• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Apple iPhone 6 [OT]

skybald

Hey guys,

With the announcement of the 6s and 6s+ fast approaching I need to decide which to get (coming from a 4s) and one of the biggest deciding factors is....how it fits in my pocket. I wear a lot of skinny/slim fit jeans and am a little worried the 6s+ would be a bit too cumbersome in my pockets. I'm 6ft and 147lbs, anyone else with a 6+ able to give some thoughts as to how it might go?

6+ would be pretty big for your pockets. Wait and see the size of the 6s line, but the 6 is a great size as it is now

mrklaw

MrArseFace
you could probably go to a DIY store and buy some wood and cut it into the approximate sizes of a 6 and 6+, and try them out in your pockets for a while.

Oscar

So my cousin (who doesn't care about his credit), got mad at Sprint and stopped paying for his financed iPhone 6 Plus.

Before moving away, he let me have it. I'm currently with Sprint, and wouldn't mind using that phone on my account if I can. IMEI sites are reporting that it's clean but is locked to his Sprint account.

What's my best bet in making this happen? A friend told me I could try taking it to an Apple Store, claiming a defect, in order to swap it for a new one. During the activation process, I could hand the Genius my iPhone's SIM (Sprint as well), and it would be activated in my account.

Tunesmith

formerly "chigiri"
Hey guys,

With the announcement of the 6s and 6s+ fast approaching I need to decide which to get (coming from a 4s) and one of the biggest deciding factors is....how it fits in my pocket. I wear a lot of skinny/slim fit jeans and am a little worried the 6s+ would be a bit too cumbersome in my pockets. I'm 6ft and 147lbs, anyone else with a 6+ able to give some thoughts as to how it might go?

6S+ will be big for that. I have a 6 and its borderline too large in some situations.

maybe this site will help? Set your correct monitor size and you're off.

http://www.piliapp.com/actual-size/iphone-6/
http://www.piliapp.com/actual-size/iphone-6-plus/

Husker86

So my cousin (who doesn't care about his credit), got mad at Sprint and stopped paying for his financed iPhone 6 Plus.

Before moving away, he let me have it. I'm currently with Sprint, and wouldn't mind using that phone on my account if I can. IMEI sites are reporting that it's clean but is locked to his Sprint account.

What's my best bet in making this happen? A friend told me I could try taking it to an Apple Store, claiming a defect, in order to swap it for a new one. During the activation process, I could hand the Genius my iPhone's SIM (Sprint as well), and it would be activated in my account.
I don't think GAF endorses fraud advice.

alterno69

Banned
Fuck me, lost my iphone today at my sons soccer game. Fell out of my pocket and when i realised i ran back to the stands and it was gone. Two kids aproached me and asked what i was lookong for, turned out they'd found it. So they tell me the had it, i can't believe my luck, they take me to their mother and indeed she has it, but the screen is shatered and the phone is bent ;(. I'm guessing someone steped on it before the kids found it.

So i didn't lose it but it's busted, now i have to pay for a replacement cause apple doesn't offer screen repair in Mexico, it's gonns cost me around 300-400 usd to get a new one, i'm beyond pissed right now.

Edit: 6+ btw :(

dallow_bg

nods at old men
Fuck me, lost my iphone today at my sons soccer game. Fell out of my pocket and when i realised i ran back to the stands and it was gone. Two kids aproached me and asked what i was lookong for, turned out they'd found it. So they tell me the had it, i can't believe my luck, they take me to their mother and indeed she has it, but the screen is shatered and the phone is bent ;(. I'm guessing someone steped on it before the kids found it.

So i didn't lose it but it's busted, now i have to pay for a replacement cause apple doesn't offer screen repair in Mexico, it's gonns cost me around 300-400 usd to get a new one, i'm beyond pissed right now.

Are there not a ton of cell repair places that can do the screen swap?

mrkgoo

Is $3-400 actually cheaper than a brand new one? If so consider that the cost. If you replace the screen at a non-authorised service centre, it can void your eligibility for any replacement program that might come up. For example let's say it's found that the sleep/wake button is faulty and Apple replace them for three years even out of warranty.

Our country also has no authorised screen replacements, which sucks in some ways, but can be a boon in others as it means whole unit replacements are usually the repair for many broken features.

At any rate, if your phone is bent, a simple screen replacement may not suffice anyway.

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
I usually turn my iPhone off when I'm not using it.

Are there any benefits to doing this, or is there really no problem with keeping it on all the time and charging it?

GAMEPROFF

Banned
You are permanently charging it when its on and not used?
I only charge it when the battery is low... And I have a hard time understanding whats the reason is to have a iPhone, that is all the time off...

sooooo my Iphone6+ started going weird it seems like

randomly touching and can't even touch and go to the places i want

it just clicks everything, goes to every app or etc and clicks words out of random and does weird things

i heard usually u just turn it off, reset, or etc but this is weird man wtf

also i heard it's usually the charger that is messing it up but the charger i am using was from the one included with my 6 plus :(

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
You are permanently charging it when its on and not used?
I only charge it when the battery is low... And I have a hard time understanding whats the reason is to have a iPhone, that is all the time off...

what? no

I mean charging it when its low battery but leaving it on all the time

vs

turning it off when not using it (sleeping etc) as well as charging when the battery is low

Basically, is keeping the phone on all the time detrimental?

sarcastor

So whenever I make a call on my Iphone, I hear garbled speech that sounds like someone is underwater and talking at 10% the speed. But when I recorded the conversation, it sounds fine.

Ergo, my iphone is possessed by a retarded ghost.

update: resetting the network settings fixed it.

i was wondering why my 5% back from discover wasnt showing up........double checked the newly added "exemptions," fuck off Tim Cook

ffkcoKI.png

hwalker84

it just clicks everything, goes to every app or etc and clicks words out of random and does weird things

also i heard it's usually the charger that is messing it up but the charger i am using was from the one included with my 6 plus :(

I had this happen on a Windows Phone that I had the screen replaced and they didn't ground the screen properly.

am_dragon

After the latest iOS upgrade I've had some problems as well. A week ago the screen went black and it could still hear text notifications, and the screen was working but I couldn't see anything. I managed to get it restarted without seeing the screen and problem was solved.

Today I woke up and the screen doesn't accept touch. Can't turn it off so I guess I'm headed to the apple store.

Minamu

My battery in my 5 is starting to act up. Tonight I went to a party at 100% and I sent a few snapchat videos and made 2 normal videos for later upload. At one time I was at around 85%, the next the phone is completely dead! Sure, it wasn't pleasantly warm outside but not that cold either :/ I tried rebooting it and it gave me the standard warning that I should charge it. I left it alone for 3-4 hours after that since my charger was at home. When I got home though, I restarted it just fine without the charger and I was at 59%... I managed one phone call and some gaming and I'm writing this from said device currently stuck at 29%. Wtf is up with that?! Can I do anything? Not the first time it's been acting up but not this severe...

mrkgoo

My battery in my 5 is starting to act up. Tonight I went to a party at 100% and I sent a few snapchat videos and made 2 normal videos for later upload. At one time I was at around 85%, the next the phone is completely dead! Sure, it wasn't pleasantly warm outside but not that cold either :/ I tried rebooting it and it gave me the standard warning that I should charge it. I left it alone for 3-4 hours after that since my charger was at home. When I got home though, I restarted it just fine without the charger and I was at 59%... I managed one phone call and some gaming and I'm writing this from said device currently stuck at 29%. Wtf is up with that?! Can I do anything? Not the first time it's been acting up but not this severe...

Check your serial number against apples support page for iPhone 5 - a certain serial number range had bad batteries. If you have one of those, it's under 3 years from date of purchase, and fails a battery test, Apple ahould replace the battery for you.

mrkgoo

After the latest iOS upgrade I've had some problems as well. A week ago the screen went black and it could still hear text notifications, and the screen was working but I couldn't see anything. I managed to get it restarted without seeing the screen and problem was solved.

Today I woke up and the screen doesn't accept touch. Can't turn it off so I guess I'm headed to the apple store.

If you ever hit this issue you can do a hard reset by holding down both the sleep/wake and home button down until you see the apple logo. It takes about 10 seconds.

Check here: https://www.apple.com/support/iphone6plus-isightcamera/

Then go to an Apple Store or authorised Service centre, if you have a valid serial number.

There's a support program for replacement of iPhone 6+ iSight cameras that malfunction and don't focus. This program his valid so long as your iPhone 6+ is under 3 years old.

cheers! booked an appointment as my phone is part of the affected lot. anyone had experience with this and can offer a rough turn around?

f@luS

More than a member.
I changes my iPhone today and backed up from my save. I made a new save with the new iPhone afterward strangely enough my iCloud account say 4.9gb free on 5 yet my save is 1.5gb and active/visible on my iCloud ... How is that possible ? I'm afraid of bad backup now but i repeated it and it says the same

GAMEPROFF

Banned
Seems like the speaker of my iPhone 6 is broken. Watched a YouTube video with a lot of interferences and now every time I listen to music, there are a lot of scratching noises.

Has anyone a idea how much a repair for this is going to cost?

Edit: Its out of Warranty

I used air drop for the first time today to transfer pics and vids off my new 6 s plus to my Mac and wtf how did I not know this feature existed. I had a iPhone 5 and got a iMac in 2013 and didn't know I could dump my files wirelessly.

cheers! booked an appointment as my phone is part of the affected lot. anyone had experience with this and can offer a rough turn around?

My local store is around 1 hour for repairs, but it depends HEAVILY on traffic that day

Seems like the speaker of my iPhone 6 is broken. Watched a YouTube video with a lot of interferences and now every time I listen to music, there are a lot of scratching noises.

Has anyone a idea how much a repair for this is going to cost?

Edit: Its out of Warranty

Speaker repair is $60

skybald

Hey everyone, anecdotal evidence time!

Anyone else notice a slight dip in performance over the last two minor updates? I am on 9.3.5.

Another things that happened as well was the drop down notification and pull up taskbar would not work. Happened twice now. When it happened last night I restarted the phone.

Anyone else starting to have these performance degradations? I got my iPhone 64 GB in May 2015.

Anyone else's iPhone 6 decide to delete all their pictures etc and then restore them later?

I should say I'm still on iOS 9 something because 10 looked horrible to me.

suberzat

Just got a iphone 6s on verison 9.3.5

Should I upgrade to newest version 10.?? or jailbreak at my current ios?

Looking to customs my iphone as much stock like nova launcher or jailbreak to get more themes/cracks. While looking as clean as possible

I am coming from using Nexus devices since the N5

Top Bottom