• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Assassin's creed shadows - One duo, two playstyles trailer

Bloobs

Al Pachinko, Konami President
98259POT-1_360x360_2.png

SJRB

Gold Member
"You can do quests with any character"

Annnnnd done. Playing the entire game as Naoe, 100% ignoring Yasuke. Basically how I played the entire game of Syndicate as Evie.

Edit: you can't say "we support maximum player freedom" and literally two minutes later say "we basically force people to pick a specific character because otherwise you'll run into a wall" Ubi, wtf are you doing.

Last edited:

GymWolf

Gold Member

Annnnnd done. Playing the entire game as Naoe, 100% ignoring Yasuke. Basically how I played the entire game of Syndicate as Evie.

Edit: you can't say "we support maximum player freedom" and literally two minutes later say "we basically force people to pick a specific character because otherwise you'll run into a wall" Ubi, wtf are you doing.
The wall could only be skill based, like you have to be super good to beat the big guys with Naoe.

But they way they phrase the whole thing doesn't look like the case.

when all that anyone wanted was a shinobi assassin's creed. but they just really wanted to feature that other character (the first ac protagonist based on a real person, btw). smh...

syndicate defaults to jacob on certain story missions. otherwise, i played all the side missions like you did. if this's similar, i'll likely eventually get it...

Markio128

Gold Member

Yeah, missions that are suited to one character over another sounds like a chore to me.

Tbh, I’d go as far as to say that the game doesn’t need a Samurai at all. It‘s meant to be an Assassins Creed game. The game would have been perfect with just the ninja.

Mattdaddy

Gold Member
Well damn... my preferred style is definitely more aggressive melee versus sneaking around.

But... Im more interested in playing as the lady Ninja.

So Ill probably just play as her, ignore stealth anyway and force feed the melee combat, then complain the mechanics suck. :messenger_fistbump:

Actually the combat looks pretty sick for both of them.

GooseMan69

I thought i could use Naoe for the whole game because she is clearly the more complete character but it seems like some enemies are only beatable by dubstep dude, unless this trailer is bullshitting us.

I think you can play most of the game as one character. Open combat missions or one on one duels will just be easier with the dude.

GooseMan69

The wall could only be skill based, like you have to be super good to beat the big guys with Naoe.

That’s how I interpreted it. Let’s be real though, it’s a Ubi game. It’s not gonna be hard lol. I’m sure I’ll be just fine taking on any fight with Naoe.

Gonna be hilarious when they get the data back and see that everyone played as Naoe like 95% of the time lol

Cool ninja girl vs diversity hire with nerfed parkour. Real tough choice.

Last edited:

Trilobit

Meanwhile....

You can have the most high tech graphics but its actual animation that will sell the action.

These kinds of action games that lack fluidity and flow in motion excarberate the feeling of rigidness and makes everything feel static. I also low-key hate invisible walls when you jump from platform to platform. If I die I die, but if the controls are responsive and smooth then I can only blame myself.

This is bad...like real bad. Whoever Greenlit this needs to be fired.

Not going to reply to your bad faith arguments, but this is a historically accurate ninja origin story, The Japanese didn't even know what stealth was until Yasuke turned up, why do you think ninjas all wear black? Our hand picked wikipedia editors who have never been to Japan but really love anime and Japanese women so are basically experts, have confirmed this.

- Narrative director

simpatico

Gold Member
Explains why Ubi is already laying off staff. Preorder numbers must have execs hair on fire. Aesthetic, subjective topics aside, the gameplay looks like ass. Ghost of Tsushima if someone removed every ounce of style. Just sterile. Windows taskbar makes an appearance at 1:53! Good job editing team.

After all these years combat still looks super janky.

Maybe I'm just too unrefined to understand what makes this AAAA. Looks like random Steam jankware.

Last edited:

hussar16

Ubisoft needs proper good game directors watching these games, it seems like the directors dont even play their games from start to finish to say these games are good. they just shove bunch of random quests with no meaning into it

hussar16

How many fucking directors does this game have? I count a combat director, stealth director and overall game director.

I also want to know why the textures are so awful. We have 16gb of VRAM in these consoles now!

Edit: A narrative director too!

Shocked Vince Mcmahon GIF
i was just gona say that . ubisoft needs to hire real directors that handle the game singly handely from start to fisnish ,they glue parts together and its a mess of nthinng in the end. i bet you none of these game directors even play the game from start to finsih,thats wild

How many fucking directors does this game have? I count a combat director, stealth director and overall game director.

I also want to know why the textures are so awful. We have 16gb of VRAM in these consoles now!

Edit: A narrative director too!

Shocked Vince Mcmahon GIF
Don't forget the Woke Director. Gotta keep BlackRock happy. Probably funding ubi's ass.

EDMIX

Writes a lot, says very little
Explains why Ubi is already laying off staff. Preorder numbers must have execs hair on fire. Aesthetic, subjective topics aside, the gameplay looks like ass. Ghost of Tsushima if someone removed every ounce of style. Just sterile. Windows taskbar makes an appearance at 1:53! Good job editing team.

Maybe I'm just too unrefined to understand what makes this AAAA. Looks like random Steam jankware.

Sure bud, the layoffs didn't even have shit to do with either team lol

Yea, being ranked so high must be killing them /s

Good luck with that cope lol
Environment looks really good.
Agreed, their teams do a great job in that area

b0uncyfr0

At least theyre trying different things and not repeating the same crap ..right?

Its the right step but i fear its too shallow.

sigmaZ

WTF Was this game made with AI? Those characters models look so bad. It looks like they asked an AI to generate models so that they have a pastel smudge to them. The lighting feels off too, though I can't quite explain why yet. Also, some of those soundsfx don't feel like they sit right. Maybe they should have just showed regular gameplay, instead of... this.

Last edited:

Pejo

Yea, no thanks. There are a myriad of reasons why I won't be picking this up. Hope whoever thinks it looks good enjoys it. With this releasing, that probably means Valhalla will go down to sub $10 prices, so I might finally try that game, but I'm in no rush.

The troll doesn’t deserve being quoted, but regarding sales comparisons:
Why would Chinese players buy a game about a Japanese character made by a western developer?

If I didn’t have so many games going on, I’d give this a shot. I wonder how it ties in to the animus and the Templars. These were already pushed far to the background in Valhalla and Odyssey. That was to my benefit, since they were my first AC games and I didn’t fully grasp that part of the story. I am currently playing through the original games and it all makes more sense.

simpatico

Gold Member
What does it matter?
Direct competitor. Good measuring stick. If a brand new studio can make a game in the same genre as yours, and sell 4x the copies, the people financing you should think long and hard about their choices. How do we think the budgets compare? 5x for AC Shadows?

King Dazzar

Season 9 Idk GIF by The Office

Yeah I'm not convinced. Sounds like a step backwards to me. I think I prefer being able to mould my own character to the style I like from multiple perk options. Rather than choosing from 2 extreme builds, which I have to choose prior to a given engagement. It sounds far more restrictive to me. But at least you can choose, I suppose.

Bartski

Gold Member
B5gDOR9.jpeg

Not sure if I should make a new thread for this, but I attended what turned out to be a live playthrough of a chunk of the game. Bummer, as I was 100% convinced I was queuing for a hands-on demo, but no. Instead, there was the stealth director on stage narrating, after lengthy disclaimers and a strict "no filming" policy because "things may go sideways, and we don’t want things clipped from this old build."

pmQKUqY.jpeg

And they sort of did. The combat looked rough.

It is somewhat concerning they literally played the same sequence that was shown in the game reveal in the exact same way (how they went through the stealth section with the ninja girl etc), so it looked just like that reveal but way jankier.

To be clear, I think the game still has tons of potential, I might as well be getting it at launch with an ad-hoc Ubisoft+ sub but I couldn't shake off the feeling they're in a rough spot, grinding away to ship it.

I also couldn't shake off a feeling I could have that smoking hot producer lady on the controller excersise her empowerment all over me when ok nevermind.

They still have over 3 monhts of polish ahead and seem like cool people. Everyone shat on Valhalla and it turned out the biggest selling AC ever iirc? Good luck guys and see you at the finish line.

IscZxLR.jpeg

Top Bottom