• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Assetto Corsa EVO Announcement Trailer

Bry0

I just hope it's a full on Simulator and not made more arcade.
In terms of physics or event types?

Judging from the hint of traffic I think they may expand a bit on the event type sandbox, probably inspired by all the mods. I do hope they improve the vehicle simulation, but I would love expanded event types including things that may not necessarily be “realistic”. Every other pc “sim” is focused almost entirely on online racing, and the mod scene for AC focusing on a lot of events beyond just racing is part of its success I think.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
Can't see shit.
Cant See Cheech Marin GIF

amigastar

In terms of physics or event types?

Judging from the hint of traffic I think they may expand a bit on the event type sandbox, probably inspired by all the mods. I do hope they improve the vehicle simulation, but I would love expanded event types including things that may not necessarily be “realistic”. Every other pc “sim” is focused almost entirely on online racing, and the mod scene for AC focusing on a lot of events beyond just racing is part of its success I think.
I hope driving physics are still simulation.

cormack12

Gold Member
ACC doesn't blow me away on consoles, it seems very bland and gamey. GT7 looks amazing though.

Hopefully the console port won't be too far off for plain old ac evo.

hlm666

Nice. Hoping it's GT7 level of full fledged VR.
What do you mean? AC has good vr support, good enough the fake psvr2 gt7 video doing the rounds before launch was actually AC. Can even get hand tracking going if your so inclined. I'm not sure why we should be worried about ac2 vr support.

Senua

Gold Member
What do you mean? AC has good vr support, good enough the fake psvr2 gt7 video doing the rounds before launch was actually AC. Can even get hand tracking going if your so inclined. I'm not sure why we should be worried about ac2 vr support.

Maybe he never played the first Assetto Corsa. It's a valid question

VargasPaPuM

It's not really comparable. At the moment there are two most popular sims, iRacing and Assetto Corsa Competizione(ACC), Evo isn't a replacement for ACC but judging by what we know so far - AC from 2014. iRacing is basically GaaS, you buy tracks and cars separately and also pay for subscription. AC and ACC are classical games - you buy it once(and DLC's) and that's it.
How about physics and simulation? Why do race drivers pick iRacing?

ArtHands

Thinks buying more servers can fix a bad patch

They tried to pass off AC's VR footage as Gran Turismo 7 with PSVR2 support? Wow.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member

Yes. it has it, but it's very clumsy to set up compared to how well GT7 is refined (plug and play). Having it more streamlined and cohesive will be a nicely added addition.

And who tried passing off fake footage?

nikos

How about physics and simulation? Why do race drivers pick iRacing?

I think most people play iRacing because of its multiplayer and license/progression model. Everything is built in. done well, and easy to get into.

To get a similar experience in most other sims, you need to join sites such as World Sim Series, Low Fuel Motorsport, etc. There are several.

AC (with mods) and ACC do everything else better, IMO. iRacing feels dated to me, in so many ways, but it's slowly getting needed updates.

hlm666

They tried to pass off AC's VR footage as Gran Turismo 7 with PSVR2 support? Wow.
It wasn't official, it was during the hype before release when the thirst for some actual game footage was peaking. Someone had recorded a clip of AC shutoko highway in the rain in vr and posted it on reddit (and then here) saying it was gt7 vr and people ran with it.

Last edited:
Top Bottom