• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

ASUS Readies 2025 ROG Z13 Flow Gaming Tablet Powered by AMD "Strix Halo"

Loxus

ASUS Readies 2025 ROG Z13 Flow Gaming Tablet Powered by AMD "Strix Halo"

ASUS is betting bigger on game consoles or PCs built like consoles. The company in 2023 introduced the first ROG Z13 Flow, a gaming-grade tablet, powered by a 13th Gen Core "Raptor Lake" processor and mid-tier RTX 40-series "Ada" discrete mobile GPU. The 2025 ROG Z13 Flow is a 13-inch, 16:10 tablet with an integrated kickstand. You can use it like a handheld with touch controls, or place it on a surface and use conventional gaming peripherals, such as keyboard+mouse, or a game controller. Since the device is meant to provide a AAA gaming experience, it packs some serious kit.

Apparently, the 2025 ASUS ROG Z13 Flow will implement AMD's upcoming "Strix Halo" processor that packs up to 16 "Zen 5" CPU cores, and an oversized iGPU with 40 RDNA 3.5 compute units (2,560 stream processors), and a 256-bit LPDDR5 memory interface, besides a 50 TOPS-class NPU to qualify for Copilot+ AI PC rating. Such a chip would meet the hardware goals of the ROG Z13 Flow, and eliminate the need for a discrete GPU, letting ASUS reduce the mainboard size. The power management of "Strix Halo" would see the CPU and SoC given a roughly 30 W budget, and the iGPU roughly 80 W. Its cooling solution focuses squarely on the "Strix Halo" chip, with no other major chip on the device (the SoC is wired out to serve all chipset functions, no FCH needed).

22vsuq4.jpeg
knhJP86.jpeg
QrPH7F1.jpeg
2Jb44Jt.jpeg
8dpSugR.jpeg
oChzrdH.jpeg
1QqbY3g.jpeg

Bry0

I can’t wait to see strix halo products get tested. So many interesting potential use cases. Mini pc, tablets, laptops etc.

Bry0

I agree, I don’t really see tablets as something that fits them
Yeah I don’t think it’s practical in the sense that this thing is almost certainly going to need to be plugged into a wall to run a game for more than an hour, BUT if you can cool it at this tdp in a 13 inch tablet I think that says a lot about the potential form factors this can go in. Mini PCs excite me the most.

Loxus

Yeah I don’t think it’s practical in the sense that this thing is almost certainly going to need to be plugged into a wall to run a game for more than an hour, BUT if you can cool it at this tdp in a 13 inch tablet I think that says a lot about the potential form factors this can go in. Mini PCs excite me the most.
A gaming/work laptop is what I'll like to see.

Trogdor1123

Very much agree. I have really really wanted to build a 1080p/60 fps fallout 4 build forever in a mini machine. I think we are there.

Top Bottom