• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

April Wrasslin |OT| D.Brine collects his P45

DKehoe

The front page pic on the Observer site just now

lesnarlosing.jpg

WOW THAT SURE LOOKS LIKE A GUY WHO DOMINATED BORK LASER AND DOESN'T NEED TO EVER FACE HIM AGAIN.

Wow, what a pay-off that story's going to have! Cena, overcoming the odds, to beat the guy he already beat, but this time; decisively!

Regardless of whether you or I or anyone thinks Cena beating Brock last night was or wasn't a good idea, Brock staggering off post-match without snapping on Cena, while Cena did his best to shrug off the beating he just took, and that god-awful promo to close the show, that was an awful way to handle things.

Brock should have recovered after the AA, realised he lost because of his arrogance and over-confidence, then snapped and demolished Cena, putting him on the shelf for a few months. Cena wins, Brock looks strong during AND after the match, and Cena has a REAL reason to want REVENGE when he returns.

Brock should have recovered after the AA, realised he lost because of his arrogance and over-confidence, then snap and demolish Cena, putting him on the shelf for a few months. Cena wins, Brock looks strong during AND after the match, and Cena has a REAL reason to want REVENGE when he returns.
I'm pretty sure Cena is going on the shelf tonight, the only question is whether it's a result of the beating yesterday, or a beating he'll take on RAW tonight. Now; the chance of them fucking up the storyline is admittedly LARGER with the events of yesterday, but they can still make a good storyline as long as they follow through with what the website was reporting, that Cena is seriously hurt and that Cena will be gone for months, not weeks. That's the key part.

sajj316

Wow, what a pay-off that story's going to have! Cena, overcoming the odds, to beat the guy he already beat, but this time; decisively!

Regardless of whether you or I or anyone thinks Cena beating Brock last night was or wasn't a good idea, Brock staggering off post-match without snapping on Cena, while Cena did his best to shrug off the beating he just took, and that god-awful promo to close the show, that was an awful way to handle things.

Brock should have recovered after the AA, realised he lost because of his arrogance and over-confidence, then snapped and demolished Cena, putting him on the shelf for a few months. Cena wins, Brock looks strong during AND after the match, and Cena has a REAL reason to want REVENGE when he returns.

100% agree with this. I didn't have a problem with Cena winning but Brock could have come off MUCH stronger in defeat.

Hulk Hogan did a new interview talking TNA with the New York Post http://www.nypost.com/p/entertainment/tv/hogan_set_to_lead_tna_wrestling_Do3zzGXcFS2hjXUVV742zK/0

"Despite his past successes, Hogan’s next move appears to be his biggest gamble.
“We are going to give more power to the fans, make them more involved and more important,” Hogan said. “I can’t say much more, but I can say this, I’m either going to be really right on this one or really wrong. If I’m wrong, you probably won’t see me again because I’ll be hightailing it out of here.”

He also says John Morrison has contacted the company about a job lol
Have to give Hogan a little credit here. He is saying all the right things and they have in fact attempted to build new stars in Bobby Roode, James Storm and others. I thought Hogan would be using Angle, Hardy and Sting way too much but to his credit he hasnt. They have done a decent job in a lot of ways but the mistakes they make are massive. Too much Hogan, Bischoff and Garrett. That being said TNA has done a lot more good than people give credit for.

Do you think HHH will lay Brock out with the Pedigree tonight or will they hold it off for the "Over The Limit" go-home show?

HHH will come out to the ring with Laurinitis and say the board of directors aren't giving into Lesnar's demands. Lesnar walks out and starts bitching about how he's going to quit or walk and HHH will pedigree him or Lesnar will F5 HHH. Pedigree tonight sounds like the way to go if I'm thinking WWE style.

sajj316

HHH will come out to the ring with Laurinitis and say the board of directors aren't giving into Lesnar's demands. Lesnar walks out and starts bitching about how he's going to quit or walk and HHH will pedigree him or Lesnar will F5 HHH. Pedigree tonight sounds like the way to go if I'm thinking WWE style.

If that means Lesnar going over HHH, I'm fine with that.

I'm pretty sure Cena is going on the shelf tonight, the only question is whether it's a result of the beating yesterday, or a beating he'll take on RAW tonight. Now; the chance of them fucking up the storyline is admittedly LARGER with the events of yesterday, but they can still make a good storyline as long as they follow through with what the website was reporting, that Cena is seriously hurt and that Cena will be gone for months, not weeks. That's the key part.

Oh definitely, I agree this situation is entirely salvageable and I'm interested to see where they go with Cena tonight, but it boggles my mind that they actually thought anyone would want to see Cena cut a promo like that to close the show. He should have sold that beating like Undertaker at WM27.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Oh definitely, I agree this situation is entirely salvageable and I'm interested to see where they go with Cena tonight, but it boggles my mind that they actually thought anyone would want to see Cena cut a promo like that to close the show. He should have sold that beating like Undertaker at WM27.

I'll agree with you there. The ending promo was...ehhghhhh. They should have done that after the cameras were off.

tm24

I go my copy of PWG's World Finest today. This is the card

1. "Pretty" Peter Avalon vs. "Mr. Wrestling" Kevin Steen
2. Ray Rosas vs. Brian Cage-Taylor
3. Candice LeRae vs. Joey Ryan
4. TJ Perkins vs. Scorpio Sky
5. RockNES Monsters (Johnny Goodtime & Johnny Yuma) vs. Super Smash Bros. (Player Uno & Stupefied) vs. The Young Bucks (Matt & Nick Jackson)
6. Alex Koslov vs. Kyle O'Reilly
7. Willie Mack vs. Roderick Strong
8. El Generico (Champion) vs. Eddie Edwards vs. Kevin Steen

So someone tonight will be enjoying wrestling!

New Japan goodness, featuring a number of awesome tag matches - namely, IWGP Jr. Heavyweight Champion Prince Devitt, his tag team partner Ryusuke Taguchi, the legendary Jushin 'Thunder' Liger and Tiger Mask IV take on no. 1 contender for the Jr. Heavyweight Title, Low Ki, the Complete Players Jado & Gedo and one half of the IWGP Jr. Heavyweight Tag Team Champions, Rocky Romero. Then, in the main event, Hiroshi Tanahashi, Hirooki Goto, Tetsuya Naito & Karl Anderson take on the team of Kazuchika Okada, Shinsuke Nakamura, Masato Tanaka & Yujiro Takahashi;

NJPW, "NEW JAPAN BRAVE 2012", 21.04.2012
Osaka Prefectural Gymnasium #2
1,610 Fans - Super No Vacancy Full House

http://www.dailymotion.com/playlist/x21oo5

01. Tama Tonga vs Hiromu Takahashi

02. Strong Man & Captain New Japan vs Tomohiro Ishii & YOSHI-HASHI

03. Prince Devitt, Ryusuke Taguchi, Jushin 'Thunder' Liger & Tiger Mask vs Low Ki, Jado, Gedo & Rocky Romero

04. Togi Makabe, Wataru Inoue & KUSHIDA vs Minoru Suzuki, TAKA Michinoku & Taichi

05. Hiroyoshi Tenzan vs Takashi Iizuka

06. Satoshi Kojima vs Toru Yano

07. Hiroshi Tanahashi, Hirooki Goto, Tetsuya Naito & Karl Anderson vs Kazuchika Okada, Shinsuke Nakamura, Masato Tanaka & Yujiro Takahashi

tm24 said:
So someone tonight will be enjoying wrestling!

I just got my copy today too, watched up to the 3-way tag match so far. Really enjoyed Steen vs Avalon and was pretty impressed by that Ray Rosas guy.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
I want May's thread to be dedicated to the Miz. He is going through some rough times and tough loving. He needs the moral support from the entire WWE universe.

Kyoufu

It sorta angers me that he never gets a constant push. He shows up, is pushed, and then he's pulled off TV for months. Vince needs to give him a chance.

How many days did he hold the title for at one point? He needs to do that again. We all want to see him as champ for a year or two.

Some CHIKARA matches announced over the past weekend for their upcoming shows;

"Aniversario: A Horse of Another Color" - Saturday, May 19th

ibc1oBWVMhDr6l.jpg

"Aniversario: The Ogg and I" - Sunday, May 20th

iMzyxp1OETGGy.jpg

ibbZGxx7fdH7St.jpg

"Chikarasaurus Rex: How to Hatch a Dinosaur" - Live on iPPV, Saturday, June 2nd

iBUuRj1s2gsMz.jpg

Also, on twitter CHIKARA announced that a tag team from ROH will compete on the Chikarasaurus Rex iPPV on June 2nd!

Oh man, so glad they re-scheduled Satomura vs Del Rey after Satomura couldn't make it to JoshiMania, that match should be amazing. Also, Dasher vs Colt should be a ton of fun, and really interested to see where they take this UMB vs Ophidian story-line.

*edit, this was amazing;

ibkOWvjBgHO2eG.gif

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Let's cast our lot now. Tonight:

HHH and Lesnar.

Does Lesnar get the King of Kings' Pedigree?
or
Does the Snobby Aristocrat receive an F5?

If WWE is smart, F5...If WWE is petty, Pedigree...which is the WWE going to do...

Fuck it! I'm putting my faith in Trips getting F5ed! You?

Kccitystar

Let's cast our lot now. Tonight:

HHH and Lesnar.

Does Lesnar get the King of Kings' Pedigree?
or
Does the Snobby Aristocrat receive an F5?

If WWE is smart, F5...If WWE is petty, Pedigree...which is the WWE going to do...

Fuck it! I'm putting my faith in Trips getting F5ed! You?

ibpt6qAGmk3WR3.gif

Top Bottom