• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Area 51 screens

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
562075_20040728_screen001.jpg

562075_20040728_screen002.jpg

562075_20040728_screen003.jpg

562075_20040728_screen004.jpg

562075_20040728_screen005.jpg

562075_20040728_screen006.jpg

562075_20040728_screen007.jpg

562075_20040728_screen008.jpg

562075_20040728_screen009.jpg

Ristamar

Regardless of how it turns out, I'm going to have a hard time not initially loathing it based on connotations from the suckitude of the original Area 51 coin-op.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
Either I'm not a graphics whore or I like ugly games, but I thought the screenshots look great

MaddenNFL64

Ristamar said:
Regardless of how it turns out, I'm going to have a hard time not initially loathing it based on connotations from the suckitude of the original Area 51 coin-op.

Yeah, it was shittastic, but I do remember putting quite a bit of money into it one time.

:\

Ghost

Chili Con Carnage!
Check the movies on gamespot, in motion it looks like its the psi-ops engine...doesnt look half as good as the trailer made me believe though..

Alwell at least midway have a couple of Unreal games to make them money next year.

Matlock said:
It has a similar quality to the lighting, heh.

I cant tell if that's sarcasm or not :p

The game looks good. For a minute I thought it was Halo 2 until I saw the guy was playing it using a dual shock. This easily will be the PS2's owners best way to get a taste of Halo 2.

Too bad it wont get nearly as much recognition though.

Ghost

Chili Con Carnage!
Ok ive watched all the movies at gamespot and read the preview, this caught my eye..

At some point in the game, you'll also be able to mutate at will into a couple of different forms. One form will give you very powerful melee attacks. Another will give you parasitic projectiles that you can use to restore your health. Staying in your mutated forms requires you to have mutagen, which can be picked up from dead mutants, among other places. The idea behind the game's design is to force you to make use of all of the powers and items at your disposal. So some areas will be tackled more easily in human form, using conventional weaponry, while others will be focused more on mutation.

woo gimmicks ahoy..heh, no seriously depending on how thats implemented graphically, that could be a cool feature.

I hope there are some smarter enemies as you go through the game though because everything in the E3 vids just ran straight at the player (even the things that had guns)

atomsk

Party Pooper
Marilyn Manson to Provide Voice Talent in Upcoming Action Game

Manson will appear in the soon-to-be-released AREA 51 by Midway Games Inc.
Area 51 is one of the last of Midway's arcade franchises (from back in the day) to be given a makeover for present-day consoles. Marilyn Manson delivers an unforgettable performance as Edgar, the gray alien.
Featuring the voice talent of David Duchovny, Powers Boothe, and Marilyn Manson, Midway’s AREA 51 will be available in Q1 2005 for the PlayStation®2 computer entertainment system and the Xbox® video game system from Microsoft

haha. i may rent this

Datawhore

on the 15th floor
I agree, the monster designs look like shit, but the game actually controls really well. It borrows much from the Halo Controls School of Gaming and is nicely forgiving.

At E3, I played Killzone and then Area 51 in sequence, and Area 51 put Killzone to shame in terms of play response. Sad, but true.

I like the way Killzone plays. It's pacing more slow and deliberate than your average FPS so I can see how alot of people wouldn't like it.

Didn't play Area 51 but it seems like a decent Halo clone.

Top Bottom