• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kendrick Lamar is performing at Super Bowl LIX Halftime Show

Kendrick was the one part of the Dre halftime show I didn't really care for, so I guess I'll be doing something else for this one.

Bruno Mars had the best halftime show in the last 10 years:

Hrk69

Gold Member
Like come on, who else could do anything close to this kind of a freestyle flow?

Flow? Easy.

eminem brooding GIF

Busta Rhymes Sunglasses GIF

Give Up Reaction GIF by Bounce

TheChumpNation

Neo Member
It's rather hilarious to see complaints that rock music won't be featured and "you'll only get hip-hop now" when for decades all we got was old, past their prime rock bands that nobody in my age cohort was remotely interested in.

I hope it's Kendrick for the next 5 years straight.

SF Kosmo

Al Jazeera Special Reporter
It's rather hilarious to see complaints that rock music won't be featured and "you'll only get hip-hop now" when for decades all we got was old, past their prime rock bands that nobody in my age cohort was remotely interested in.

I hope it's Kendrick for the next 5 years straight.
Yeah it's hard for Xers and elder millennials to accept that rock is no longer the force it was in popular music. Like it continues to exist and there's still good music in the genre, just as jazz and blues and reggae still exist, but it hasn't been one of the primary genres of popular music in like 15 years.

I have never liked pop music much so I get how it's easy to get crotchety about how there isn't really an "alternative" lane in popular music in the same way, but if you're going to dismiss literally all hop hop in the last 10 years as mumble rap, including a Pulitzer prize winning lyricist, then you just sound like Grandpa Simpson.

There have been barely any good halftime shows for almost 20 years, remember how awesome The Rolling Stones and Prince were? A handful of decent ones but none even come close to Prince since then.

Rap is way, way overexposed, it's boring now.

Top Bottom