• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Aquaman and the Lost Kingdom Trailer

Days like these...

Have a Blessed Day
CGI looked really bad. Hadn't seen anything that bad in years. Didnt like his costume either. Might watch. 1st one was fun this doesn't look as good.

SJRB

Gold Member
Actually looks decent? Dumb, lighthearted adventure movie.

His yelp when he jumped against the statue actually made me chuckle, lol. So random.

Yerd

There is so(too) much CGI, I don't think they should make this with any live action at all.

It's the main reason I didn't like aquaman 1 movie. It's basically a cartoon I'm watching. I just couldn't get into it. This looks like the same thing.

I like the actor and the character fine, I just really don't like all CGI movies, unless it's full CGI. It's too obviously CGI with live actors trying to act like they aren't in CGI. It's not good.

kruis

Exposing the sinister cartel of retailers who allow companies to pay for advertising space.
bored homer simpson GIF

Darkmakaimura

Can You Imagine What SureAI Is Going To Do With Garfield?
I don't know how people aren't getting sick of this stuff. It's also outdated and old and tired. I find movies like this to just be really boring nowadays.

I guess the kids like it. Maybe some of the soy drinking types too.

midnightAI

huh, I actually thought it looks decent, I don't need to watch the film though because they showed us the whole film in trailer form again (any big films I want to watch now I dont watch the trailer, they seem to want to spoil everything for some reason, games are getting like that also but people want to see the more impressive bits in games which in turn spoils the wonder of those scenes)

jason10mm

Gold Member
It's odd that the most sci-fi space opera film we get is actually...under da sea. This film is already retreading the bad guy with Black Manta, they brought back the OTHER bad guy with Patrick Wilson. Looks like Affleck is Bats, so hopefully we will at least get some cool Batsub action and they had DAMNED BETTER have some "shark repellant" :p

Spyxos

Gold Member

Having failed to defeat Aquaman the first time, Black Manta, still driven by the need to avenge his father’s death, will stop at nothing to take Aquaman down once and for all. This time Black Manta is more formidable than ever before, wielding the power of the mythic Black Trident, which unleashes an ancient and malevolent force. To defeat him, Aquaman will turn to his imprisoned brother Orm, the former King of Atlantis, to forge an unlikely alliance. Together, they must set aside their differences in order to protect their kingdom and save Aquaman’s family, and the world, from irreversible destruction.

ADiTAR

ידע זה כוח
How is it a teaser? the movie comes out in a month. Looks all over the place just like the first one which didn't make any sense to me. I remember thinking where the hell this sea turtle war came from? nothing about it was mentioned thru the movie and all of a sudden there was a war spectacle.

Also the trailer music and editing is just so boring, it's time for some fresh music instead of the same generic sounds and boom boom. I also don't get why they don't create a theme for each superhero, at least WonderWoman sorta got one.

FunkMiller

Box office tracking experts around the internet seem to suggest this is going to be another sub 50 million opening weekend bomb from the long range.

Couldn't be happier.

Both Disney/Marvel and WB/DC deserve the hardest punishment for all the lazy, greedy shit they've served up in recent years.

Last edited:

trikster40

CGI looked really bad. Hadn't seen anything that bad in years. Didnt like his costume either. Might watch. 1st one was fun this doesn't look as good.
You must not have seen the Flash. Watch that, this CGI looks like it was crafted by the CGI gods compared to that. I mean, Flash is college class “Into to CGI 101” bad.

jason10mm

Gold Member
I'm seeing this because I actually like all the DCU movies, WW84 excepted. But same damn bad guys AGAIN? Sigh.

I just hope Amber Heard looks hot :p

I can't believe what I'm about to say... but GODDAMN this movie was probably one of the most fun experiences I've had at the movies all year.

Just got out of the IMAX premier, and this was such a blast. Proper IMAX too, filled up the whole screen for the entire movie.

It was exactly what I wanted, basically more of what I loved about the first. It's a big, bold, fun and crazy adventure, with Jason Mamoa and Patrick Wilson as the stars of the show. Their chemistry works so well in this.

The visuals, although not perfect, are great and colorful (nothing that bothered me like... ALL of The Flash), it leans heavily into the cheesiness of the comics, most of the humor lands well, and it even had some small emotional moments as well.

Yes Amber Heard is in it for a bit, get over it, she's fine and not in it much. A few scenes at the start and some dope fights at the end. Those water powers of Mera are so cool.

James Wan shows off his greatness as a director once again, with big, crazy shots, fun camera movements, and some awesome fight scenes. I was never bored and nothing pissed me off, not once.

I'm really happy to say that the DCEU went out with a fucking banger.

9/10

PS: What kind of drugs are the critics on? I can't believe the reviews for this are so negative. Wtf.

Last edited:

jason10mm

Gold Member
Taking the boy to see it this week (he was too young for the first Aquaman, gotta watch that first) but glad to hear it is at least fun. He has enjoyed all the recent DC films so that target audience at least is on board.

_Justinian_

I'm going to see this movie in a couple hours as of the time of this post. I'm expecting it to be terrible in an entertaining way, just like the first one. Looking forward to it!

Seriously, The Flash was such a garbage, nightmare-CGI fest of a film, and that sits at 63% on Rottentomatoes. Wonder Woman 1984 was offensively boring, and that sits at 58%.

It blows my mind that this is getting trashed so much.

Last edited:
Top Bottom