• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Assetto Corsa EVO Announcement Trailer

Looks freaking amazing.

Hope it's easier to dial in for controller, though AC is definitely focused on wheel users so it is what it is.

Last edited:
I would love to get into this games but it has the same problem that most games have for me. The car list. It's just too Euro centric which makes sense as I'm sure Europe is the target audience for most of these games.

Don't get me wrong, I love a good hot hatch and I quite like a Porsche but my taste in cars is very JDM centric. I want Chasers, Crowns, Cefiros, Cosmos, EG Civic Hatchs, and Euro Rs. I appreciate almost all cars (I've personally owned a variety: Golf VR6, E36 M3, Del Sol, Civic Si, Tacoma, and unfortunately a standard ass Elantra due to "needing an adult car"). There's a reason my favorite racing franchises are Gran Turismo and Tokyo Xtreme Racer.

I'll still keep an eye on this as I know mods are popular and the original got a Japanese DLC pack.

Last edited:
I would love to get into this games but it has the same problem that most games have for me. The car list. It's just too Euro centric which makes sense as I'm sure Europe is the target audience for most of these games.

Don't get me wrong, I love a good hot hatch and I quite like a Porsche but my taste in cars is very JDM centric. I want Chasers, Crowns, Cefiros, Cosmos, EG Civic Hatchs, and Euro Rs. I appreciate almost all cars (I've personally owned a variety: Golf VR6, E36 M3, Del Sol, Civic Si, Tacoma, and unfortunately a standard ass Elantra due to "needing an adult car"). There's a reason my favorite racing franchises are Gran Turismo and Tokyo Xtreme Racer.

I'll still keep an eye on this as I know mods are popular and the original got a Japanese DLC pack.

There are sites where you can get just about near any car you can think of. That's what made the first AC so awesome, the base game is just your access key to what the community adds.

There are sites where you can get just about near any car you can think of. That's what made the first AC so awesome, the base game is just your access key to what the community adds.
Maybe I'll check it out again. The other problem is I sold my wheel to a friend as I just didn't use it enough (I don't really like having "stuff" and clutter, and having to setup everything got me to the point I just never used it as it was easier to just play something else).

The only racing game I play consistently is GT7 and GT has always been a controller game for me.

RaZoR No1

Assetto Corsa with Mods is your best friend

nikos

Looks incredible. One of my most anticipated games. Can't wait to see more. Hopefully they share some details soon.

Last edited:

J3nga

Most of the actual race drivers are on iRacing. How does it compare to iRacing?
It's not really comparable. At the moment there are two most popular sims, iRacing and Assetto Corsa Competizione(ACC), Evo isn't a replacement for ACC but judging by what we know so far - AC from 2014. iRacing is basically GaaS, you buy tracks and cars separately and also pay for subscription. AC and ACC are classical games - you buy it once(and DLC's) and that's it.

Last edited:

hlm666

It's a massive rabbit hole but making a comment about car lists for AC is gonna be dunked on ;)

Senua

Gold Member
So this will be their consumer car model game?

Count me in !! Please have VR out of the box.
Ux8HCHD.png

GHG

Something like gt campaign

You're asking for a style of campaign that is never going to exist in a game that focuses on a single racing series. I don't understand why you would expect or ask for such a thing.

What is there in terms of single player content is an authentic experience that follows the scheduled race calendar. Which ironically has many elements that the likes of GT could learn from.

Last edited:
What is there in terms of single player content is an authentic experience that follows the scheduled race calendar. Which ironically has many elements that the likes of GT could learn from.
Thanks for saving me the time to investigate. I am disappointed with GT7 and would love a racing game. What you describe seems like more live service junk.

//DEVIL//

Looks stunning. the moving water in the puddle was an amazing touch too.

I wonder how this compares to GT7 in terms of car details. mainly because GT7 usually is unmatched to the bolts of the car.

with that being still said, still day one. anything better than the Forza Motorsport abomination I purchased.

64bitmodels

Reverse groomer.
You're asking for a style of campaign that is never going to exist in a game that focuses on a single racing series.
Considering the allusion to potentially traffic and open roads i don't think they're gonna be focusing on a "single" racing series any longer. Isn't this AC and not ACC?

Top Bottom