• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Assassin's Creed Mirage is coming to Steam later this month

GHG

A year late and it still comes with all this shit.

gVi51zI.jpeg

Ubisoft are clueless.

BennyBlanco

aka IMurRIVAL69
The Ubisoft experience on PC in a nutshell. At least Steam achievements have returned… baby steps.

Here you have a game that would be perfect for Steam Deck ™️. Either broken at launch or will absolutely break compatibility in a few years when this version of UPLay is shut down. All for “muh MAUs” or some other arbitrary nonsense.

It’s just a login guys! Takes 2 mins! PC whiner race!

Hydroxy

Hopefully it will be added gamepass as well soon? I don't want to pay Ubisoft money but don't mind trying out the game via gamepass.

SmokedMeat

Gamer™
It was like $15 during the recent sale, that might still be going on.

I plan on checking it out at some point, but I don’t mind Uplay so it’ll be wherever it’s cheapest.

Holammer

f u middle finger GIF by Midland

Even the retard Wilson learned his lesson with the new DA not requiring EA App. Now it’s time for Ubisoft.
I mentioned it in another thread, but a 40k lore YTber known as Arch claimed his Amazon contact told him that Ubisoft informed Amazon they would no longer provide Uplay/connect codes and there would be Steam codes for future titles going forward. Including how Uplay would be put into maintenance mode for existing customers.

I consider him pretty reliable and the relevant info is in the first two minutes. Rest is filling the void for the 8+ minute YT video meta.

xrnzaaas

It wasn't on Steam yet? Damn. Talk about a missed opportunity to boost the sales. I understand they don't want to share profits, but their own platform should have 3-6 month exclusivity max.

Kacho

Gold Member
It wasn't on Steam yet? Damn. Talk about a missed opportunity to boost the sales. I understand they don't want to share profits, but their own platform should have 3-6 month exclusivity max.
Ubisoft nuked their strategy of releasing games exclusively on Uplay and EGS. All games will launch on Steam going forward.

SJRB

Gold Member
I was playing through this a few months ago. Mirage is a decent game if you want a throwback to the classic AC games, with all their flaws. It's super barebones in many ways and at times feels more like a remastered PS3 game.

Game's vibes are sick though and parkouring through a big city feels nice enough.

vOsiugK.jpeg

i5gZ1bB.jpeg

KRPAqsZ.jpeg

tdCDsEj.jpeg

r7SZquk.jpeg

be8za7r.jpeg

Kurotri

I was playing through this a few months ago. Mirage is a decent game if you want a throwback to the classic AC games, with all their flaws. It's super barebones in many ways and at times feels more like a remastered PS3 game.

Game's vibes are sick though and parkouring through a big city feels nice enough.

vOsiugK.jpeg

i5gZ1bB.jpeg

KRPAqsZ.jpeg

tdCDsEj.jpeg

r7SZquk.jpeg

be8za7r.jpeg
Can't believe it's been a year already. I liked Mirage so much, it's impressive what they managed to do with Valhalla's assets. It took them around 2 years iirc to make this game. Threw me right back to the good old times. It's insane how the conversation around AC changed now thanks to Shadows.

SJRB

Gold Member
Can't believe it's been a year already. I liked Mirage so much, it's impressive what they managed to do with Valhalla's assets. It took them around 2 years iirc to make this game. Threw me right back to the good old times. It's insane how the conversation around AC changed now thanks to Shadows.

Mechanics-wise if you enjoyed the first and second AC games you will enjoy this one.

The story, however, is terrible. TERRIBLE. Zero likeable characters, zero flow or charisma to anything or anyone. Archaic camera work, it feels super last-gen in terms of presentation.

I can't remember the last game where I just started skipping all cutscenes because of how bad they all are. The story feels like an afterthought, to say the least.

Kurotri

Mechanics-wise if you enjoyed the first and second AC games you will enjoy this one.

The story, however, is terrible. TERRIBLE. Zero likeable characters, zero flow or charisma to anything or anyone. Archaic camera work, it feels super last-gen in terms of presentation.

I can't remember the last game where I just started skipping all cutscenes because of how bad they all are. The story feels like an afterthought, to say the least.
For sure. To even remotely understand what's going on with the MC you need to be deep into AC lore and even then it still feels like a wet fart. But it was nice to go back after 3 huge RPGs. Unfortunately Ubi has lost the plot in more ways than one so Unity will continue to be superior to every game after it when it comes to presentation and cutscene quality.

Top Bottom