• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Are you a based Linux gamer?

Are you a based Linux gamer?

• Yes, Debian-based

Votes: 12 28.6%
  • Yes, RPM-based

Votes: 1 2.4%
  • Yes, Arch-based

Votes: 3 7.1%
  • Yes, Slackware

Votes: 1 2.4%
  • Yes, other

Votes: 4 9.5%
  • No, because I'm extremely cringe

Votes: 21 50.0%

• Total voters

The Fartist

Gold Member
Been using Fedora and Debian for about a year and a half now. It's really hard to go back to Win and MacOS, I still have Win partition for gaming, haven't committed to Linux gaming, yet. Still have MacOS on M1 MacBook Air for when I need the extra battery life, but even that's dual booted with Asahi Fedora. My '15 MBP and Air are Fedroa and Debian dual-boot only.

Soodanim

I have a question for all the based people.

Did a primary drive wipe, chopped it in 2, and set up a dual boot for my first Linux install. Problem is, it's only a 256GB drive. If I install Elden Ring in the Linux partition it won't leave much space at all.

My Game storage drive is 2TB. Is it feasible for me to have a Linux folder within that drive for Steam to work out of? Mint already ready reads it just fine, but I don't know what the possible implications are, and I know Windows can get a bit arsey if another OS touches anything it also touches.

Dirk Benedict

Gold Member
Yeah, I use a Steam Deck sometimes and once, I booted Ubuntu on old PC.

Hackerman GIF by warrify
Damn. And here I thought pushing down on the toaster was elite.

Sleepwalker

I just installed Linux for the first time ever in my life. I have a laptop that has been giving me issues for over a year (ryzen 5800h + rtx3060). Drivers were all fucked up, it didn't have sound at all no matter how much I troubleshot it (not even through BT, HDMI or headphone jack). It also had problems switching between integrated gpu and the 3060. I did a fresh window install twice but different issues kept popping up every time.

Long story short I installed bazzite + KDE on it, gave it half the ssd just in case and kept my fucked up windows install just in case. Took me a few hours to get the hang of it.

Upon first boot the speakers worked right away and no weird black screen gpu issues. Drivers all work out of the box.

Installed proton GE and will test some games tomorrow but so far very happy. I was ready to consider the laptop e-waste. At the very least now it can surf the web and play media content.

JCK75

I use WIndows on my Desktop and most likely always will, SteamOS however is my on the go choice and seemingly always will be.

Top Bottom