• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Arc The Lad Goes Online

http://ps2.ign.com/articles/533/533747p1.html

"Generations" sequel to feature full Online play.

July 27, 2004 - Reports out of Japan indicate that the previously announced Arc the Lad Generations is a fully Online game. Apparently, the game will support Online play for up to eight players, with cooperative play and four versus four competitive play.

Announced in late June, Generations places players in the role of Ed, who hopes to be a hunter. Aside from this, few details on the title have been revealed. SCE is preparing the game for a Japanese release on 11/4.

Today's report suggests that Generations is the Arc the Lad Online game Sony Computer Entertainment announced last year, meaning we'll have to do a little database shuffling, but you'll have one less game to buy.

Alex

The first Arc the Lad was great? You could've fooled me, it's placed high on my list of broken, inept games.

I'm sure Mox remembers how fun it was sticking your entire party in a corner and skipping all their turns while Arc lays waste to everything.

belgurdo

Banned
Alex said:
The first Arc the Lad was great? You could've fooled me, it's placed high on my list of broken, inept games.

I'm sure Mox remembers how fun it was sticking your entire party in a corner and skipping all their turns while Arc lays waste to everything.

Or how you could clear 20 floor dungeons in Arc 2 using only Shu, Tosh, and a healer

Man, this series was broken...

djtiesto

is beloved, despite what anyone might say
I absolutely loved 2, it's one of my favorite games ever... I'm getting sick of single player games all going online, I prefer to be antisocial when I play games, not have to deal with a bunch of 10 year olds screaming obscenities (like I hear what happens a lot on the Xbox LIVE service)

Soul4ger

Arc the Lad Online was announced a LONG time ago, next to Twilight of the Spirits if you'll remeber so kindly. I was wondering what happened to it.

Prospero

My God, I loved Arc the Lad 2. 1 was a nice appetizer for 2, and 3 I could have done without, but 2--mmm. Exploitable, sure, but that game was made with love.

As for Arc online--meh.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
"Meh" is right, Generations was looking kinda lame if you ask me. But I'll wait for more info about the battle system before I totally look the other way. I might be the only person that thinks Twilight of the Spirit was a step in the right direction, it just needed some difficulty tweaking and serious depth. I enjoyed the battle system, but everything seemed so easy and there wasn't much side stuff to hold my interest.

Killbin

Banned
I love the Arc the Lad franchise. Part I and II were awesome. One of the greatest RPGs ever. Arc the Lad III was average. Twilight of the Spirits was great. Generations looks cool imo. Online play? Thank you, SCE. Damn, I'm so happy. Let's rock!

MoxManiac

Yeah, Arc was practically a superhero in the first game. I think they only reason I even finished the first one was because it was so short.

Did WD even play these games before they decided to spend all that time translating them? :p

belgurdo

Banned
MoxManiac said:
Did WD even play these games before they decided to spend all that time translating them? :p

If they had they would have made the last boss unbeatable and casting spells would have used up 50% of your HP

Shouta

You gotta exploit to beat the last boss. I managed to finally but it took me ages.

On that note, hopefully Generations turns out well. I liked TotS but it could've used a lot more work in the battle system and some minor work in the story.

And Arc 3 ownz. Cheryl and Lutz > j00 all

Top Bottom