• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Artist Performing at Trump’s Inauguration? Mötley Crüe’s Vince Neil.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Update?

http://www.tmz.com/2016/11/18/vince-neil-donald-trump-inauguration/

UPDATE! Vince Neil says he's been uninvited to the inauguration.

The bolded is the interesting part. Hillary Clinton had him booked! That girl's wilder than I thought.

ETA- Can't watch the tmz so don't know if there was extra insight from Vince himself. I'm assuming he hooked up with the Hilldawg from way back.

Not exactly Beyoncé or Aretha Franklin.

abc0e770.jpg

Pitchfork said:
Longtime Mötley Crüe vocalist Vince Neil has said that he will perform at Donald Trump’s presidential inauguration on January 20, 2017. Neil told Billboard that he was asked about his availability “months ago,” prior to the election results, and that he will perform with his own band. “The promoters asked if I was available, and I said yes,” he said. “So we sent all of the band’s passports to the Secret Service so everybody can get in, and all of the crew people, not knowing who was winning. But we were already scheduled to play.” Neil was unable to confirm any other acts for the inauguration, and added, “I don’t know how long I have to play. I don’t know if the Republican Party says which [songs] to play and what not to do.”

Neil is set to appear on the forthcoming season of “The Celebrity Apprentice."

Breads

Banned
Stop.

Who wrote this.

We need to find and destroy that magic type writer that is making all of these things happen.

This is the last straw.

Forget Jeff Sessions being the AG or the heat wave melting the polar ice. Something has to be done about this.

JustenP88

I earned 100 Gamerscore™ for collecting 300 widgets and thereby created Trump's America
Lmao this is fantastic. I've got a friend who loves hair metal and can't come to grips with the fact that the likes of Mötley Crue and Poison aren't garbage. Looking forward to seeing his reaction to this.

If this wasn't already an international embarrassment, the inauguration will remove all doubt.

norm9

Saw him last month. Vince Neil still got it and it was a rocking set because he pretty much only played Crue songs. I don't know how I feel about him doing this though.

Surprised it wasn't Ted Nugent.

norm9

http://www.tmz.com/2016/11/18/vince-neil-donald-trump-inauguration/

UPDATE! Vince Neil says he's been uninvited to the inauguration.

Vince Neil is NOT performing at a Donald Trump inauguration event, and it seems Vince was pretty confused about who asked him in the first place.

Well, we spoke with Vince, who told us he and his band actually worked on getting Secret Service clearance to perform and he thought it was a done deal regardless of who won.

Vince seems to be saying Hillary's people or the DNC were so confident in winning they booked him 2 months ago, but when Trump won everything changed.

Fact is ... to the victors go the spoils, and the President-elect chooses the entertainment, and it now appears Vince is not to Trump's liking. Vince says he's been "uninvited."

The bolded is the interesting part. Hillary Clinton had him booked! That girl's wilder than I thought.

ETA- Can't watch the tmz so don't know if there was extra insight from Vince himself. I'm assuming he hooked up with the Hilldawg from way back.

Ferrio

Banned
Dr. Feels Bad Man

edit: Also lol at the uninvited. That whole group seems so disorganized and clueless on what they're doing.

Boem

Aaaaaaaaaaaaand there we go.

Such a circus.

Didn't the producers ban Trump from ever appearing on Celebrity Apprentice again because of the way he was acting during his campaign? I'm pretty sure they were vocal opponents of the guy, including confirming that he was a sexist pig during the taping of that show as well. I think it's more coincidence and not Trump pulling strings or anything. Trump doesn't have anything to do with the show anymore - and like the guy said, he would have played if Hillary won as well, he was booked before the outcome.

Don't really know the guy so I have no idea if he's a scumbag or anything of course.

Edit: didn't know he was uninvited. Yeah the celebrity apprentice thing was definitely coincidence.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom