• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Atelier Meruru Plus |OT| Plus what? Plus a new ending and costumes!

Roubjon

I'm probably 3/4ths done with Totori Plus, but I'm pretty sure I want to go through it again and get endings I'm surely going to miss. I won't be getting this on release, but considering how much I'm loving Totori, I'll definitely buy this. Maybe when it's $27 like Totori was.

Really hyped for this game, as i'm gonna completed Totori soon. I'll buy it at launch if i can have some costume DLCs =D. Doubt i'll play right away since still want to play Totori again in new game +.

Is it true that you can transfer Totori save to Meruru? It's much better that way!

Shengar

I'm quite surprised to see Rorona. Never expected her to be that....small. Unless she drink some potion she made for herself, how old she is again?
Wait... what?... this is coming out next week?

Dem stealth release.

Tecmo Koei new strategy on releasing game digitally: Just release it and see what happened.

Jawmuncher

I bought the first game released on vita when it was on sale for 20.
I haven't even played it yet but if this is 30 i'll give them my money day 1.

Cheska

Are most people under a general agreement that Meruru is the easiest of the trilogy? I finally opened up my Grand Finale edition and it doesn't seem bad so far. Totori was kind of "meh" IMO, but I LOVED Ayesha. With this releasing on the Vita next week I figured it would give me a chance to play the game for the first time along some other people.

fek

Are most people under a general agreement that Meruru is the easiest of the trilogy? I finally opened up my Grand Finale edition and it doesn't seem bad so far. Totori was kind of "meh" IMO, but I LOVED Ayesha. With this releasing on the Vita next week I figured it would give me a chance to play the game for the first time along some other people.

Well, it depends. When it comes to extra bosses, in my opinion Meruru was the hardest, some of them were troublesome and required me to actually put Lias on the party.

Cheska

Well, it depends. When it comes to extra bosses, in my opinion Meruru was the hardest, some of them were troublesome and required me to actually put Lias on the party.

Is it frowned upon to use Lias or something? I like him so far..

vall03

I personally think that Totori is the hardest. I actually had trouble defeating a boss in order to progress the story and I hated that part. And I never actually had any of this problem in the other games in the series. Its one of the things I'm dreading going back to Totori.

Is it frowned upon to use Lias or something? I like him so far..

Hes actually one of the broken characters in the game. Just use him.

omg_mjd

Been looking forward to this! My most anticipated Vita game for this year.

Now just need to finally finish Totori Plus. Been putting it off ever since I got closer to the endgame. Worried about messing up and getting a bad ending.

Ravage

I'm pleased with how Totori+ ran on the Vita (great IQ and generally smooth gameplay). Hope Meruru+ does the same.

Nice thread!

My first thought when I saw the artwork was :did Zel draw this?: before I read the description.

Cool drawing. Little Rorona apparently just ran in against that big monster. lol

Edit: I just realized the monster has someone in his hand. Oh-oh.

RurouniZel

Asks questions so Ezalc doesn't have to
Nice thread!

My first thought when I saw the artwork was :did Zel draw this?: before I read the description.

Cool drawing. Little Rorona apparently just ran in against that big monster. lol

Edit: I just realized the monster has someone in his hand. Oh-oh.

Yeah, that's Esty. My version of events was that she threw herself in there to rescue Rorona because, as you describe, she just ran in there w/ no plan. XD

Rarutos

Guess I shouldn't be surprised that Tecmo-Koei hasn't said anything about this since the E3 trailer.

It's not even on this week's The Drop. :T

Then again, they sometimes don't include everything on those, and at least it's less stealthy than Totori Plus, lol.

RurouniZel

Just a friendly bump post to remind everyone that this wonderful game hits the PSN store in the US tomorrow and Europe on Wednesday! :D

Kainazzo

Ha, I remember when this first came out and I heard that Rorona
had been turned into a regressed-mind child against her will, and the ending kept her as one
. I thought that was such a
terrible fate, and an awful way to get some pander time in
. Glad I checked out the rest and found a couple where
she's back to normal
. I was definitely overthinking something that I'd never played :p

RurouniZel

Playing the intro tutorial. Outside of a few stutters here and there, the frame rate seems to be holding up better than Totori Plus.

macklelol

Ugh, my download speeds on my vita is horrible, probably won't be able to play this until tomorrow, maybe even Thursday...

B.K.

I hope Koei/NISA release the Rorona remake in America, too. Then I'd have all three Arland games on Vita and could play them in order.

Edit: 3GB? Looks like I'm going to have to delete some PS1/PSP games. :/ Sony really needs to release a 64GB Vita card.

RurouniZel

I hope Koei/NISA release the Rorona remake in America, too. Then I'd have all three Arland games on Vita and could play them in order.

Edit: 3GB? Looks like I'm going to have to delete some PS1/PSP games. :/ Sony really needs to release a 64GB Vita card.

Yeah, I'll update the OP with the size. As digital only that's pretty important.

What's this timed DLC? Should I buy it now? I've $40 left in my wallet so....

It's basically if you buy the game before the end of September, you'll get two DLC costumes for free.

I also believe this is the only chance to ever actually get the costumes since Totori+ did the same offer and the DLC costumes there never went up for sale.

Shengar

It's basically if you buy the game before the end of September, you'll get two DLC costumes for free.

I also believe this is the only chance to ever actually get the costumes since Totori+ did the same offer and the DLC costumes there never went up for sale.

Is this costumes worthed it? Any picture?

Yasumi

Banned
I love the little composer comments for the music in the jukebox.
Beleaguered Butler
A long-haired character. "Long-haired" is an interesting description. Because no matter how long your armpit, butt, or nipple hair grows, nobody would call you "long-haired." Interesting.

2 Teaspoons of Honey
A sad, heart-rending song. My first attempt was too sad and got rejected. Now it's a bit more sweet. How much sweeter, you ask? About 2 teaspoons of honey's worth.

J99Ig71.jpg

I still need to beat Totori Plus but I thought it would be best if I downloaded it now because I waited to long with Totori and missed the dlc

Top Bottom