• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

April Wrasslin' |OT| 2017 Season Premiere

While I personally don't care this was clearly a spoiler. It's scripted TV show, it being live has no factor in it.

The fact that it's "live" doesn't really have much meaning when it's a scripted program. It has more in common with normal TV than a sporting event.

Imagine if someone posted a thread saying
JON SNOW
DIES AT THE END OF GAME OF THRONES SEASON 5 less than a day after it happened. People would be fucking furious.

What about the Academy Awards? That is a scripted TV show and there were results on GAF everywhere.

Where do you draw the line?

Tagyhag

So Really, I just watched HHH's match against Eugene at Summerlam 04. I didn't even know this happened.

But the next match after it ended, Divas contestants vs Woman's roster in a dodgeball match. Michele McCool wrecking people.

3oEdv6iBUjD1QcYAuc.gif

I still can't believe Eugene was a thing.

Zach

Let me tell you about how I started WrestleMania two hours late and didn't check out WrassleGAF or Twitter until I had caught up just in time for the main event. It's called personal responsibility. Get wrecked, California Liber Alles.

LionPride

Banned
The fact that it's "live" doesn't really have much meaning when it's a scripted program. It has more in common with normal TV than a sporting event.

Imagine if someone posted a thread saying
JON SNOW
DIES AT THE END OF GAME OF THRONES SEASON 5 less than a day after it happened. People would be fucking furious.
But is GoT a live event that is currently happening somewhere or is it a tv show filmed in advance and aired at a later date?

Strax

The general rule is if it's aired it's fair game

You can't expect people to stifle discussion just because you personally couldn't watch something

Of course you can discuss it, that's the point of this thread. Had the OT thread been about characters in GoT that person would've been banned and thread locked within mins.

imBask

Banned
if someone spoiled GoT for me, my reaction would be to be very slightly annoyed and move on with my life 1 second later and forget about what happened

It's almost as stupid to me as being angry at Jim Sterling for giving a bad score to a game you've never played

Caderfix

How many moves does Roman actually have?

Superman Punch, Spear, Drive By (?), Samoan Drop, Power Bomb, a not acceptable Lifting Power Bomb, Crucifix Power Bomb and I think that's it. The only bad ones are the superman punch and spear, the rest are cool, too bad the Lifting Power Bomb is kind of ruined at this point.

You're being deliberately obtuse here. The Academy Awards aren't a scripted story driven program.

I am trying to figure out where wrestling fans draw the line. If you get spoiled on a live event that already happened, that's on you. Stay away from the internet, instagram, twitter, etc. I can't get mad if someone is talking about Okada v Omega or puts the winner in a title. It happened, it is on me to stay away.

Zach

A moderator of this fine website needs to step in and tell everyone whether or not the thread is out of line.

Kaladin

What is funny to me is how the Nakamura thread gets shit for spoilers, but there is an Undertaker thread on the main page now posted shortly after Mania ended with a spoiler in the title.

You know how many complained in that thread? One.

Strax

if someone spoiled GoT for me, my reaction would be to be very slightly annoyed and move on with my life 1 second later and forget about what happened

It's almost as stupid to me as being angry at Jim Sterling for giving a bad score to a game you've never played

But we are not talking about what spoiler rules should be. The rules most people (and GAF) go by it clearly a spoiler for a scripted TV show.

Of course you can discuss it, that's the point of this thread. Had the OT thread been about characters in GoT that person would've been banned and thread locked within mins.

This isn't Game of Thrones, that's a fucking awful comparison and saying it's a scripted TV show is some real dumb ass shit, it's a sports show, which means fire by night

Hows your promotion football team doing?

The Packers are probably going to be a hot mess this season though, they overachieved last season

How dare you

Sephzilla

What is funny to me is how the Nakamura thread gets shit for spoilers, but there is an Undertaker thread on the main page now posted shortly after Mania ended with a spoiler in the title.

The Undertaker thread title doesn't spoil WrestleMania though. It just says he retired. If the Undertaker thread was named UNDERTAKER RETIRES FOLLOWING LOSS TO ROMAN REIGNS AT WRESTLEMANIA that would be different

A moderator of this fine website needs to step in and tell everyone whether or not the thread is out of line.

I'm pretty sure the GAF rules straight up say no spoilers in thread titles

Zach

Stop counting complainers.

Caderfix

People are too sensitive about spoilers, man. Stay off of social media and forums until you are able to watch it, that's it. At this point I think everyone knows how it works.

imBask

Banned
The Undertaker thread title doesn't spoil WrestleMania though. It just says he retired. If the Undertaker thread was named UNDERTAKER RETIRES FOLLOWING LOSS TO ROMAN REIGNS AT WRESTLEMANIA that would be different

That's so arbitrary though... what if I didn't know Taker was wrestling at Mania?

Nakamura isn't really a spoiler since it doesn't actually say what he did, it just says it was there

Sephzilla

That's so arbitrary though... what if I didn't know Taker was wrestling at Mania?

Nakamura isn't really a spoiler since it doesn't actually say what he did, it just says it was there

The Taker thread title doesn't even mention he wrestled at WrestleMania

LionPride

Banned
The fact that WWE is live doesn't really matter, I don't understand why people are pushing this?
Because it does matter. It's on you to stay away, not on anyone else

If you don't wanna know who won a game, then you stay away.

If you don't wanna see that a wrestler fucking walked around a damn ring while a man played a violin, you stay away

People are upset that he spoiled Shinsuke's debut.

Thread title spoils that Nakamura debuted on Smackdown. People forget that while Smackdown is a live show, not everyone watches it live.
Well fuck them, yet they want all of that bs Donald trump shit in the ot. C u next Tuesday fuckers but that Bruce guy, fuck him. It's fake, once it has been aired on tv, anything is fair game. So he can kiss my ass.

Blue, showing up. I got your back on this.

Mojo is a old ass frat boy, so worse then a young dude being a ass.

Nah, he's more of an obnoxious football player. You want a frat boy look no further than Roderick Strong.
Yep Mojo sucks and there's no way he comes back from that. He's complete trash and I'm glad we waived that dick head.

Strong is Dean Malenko Jr. He needs to smile less and just plain face the entire time.

It didn't say he lost then retired. Or that he retired to close the show. If it had, that'd be a spoiler

jmdajr

WWE and NFL I watch Live because otherwise spoilers are impossible. And NFL wise watching a DVR game is stupid. Maybe if my team won. Maybe.

I had never watched GoT and caught up with it recently. All 6 seasons in like 3 weeks.
I didn't know anything except lots of people die and the red wedding was fucked up. I guess I avoided spoilers for so long because I didn't care and didn't watch.

Sephzilla

If someone posted a Game of Thrones spoiler right in the thread title a day after it happened the person would probably be juniored and the thread nuked.

Mojo is so god damn awful.
Il always be a Mojo fan (unless he does something unspeakable). My brother and I watched a random episode of Breaking Ground at one point, it was an (the?) episode that focused on Mojo. He wore a Terps backpack and my brother and I are fans of UMD so we were like "thats cool." That was before I became a wrestling fan, I became a fan after watching Roadblock last year (Dean v Triple H). After mania weekend last year, I contacted my brother saying that Nakamura was amazing and he replied to me by sending me 3 pictures. The pictures were of him with Samoa Joe, him with Nakamura and him with Mojo. I freaked out and asked him how he managed that. Apparently, sometime earlier that year, my brother spotted Mojo in the hotel he was staying in and just said "Hey Mojo, go Terps" and just with that Mojo invited my brother to go party with him. I was/still am incredibly jealous of all that.

Sephzilla

Game of Thrones and wrestling ain't the same. At all.

They're both scripted television shows that have storylines and SWERVES. The only difference is that WWE airs their episodes live instead of recorded. Both even have a Roman Reigns equivalent character that fans are sick of!

imBask

Banned
i'm guessing I don't care because I actually think WWE storylines aren't worth watching so i'd rather get spoiled and watch that part

Zach

It really is amazing how some people can't accept that my man Jimmy Sterling thinks some games are bad. It's dishonest or motivated by money or scientifically inaccurate or whatever. Those poor wieners.

Il always be a Mojo fan (unless he does something unspeakable). My brother and I watched a random episode of Breaking Ground at one point, it was an (the?) episode that focused on Mojo. He wore a Terps backpack and my brother and I are fans of UMD so we were like "thats cool." That was before I became a wrestling fan, I became a fan after watching Roadblock last year (Dean v Triple H). After mania weekend last year, I contacted my brother saying that Nakamura was amazing and he replied to me by sending me 3 pictures. The pictures were of him with Samoa Joe, him with Nakamura and him with Mojo. I freaked out and asked him how he managed that. Apparently, sometime earlier that year, my brother spotted Mojo in the hotel he was staying in and just said "Hey Mojo, go Terps" and just with that Mojo invited my brother to go party with him. I was/still am incredibly jealous of all that.

I have no doubt that Mojo is a good guy and really lives that gimmick of having fun. I just can't stand him when it comes to wrestling and story

jmdajr

But WWE is Sports Entertainment.

Hey I don't make up these rules.

If anything I'd be/am upset at outcomes BEFORE they even happen. And unfortunately it occurs all the time.

So Really, I just watched HHH's match against Eugene at Summerlam 04. I didn't even know this happened.

But the next match after it ended, Divas contestants vs Woman's roster in a dodgeball match. Michele McCool wrecking people.

3oEdv6iBUjD1QcYAuc.gif
The best part of the dodgeball match is how backstage wrestlers were mad as hell that they lost in a shoot game of dodgeball and they even got taken to wrestlers court over it.

Sephzilla

It really is amazing how some people can't accept that my man Jimmy Sterling thinks some games are bad. It's dishonest or motivated by money or scientifically inaccurate or whatever. Those poor wieners.

As someone who's followed Sterling since his early Destructoid days, he actually does have his moments where he gets very clickbaity and does stuff simply to russle jimmies and get clicks. I actually believe him when he thinks Zelda isn't that great, but the stuff he did immediately afterwards when talking about Zelda and its fans felt like he was just trying to troll for hits.

Zach

As someone who's followed Sterling since his early Destructoid days, he actually does have his moments where he gets very clickbaity and does stuff simply to russle jimmies and get clicks. I actually believe him when he thinks Zelda isn't that great, but the stuff he did immediately afterwards when talking about Zelda and its fans felt like he was just trying to troll for hits.

Didn't I see that he makes moneyz exclusively via Patreon now, though? Aren't clicks irrelevant?

Top Bottom