• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Apple iPhone 6 [OT]

Eiolon

Not digging the lines on the back. I'll get one, but it will be the first phone I buy a case for just to cover them up.

Majmun

I can get a new phone on the 14th this month.

It's going to be between this and the new Sony Z3.

Why isn't the iPhone 6 waterproof???!!!! UGH!!!

The 4.7's resolution is pretty disappointing. Was hoping for 1080.
Gotta save something for the 6S.

Im too used to having a giant aftermarket battery for my Galaxy S3 so I'll be just getting the Galaxy S5 I think and getting a 7500mah battery for it.

I was considering going back to Apple until the announcements. I should consider the Note 4 but honestly the price isn't justifiable.

wigwag85

Banned
Just get an LG G3.

1440 x 2560 pixels, 5.5 inches (~534 ppi pixel density)

3 gigs of RAM

Not ridiculously overpriced.

Out now.

Why on earth does it go 16GB -> 64GB -> 128GB?

How does 16GB make sense for a product like this? 32GB is far more logical an initial step

Yea I was hoping for a 32gb version. 16 is too small for me, and 64 is overkill, but I guess I'll have to settle for the 64gb version.

Nori Chan

So how does pre order work? My gf just lost her iPhone 5, and I'm trying to get her a new one asap so she doesn't die without a smart phone lol

Mononoke

Banned
Why on earth does it go 16GB -> 64GB -> 128GB?

How does 16GB make sense for a product like this? 32GB is far more logical an initial step

Probably to force people to pay for the $299 model lol 16gb is too low for most, so they are going to be tempted to just go up to the 64gb at the price.

Scarphace

So pre-orders are this Friday. As someone that hasn't done this before, how does it work? So I'm with Sprint. Do I like have to log in with my Sprint account, and select the line I want to upgrade when doing the pre-order? Or do you just get your pre-order in, and sort it out after the fact?

Also do they charge you that night?

You enter your number on the apple site and they will pull up your account and let you select the upgrade if you have one. I forget if they charged me at that time.

overcast

I honestly can't imagine carrying a phone as big as the 6+ (with a case) around. Would seriously need a bag, and I don't have one on me unless I'm at school.

Mononoke

Banned
You enter your number on the apple site and they will pull up your account and let you select the upgrade if you have one. I forget if they charged me at that time.

Ah okay, that actually sounds pretty easy (I know the site will probably crash though and it will be hell). I wonder if carriers (like Sprint/Verizon) or other retailers like Best Buy will do pre-orders too, or if the Apple.com pre-order is the only one. Either way I'll make sure to get my account stuff sorted before the pre-order. I know I'm up for an upgrade, but I want to make sure there is no funny business.

While I'm up for an upgrade (AT&T), I'd like to get my wife on a plan with myself. Would we both be eligible for subsidized phones in that case? I think it's safe to say my unlimited data plan is a goner.

Iphone 6 32 gigs looks appealing for me.

Oneplus One as well, but it's not out yet~

There is no 32GB.

Scarphace

Ah okay, that actually sounds pretty easy (I know the site will probably crash though and it will be hell). I wonder if carriers (like Sprint/Verizon) or other retailers like Best Buy will do pre-orders too, or if the Apple.com pre-order is the only one.

Carriers have done it in the past too. From my previous experiences Apple has been able to handle the traffic, no crashes or anything.

Chuckl3s

So looking at the comparison, its almost the same exact phone as the 5s but just bigger? Nothing really stands out that would make me buy this over the 5s. Maybe the NFC.

Squalor

While I'm up for an upgrade (AT&T), I'd like to get my wife on a plan with myself. Would we both be eligible for subsidized phones in that case? I think it's safe to say my unlimited data plan is a goner.
You aren't changing your plan just because you're adding your wife.

You can keep yours and add your wife, who will be on a tiered plan.

If she signs on for a two-year contract, she can get a subsidized phone. With your upgrade, you can still get a subsidized phone. Just make sure you make it clear in the store that you DO NOT want to change your personal plan. You are just adding your wife to the account.

can we just get google glass and vr peripherals up to future-tech awesomeness already? i'm sick of these fucking phone manufacturers trying to put tablet-sized nonsense in our pockets (where they don't fucking fit)

iphone 8 to be a 24" retina display confirmed

time to get a 5

Manus

Just get an LG G3.

3 gigs of RAM

Out now.

Right? And for only $200. iPhone's are becoming so outdated with specs it's not even funny.

Certinty

Just get an LG G3.

3 gigs of RAM

Out now.
Pretty much, by far the best phone out there and can actually be had for a good price.

Add a Moto 360 to that and you're laughing at those buying an iPhone 6/6+ and the Apple Watch.

You aren't changing your plan just because you're adding your wife.

You can keep yours and add your wife, who will be on a tiered plan.

If she signs on for a two-year contract, she can get a subsidized phone. With your upgrade, you can still get a subsidized phone. Just make sure you make it clear in the store that you DO NOT want to change your personal plan. You are just adding your wife to the account.

Cool. So I'd be rocking 2 separate accounts on the same account? I wonder if going to a combined plan would make more financial sense.

VoxPop

Which means updates will actually make the phone run better, rather than slow it down.

No thanks. I've used an Android phone for the past 1.5 years and I have no plan on sticking with it. iOS is so much more refined and have a much better app ecosystem along with iMessage.

Plus they made NFC worth a damn despite Android having it for god knows how long.

shwimpy

I'll probably get the 6+ but WTF @ 16gig storage being the base and 1 gig RAM. Cheap mother f'ers...

edit - and protruding camera? FUCK!

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
1 gig gonna suck just like on iPads especially on the larger model with a higher res screen. In theory 1080p content will take up more RAM space.

I'm not saying phones need 4 gigs of RAM. Honestly while 3 gigs in some Android phones is nice I think it's overkill. 2 gigs of LPDDR3 can make a world of difference especially for multitasking though.

Also guess LPDDR4 confirmed for 2015 then unless it sneaks into the iPads. Not surprised though.

Zuly

Well. I was thinking about getting a Note 4 as my contract expires in October but I might reconsider for this. I actually like stupidly large phones and I barely use my phone for calling.

Why do people want giant ass phones and how do you even carry them in your pockets

I never carry my phone in my pocket but in my bag.

wigwag85

Banned
No thanks. I've used an Android phone for the past 1.5 years and I have no plan on sticking with it. iOS is so much more refined and have a much better app ecosystem along with iMessage.

Plus they made NFC worth a damn despite Android having it for god knows how long.

IPhones already have NFC pay...

Manus

Aw, look at the Junior Troll who has had his account since the end of July.

The junior is actually right. As a person who sells cell phones you wouldn't believe the rage I got from customers coming in complaining about how slow iOS 7 made their phone. Now not everyone might now tell a difference, but a lot of people did.

Top Bottom