that it has secured the interactive entertainment rights to one of the most enduring action-suspense films of all time, Universal Pictures' and Steven Spielberg's Jaws. Developed by Appaloosa, the video game is scheduled to ship in summer 2005 to coincide with the 30th anniversary of the film's theatrical release.

Jaws is scheduled for release in 2005 for the PlayStation(R) 2 computer entertainment system, Xbox(R) video game system from Microsoft and personal computers. More information about Jaws and Majesco's entire lineup of products can be found online at www.majescogames.com.

rest of pr

Funky Papa

FUNK-Y-PPA-4
Well, at least they gave the license to the only team that can do it some justice.

Just try to imagine a Jaws game with EA Trax :D

Remember the great white boss in Ecco? Geez i still get the wiggins thinking the Jaws like theme that played as that fat bastard was mere inches away from consuming me. This new game theyre working on sounds great-we need more shark games.

Best use of sharks-Ecco and Resident Evil 0.

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
Only if you get to play as Jaws... which would actually be great.

It seems you DO play as Jaws. The Ecco DC engine would need a serious overhaul, though, as it had some issues even when it was released back in 2000. I'm not that interested, though...

Ecco was so enjoyable because of the atmosphere it brought to the table. I just don't expect that this will be a similar game...

eso76

I'm still hoping they release a sequel to Ecco Dotf.
This could look like it, but it will clearly lack all the poetry and atmosphere.
Not to mention tim follin's music.

D

Deleted member 284

Unconfirmed Member
Isn't this the same company that made that Contra for PS1?

Top Bottom