• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Arcana Heart 3: LOVE MAX!!!!! |OT| air-dashing waifus

baekshi

Banned
ibiQBGOJs6WMDM.png

Title: Arcana Heart 3: LOVE MAX!!!!!
Genre: 2D Fighting
Platform: PlayStation®Vita / PS3
Release Date: September 23, 2014
Publisher: Aksys Games
Developer: EXAMU Inc. / ARC SYSTEM WORKS CO.,LTD.

ibw8BpHtkeD83i.png

From veteran fighting game companies Aksys Games and Arc System Works comes Arcana Heart 3: LOVE MAX!!!!!

Why Arcana Heart 3: LOVE MAX!!!!! ? – It allows players to change the very stats of their character by choosing different arcana to complement their feisty angel. Each arcana bestows special attacks, abilities and more, meaning that players will not only get to learn how new arcana affect their characters, but each opponent is nearly unpredictable!

Loads of Fun Modes!!!!! – Whether you need a break from all of the fighting or want to duke it out against your friends, Arcana Heart 3: LOVE MAX!!!!! features modes that are fun for everyone! Arc System Works has implemented its famed netcode into the game, allowing players near lagless battles!

Voluminous Story Content!!!!! – Each fighter not only knows how to pack a punch, but they each have a story that goes along with their air-dashing ways. Follow the angels through a massive amount of hidden scenarios (over 300!) that depict the (mostly) pleasant daily lives of our delightful heroines.

Arcana Heart 3: LOVE MAX!!!!! features two cover sheets! The US exclusive cover features three of our lovely angels in full fighting poses – ready to kick some ass . Flip it over and you get these cute, spunky girls in full-on cheerleader attire!

i1Frzk3n6rZY4.png

iT8TDwhcy0oqW.png
ibddshv3M2RGvf.png
iBfplh9DevfsL.png
irWaEVEc0niR7.png
ibxb4Yvh4dHaS0.png
iwIuQesUmEgQf.png
ibsFv3W6G442wH.png

ippZadiOhrBhY.png
iH0aP8ggALuqg.png
ifdl9ho7dGilc.png
i2BRC7tQcKU0j.png
ibhCtGC6X9VbLZ.png
it6lqRZ3CW2wJ.png
ikqxiEnHgdCdz.png

ihYZ9p9DW2W53.png
ii5rbfNBzpeT5.png
ibk0xWwkj8nINn.png
ibvoBLX0zSwaNM.png
iDLvFAF4ZpFey.png
i4gH5li4494gy.png
ibzt9SoME4FyDS.png

isXBEtbiQel1B.png
ibfGRIXAIi0GKk.png

iK8gK5GaYZftz.png

ikBUM5sj17kuL.png

ib1Xar4M9KdqMZ.png

*quote to add and see spreedsheet*

xero273

now negator has somewhere to post...

heard JP/Asian version can't play with NA people. I hope it's only because of the patch difference :(

Verelios

Double dipping on Vita. I have no idea why it's fighting game mecca this fall though.

GG, Persona Arena, this and the night game. Doesn't help that I need them all!

Please don't destroy me online Arcana GAF.

Still waiting on this in Euroland (NISA are publishing it here). Not fully convinced there's enough new content to justify picking it up when I have the original, but I kinda want to support it anyway. Hmm.

baekshi

Banned
Man, I was gonna wait on this but now that I see it's less than $30 with PS+ it's a no brainer.

Gonna hit up training mode hard tonight and tomorrow. I've only played AH3 once so I've got lots to learn. Any recommendations on good starting characters and arcanas?

Superflat

Will be playing this sooner or later.

Would be easier if these fighting games were coming over to current gen though :T

Superflat

Vita is a current gen fyi

I play with a stick tho, dpad is bad for my thumb and analog stick just feels wrong :[

It'll be a while till I can buy a new PS3 (fried a few months ago). I would be building a big stack of fighting games this year otherwise!

OmegaDL50

So this is an entirely new game? It's not an update to the existing Arcana Heart 3 already on PS3?

I'll read the change list linked above and see if it's significant enough to consider upgrading to. I didn't have many people to play AH3 against to begin with. Despite it being a solid fighting game with lots of depth with the Arcana system, it seems a lot of people are turned away from the game's aesthetic.

I hope people buy this! I had a ton of fun with AH3, despite feeling slightly grossed out by the character designs. The fighting is fast and frenetic, and there's a ton of depth going on with the arcana system.

I'm currently waiting for my preordered Vita version to ship to me in the EU. If I get sucked in again like with original AH3 I'll probably double-dip for PS3 too!

J

Jotamide

Unconfirmed Member
With P4AU in the horizon, this was sent out to die.

kunonabi

sucks about the netplay but I'm still picking in a little bit. Really looking forward to getting back into the series after falling off with 2.

PAULINK

I microwave steaks.
Gamestop didn't have this yesterday, but the copies are apparently on route. Guess I will pick it up when Hyrule warrirors comes out on friday.

Kandrick

GAF's Ed McMahon
Well this no cross region play sucks, i skipped the JP release and was thinking about getting this version. Almost pulled the trigger yesterday but went to bed instead. Time to spend my money on something else.

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
Imported this for Vita during the summer and was going to buy the U.S. PS3 version, but with online region-locked, forget it. The game was already not very populated online and them splitting it further means it's deader than dead, especially with the U.S. P4 Arena Ultimax out next week. Oh well, saved myself some cash.

Also a warning to Vita players- the load times are pretty bad. Would recommend getting it on console.

Lyte Edge

Uh 30 seconds? since when? It's like 12~ seconds for me.

Since I imported the Japanese version several months ago. :p

Do you have any video of the load times? Would totally buy it again if load times were improved.

Can anyone else confirm this?

antibolo

Banned
So I guess I should cancel all my pre-orders for future Arc System Works games now, because there's nothing preventing them from pulling the exact same shit as they did here.

Good job further ruining the already small chances your games have of being successful outside of Japan, ASW.

kunonabi

Since I imported the Japanese version several months ago. :p

Do you have any video of the load times? Would totally buy it again if load times were improved.

Can anyone else confirm this?

load times aren't 30 seconds, not even close on my copy. I have to say the story mode is dissapointing. I thought it would be close to full-on visual novel with fights like the old Rival Schools games but it's really just a slightly wordy arcade mode for the most part.

antibolo

Banned
Lyte Edge, do you have the game as retail or as digital?

Maybe the sluggish loading performance is related to that.

Ventara

So guys, what kind of fighter is this? Will I be able to button-mash/spam-the-same-moves to victory? I suck real bad at those technical fighting games, which takes the fun out of them for me since I always lose, which is why I wanna know.

Lyte Edge

I have a retail copy. Are you guys all digital?

Also to note I saw a review mentioning long Vita load times, but he didn't say how long.

I'm going to check my copy for a patch.

baekshi

Banned
I have a retail copy. Are you guys all digital?

Also to note I saw a review mentioning long Vita load times, but he didn't say how long.

I'm going to check my copy for a patch.

I have a retail version and no where near 30 seconds. I'd say it's even less than 12 seconds.

edit: I'll see what I get when I time it.

Lyte Edge

Just timed it. From right when the screen goes black after you select a stage in training, it took 30 seconds before I could play. So this counts the match up screens if you guys are not.

The news about the online being region locked turned me off a bit, but I think I'm gonna go ahead and order this anyway. Splitting time between this, DOA, and P4AU is going to be pretty difficult though.

baekshi

Banned
Just timed it. From right when the screen goes black after you select a stage in training, it took 30 seconds before I could play. So this counts the match up screens if you guys are not.
just tested it too.
you're right, if you include match up screen it goes to 29 seconds but other loading are pretty fast.

Top Bottom