• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

ARMS |OT| (’-‘)-------------

Dipship31

Same. I just don't want to double dip if it doesn't arrive before the US eShop has it up.

If mine doesn't arrive before it launches I'll try to cancel my Amazon order. I just have to wake up real early in the morning so I didn't want to wait for the midnight launch, but wanted to play tonight!

jdstorm

Banned
Oh, and I'm really surprised by the multiplayer. This is flawless so far (online), even with 3-4 players.

edit: Which characters are the "beginner" characters?

During the Arms tournament it was mentioned that Ribon Girl was a beginner friendly character. I would also say that Springman and Ninjara both easily fit that description. Min Min and Twintwlle are both also relitively simple to quickly get a hang of.

Chucker

I've tried so hard to surprise my 6 year old with this. I ordered off Amazon.co.jp, entered the code through the website while working my night job, texting my wife telling her to have my daughter load up the switch just to see what's new, and I think my wife is withholding.

Bummer.

fernoca

Holy shit Nintendo actually put this up on the eshop at midnight? I'm impressed. Hope this is the norm for all future Switch releases.
First party Switch releases has been at midnight, everything else releases on regular hours.

Wii U and 3DS even offer preloading, so hopefully that will be added to Switch soon.

Totakeke

Is it actually jmpossible to curve your punches outside of double joycons controls?

Sure seems that way.

Er what.

You can curve your punches with the left analog stick. Some punches are curved pre-punch and some can continue to be curved post-punch. What you can't do with non-motion controls is that curving left and right punches in different directions at the same time.

molnizzle

Er what.

You can curve your punches with the left analog stick. Some punches are curved pre-punch and some can continue to be curved post-punch. What you can't do with non-motion controls is that curving left and right punches in different directions at the same time.

yeah, in theory this is true. In reality my punches my barely change directions. Not like the crazy shit I see people curving with motion controls.

Totakeke

yeah, in theory this is true. In reality my punches my barely change directions. Not like the crazy shit I see people curving with motion controls.

Different ARMS have very distinct curve capabilities. Use Ninjara's Buff and curve your punches, you can curve them quite precisely almost all the way through. You want a wide arc curve? Use something like a boomerang or chakram.

Regardless, "barely change direction" is not equal to unable to curve your punches.

I'm pretty sure most of the crazy shit you see are the "before the fact" / "pre punch" ARMS. The only ARMS you actually curve after punching for the most part are the standard boxing glove ones, the blorb, tribolt, revolver, stuff like that

If mine doesn't arrive before it launches I'll try to cancel my Amazon order. I just have to wake up real early in the morning so I didn't want to wait for the midnight launch, but wanted to play tonight!

I just got a second email asking to verify payment and I gave it the same card and it WORKED

ARMS HERE I COME

Dipship31

I just got a second email asking to verify payment and I gave it the same card and it WORKED

ARMS HERE I COME

Bah, still waiting on mine, I also got an e-mail like 10 minutes ago, here's what it looked like:

Py2PSQB.png

I clicked it and selected the same credit card for payment, says payment information has been updated with a green checkmark, and is right back to pending. Did your e-mail look like that image?

LProtag

Picking mine up from Best Buy after work tomorrow. I'm excited.

Grabbed a pro controller recently, but I really liked the motion controls when I played the test punch...

RobotVM

Got my code off Amazon.jp took around an hour. Me and my 4 year old played and he beat the dog crap out of me.

Oh shit, just saw Amazon delivered it today. Hell yeah! Nice birthday surprise. I think this is the first time I've ever had a game come early for me.

Nice happy B-day friend my most early game was MGS V a weekend before release.

Thanks. It may only be a day early, but that's pretty cool considering the day it is.

If anyone wants to add me my FC is 7312-0144-8729. Doing some songs for my Rivals Crew in Rock Band right now, but I'll be vegging out on ARMS in a little bit if anyone is getting a room going.

molnizzle

Are ribbon girls default ARMS even capable of hitting the CPU ribbon girl during the 3rd level of punch training? I feel like it's literally impossible to land a hit on that thing, and the game doesn't do anything to try and tell me what I'm doing wrong.

God damn this game is frustrating.

LegendX48

Are ribbon girls default ARMS even capable of hitting the CPU ribbon girl during the 3rd level of punch training? I feel like it's literally impossible to land a hit on that thing, and the game doesn't do anything to try and tell me what I'm doing wrong.

God damn this game is frustrating.

trying to land a hit on Ribbon Girl, in general, is overly difficult.

Just finished Grand Prix in difficulty 4 with Ribbon Girl.

So many jumps, dashes and grabs. Now I'm not sure if I should chill a little bit in Party Mode or try Ranked. :p

Top Bottom