• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Are any of the Sword Art Online games good?

I keep seeing stuff for the new game Fractured Daydream, and I’ve seen many other Sword Art games in the PlayStation Store over the years but never given any of them a shot, because ya, some of them look really rough in the screen shots.

Say what you will about the anime (and my tastes lol) but I really enjoyed season 1 and 2 of Sword Art back in the day, it’s been over 10 years! I just remember the series getting so much hate, likely because it was popular but I never cared, enjoyed the hell out of it. Never played any of the games though.

So ya, are any of the game good at all? They go on sale regularly, and the newest one actually looks nice, graphically at least.

If you’re okay with a really fun B game third person shooter with fun builds and customization, Fatal Bullet is the game to grab out of all of them.

37DaidZOFeUndVsjmpwDhKDfz8LKTJOh.png

Just understand that the story is not the star of this game.

Last edited:

llLeonhart

Well I played I think the oldest one available on `PS4, and for what its worth, it felt very unique. It had a lot of different systems and other things going on. Might worth a try for cheap.

Yea I enjoyed all of the SAO anime except for the last arc in that weird world they built. It was just really boring at that point but the ending was interesting. The games are on PS+ now and I've thought about trying them but like you said they just look rough.

Yea I enjoyed all of the SAO anime except for the last arc in that weird world they built. It was just really boring at that point but the ending was interesting. The games are on PS+ now and I've thought about trying them but like you said they just look rough.

Oh I didn’t know they were available with Plus, maybe that’s the move when I have to resub next time, I’ll get plus and could try them out “risk free” lol

Edit
Punished Miku Punished Miku
Nice lol, good one hahahaahahh

Last edited:

JimboJones

If you’re okay with a really fun B game third person shooter with fun builds and customization, Fatal Bullet is the game to grab out of all of them.

37DaidZOFeUndVsjmpwDhKDfz8LKTJOh.png

Just understand that the story is not the star of this game.
This is the only game I have bought in the series and thought it was pretty bad.

nikos

Fractured Daydream is supposed to be good. The playtest was definitely fun and the PC port actually seemed good, with ultrawide support. Want to pick it up but there's a lot to play at the moment.

GHound

Series peaked at Hollow Realization. Fatal Bullet was shallow by comparison and Aquria attempting to streamline Alicization Lycoris because of the people that it brought into the games did not work in its favor, nor did the technical issues. Lost Song (and by extension the Accel World crossover game that's pretty much identical mechanically) would be the weakest of the bunch if not for the fact that Fractured Daydream is a content light, asset reusing, multiplayer focused with microtransactions and day 1 paid DLC (with one of the characters even showing up in in-game menus already just locked) $60 game.

By the way I bought all but one of these games at release. :messenger_smirking:

Last edited:

wipeout364

I always thought these games were decent but very dependent on being a fan of the anime. I say this as someone who hasn’t played them but reception has always been ok to good.

Looking on open critic they all seem to score in the high 60’s. I would say avoid them unless you are a big fan on Sword art online.

Top Bottom