• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Assassins Creed 4: Black Flag |OT| Not Based on a DisneyLand Ride

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.

It's true, i'm trying to find that GAF thread, hold on.

Edit:
gta-5-ps3-vs-xbox-36055sy9.gif

Sioen

Still in the tutorial so can't say yet but the game looks as good as 3 and didn't have slowdown yet.
Ps. Really love pirates so the game is a godsend seeing there really aren't many of them.

SJRB

Gold Member
Is anyone even getting this for the current gen systems? Judging by the amount of posts in this thread I seriously doubt it.

Martian

1. Despite loving 2/brotherhood/revelations I thought 3 was a flaming pile of trash.

2. Waiting for reviews to tell me if it plays like 3 or if it plays like the previous games.

3. Waiting for reviews to tell me if there is much awful present day stuff.

This. I am waiting at least a month or so before even thinking about getting it. After a month most reviews will have probably come in (at least enough objective ones), and then I can decide to get it for 25 euros on ps3

ironcreed

Banned
Is anyone even getting this for the current gen systems? Judging by the amount of posts in this thread I seriously doubt it.

I was planning on waiting until I got my PS4 next year because I have not really been in the mood for another Assassin's Creed, but am considering getting it for PS3 after watching some of a walkthrough. It looks much better than III.

Blimblim

The Inside Track
Well, looks like I won't be able to finish the game. The new stealth system works very nicely, so of course they put more and more stealth missions in the game. Too bad I'm utterly terrible (I *mean* it, the Zelda TWW stealth stuff was difficult for me...) and I'm completely stuck at this one mission. And there is no pass system like GTA5, so basically I'm done with the game. If one of you guys is playing/reviewing the game, feel free to PM me, it's about the
mission after the Kidd stuff at that far away location
(super mild spoiler).

Gaz_RB

I wish it came out on PC next Tuesday like BF4. That way I could still get the full experience while I wait for PS4

Dennis

Banned
Well, looks like I won't be able to finish the game. The new stealth system works very nicely, so of course they put more and more stealth missions in the game. Too bad I'm utterly terrible (I *mean* it, the Zelda TWW stealth stuff was difficult for me...) and I'm completely stuck at this one mission. And there is no pass system like GTA5, so basically I'm done with the game. If one of you guys is playing/reviewing the game, feel free to PM me, it's about the
(super mild spoiler).

So what is the score?

Gaz_RB

(super mild spoiler).

Sucks you can't get past it but could you give some details on how the new stealth works?

SJRB

Gold Member
"New stealth system" got me curious, from what I can gather it's still nothing more than hiding in the bushes and standing behind objects to break line of sight.

Kiraly

You can actually rate the missions and send feedback directly to Ubisoft. :')

"New stealth system" got me curious, from what I can gather it's still nothing more than hiding in the bushes and standing behind objects to break line of sight.

This is my experience thus far as well.

Blimblim

The Inside Track

Absolutely. But it works now, thanks to the lush vegetation :) AC3 tried to introduce it, but the fact that you couldn't really hide made it irrelevant. It really feels great when you manage to go from enemies to enemies (killing them or not) without being spotted.
You can actually rate the missions and send feedback directly to Ubisoft. :')
I dutifully 1-star every stealth heavy missions :)

tino

Banned
So the present day setting of AC4 is basically a
gaming studio
? What kind of dumb ass shit is this. Ubi just doesn't care anymore.

If you can run it on a PC, or if you're going to get a next-gen console, AC games have the cruel tendency to drop in price relatively quickly. If it turns out a stinker, like III did (for me), then at least you don't kick yourself as hard.

Yeah, the PS3/360/WiiU/PC versions are going to drop to $39.99 on Black Friday (11/29), at least at Gamestop. The supply in the past AC BF sales has been plentiful, especially when you consider price-matching.

If you can't wait until Black Friday, Redbox is getting it in for the PS3/360 for $2/day. If it's anything like with renting AC3, all you'd be missing out on are: the Online Pass, the PS3-exclusive content (Aveline DLC missions), and Multiplayer for the 360 version (Due to it containing only Disc 1).

I am. I won't be buying a PS4 until the spring, and AC games aren't anything that would make me consider buying one at launch. Just gonna play it and forget about it. Everything I want to play for the next five months is going to be on current gen consoles. No reason to upgrade yet.

Seanspeed

Banned
Warning, the game leaked!

Fucking Pirates win again.

Then 3 hours later

FINALLY, get to my cousins house....hooked up all 4HDMI's (thanks for HDCP sony and thank goodness for splitters that work.)

I'm deleting his game and probably going to record the first 15 minutes or so.

What kind of links are accepted for the RAW capture from the elgato?

I'll gladly upload it

LETS DO THIS!!!!

lh7GFk9.jpg
hmmm

A few questions for those that could answer... even if you don't have the game.

- Is the optional objectives that destroyed AC3 still there? Listed out and marked in red when you fail?
- Is there a crouch button? Or a context sensitive crouch? (I don't mean vegetation stealth)
- is hunting lock on still? Or does it encourage free-aim?

Thanks for any answers!

Sioen

Awesome, can you list some pro's and con's? what you like and what not? what platform are you on?
Sure I'm on the 360. (Which has 2 discs btw)
First of all the graphics are pretty good for current gen consoles, the weather effects and such are a sight to behold when you're on your on ship. Sometimes I just stop sailing just to look around. That brings me to my second point, the ship is alot of fun to use now compared to AC3, it's far better developed and the songs the sailors sing during the journeys are a nice touch.
The city gameplay is really just more of the same, havana sure is a nice looking city though with its vibrant colours. The framerate is also generally good on the 360, haven't noticed huge drops in framerate like in Boston or NY in AC3. The combat seems a bit more difficult aswell, it seems that the enemies do alot more damage than before.
The 1st person gameplay in abstergo seems kinda useless right now, don't know if it will develop further in the game..
You want to know anything else?

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
First of all the graphics are pretty good for current gen consoles, the weather effects and such are a sight to behold when you're on your on ship. Sometimes I just stop sailing just to look around. That brings me to my second point, the ship is alot of fun to use now compared to AC3, it's far better developed and the songs the sailors sing during the journeys are a nice touch.
The city gameplay is really just more of the same, havana sure is a nice looking city though with its vibrant colours. The framerate is also generally good on the 360, haven't noticed huge drops in framerate like in Boston or NY in AC3. The combat seems a bit more difficult aswell, it seems that the enemies do alot more damage than before.
The 1st person gameplay in abstergo seems kinda useless right now, don't know if it will develop further in the game..

Sounds good, thank you sir.

Kiraly

Any info in the box on how the PS4 upgrade is handled? Is it linked to the online pass, or is it a separate code?

It is a separate code, you will have to pay €9,99 and have the PS3 disc in the PS4 to play the game. Has to be redeemed by January something 2014.

Have not played a lot yet, I surely will after work! The game on the open seas is pretty beautiful (in an artistic way, IQ is shit), in a big city it looks mudded and runs at a terrible framerate tho. I have only visited a single island yet, but damn - this world is massive and I actually liked exploring an uncharted island. Stealth is better as there is more foliage to hide in and shit, other mechanics are just as shit as ever however.

Kiraly

Definitely wait for the PS4 version guys. There is an enormous amount of things to do - but you will get tired of the low framerate before you even completed half of it. The game is beautiful at times - but hardly on the PS3.

The game is far thus good, but if you can wait -do so.

You probably can't answer it yet, but when you get closer to the ending, can you let us know how the story's going? How's the historical stuff? How shitty is the present day stuff?

* I will be grabbing the PS4 version

Top Bottom