• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Atelier Meruru Plus |OT| Plus what? Plus a new ending and costumes!

RurouniZel

Asks questions so Ezalc doesn't have to
So now that I assume people have spent a bit more time with the game, how does the frame rate hold up?

Sorry, been a busy week so I'm not terribly far, but so far there seems to be some improvement, mostly in interiors (inside the castle, for example). I haven't been to enough outdoor areas to call on those. orz

AtelierMeruruPlus_zpsab91845a.png

(Art by me, logos not by me)

Amazing OP!

and awesome avatar! ;D

RurouniZel

So yeah, having played for a little bit more the frame rate seems better to me than Totori Plus. Not perfect but better. However that's just my observation. Anyone else feel the same?

Rarutos

Well, that particular page is a bunch of balance changes and how some gameplay may be slightly different from the vanilla version. The other tabs on that page go over the additions to the Plus version like new bosses and events and whatnot!

RurouniZel

Well, that particular page is a bunch of balance changes and how some gameplay may be slightly different from the vanilla version. The other tabs on that page go over the additions to the Plus version like new bosses and events and whatnot!

That's a more accurate description, yes. :3

T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member
I'm very on the fence about buying this game. I'll take any Vita games I can get, and I want to keep on this JRPG kick after fully enjoying Tales of Xillia and Black Rock Shooter. But i have a few reservations.

Is it ok to start with this version if I've never played an Atelier game before?

Can I play through this only once and have a good time, even though there's multiple endings?

Does it keep up a decent pace?

Is the story any good?

macklelol

I'm very on the fence about buying this game. I'll take any Vita games I can get, and I want to keep on this JRPG kick after fully enjoying Tales of Xillia and Black Rock Shooter. But i have a few reservations.

Is it ok to start with this version if I've never played an Atelier game before?

Can I play through this only once and have a good time, even though there's multiple endings?

Does it keep up a decent pace?

Is the story any good?

1. Yeah, it should be fine, though some character interactions and other references may not make much sense. If this is your first Atelier game, you should check out Atelier Totori Plus, which is also available on PSN.

2. I don't see why not. If you're the type who wants to see everything, you'll have to do new game +, though.

3. Depends on how you play, since you pretty much set the pacing of the game. If you're really efficient with events and all that, there are moments where you have nothing to do for a while. I don't think this will ever be a problem if you're new to the game, though.

4. There's not much in this particular game when it comes to story. Most of the plot is related to you developing the kingdom. Atelier Totori has a better story, but even then, it's not a story heavy game.

macklelol

Man, some of these enemies can get really tough. I should stop underestimating enemies in Atelier games... I got wrecked by the elder griffon.

omg_mjd

Just bought Meruru and plan on starting it tonight. Thing is, I only made it up to the Normal Ending on Totori Plus. Is Totori's True Ending worth going for first before playing Meruru? I guess it won't take forever if I use a guide.

FiraB

Banned
Just bought Meruru and plan on starting it tonight. Thing is, I only made it up to the Normal Ending on Totori Plus. Is Totori's True Ending worth going for first before playing Meruru? I guess it won't take forever if I use a guide.
Depends on you really. If your going to go ending hunting then your going to be doing a lot of work without enjoying the game because your heavily micromanaging. If your just going through for story then youtube the true ending and move forward.

RurouniZel

Fixed the images. Sorry about that, my photobucket ran out of bandwidth, so I've switched to imgur.

macklelol

Damn, the framerate can get really bad later in the game. Feels like the only place I don't a noticeable FPS drop is the study.

As a reminder, this is the last week to buy Meruru + and still get the bonus DLC costumes in the NA.

As a bonus incentive, the PSN store is holding another spend 50, get 10 back promotion!

Quixzlizx

As a reminder, this is the last week to buy Meruru + and still get the bonus DLC costumes in the NA.

As a bonus incentive, the PSN store is holding another spend 50, get 10 back promotion!

Yeah, I hadn't even realized this had released until today. Saved myself 20% with the promo.

Cornbread78

I just picked this up last night from the PSN store. Weirdly enough, it does not even appear on the available games list, so I didn't thik it was out yet. I ran a search on PSN and it popped up. Why would it do that?

RurouniZel

I just picked this up last night from the PSN store. Weirdly enough, it does not even appear on the available games list, so I didn't thik it was out yet. I ran a search on PSN and it popped up. Why would it do that?

I don't know why, I've had similar issues with PSN when looking for niche titles for some reason.

I'm probably doing it wrong though.

Isomac

I have never played these games but the description sounds quite cool. I think I might want to play earlier game first. So I went to check out Playstation Store and found these: Atelier Totori Plus with Bonus and Atelier Totori Plus: The Adventurer of Arland. Are these different games?

Here is the links for the games. Description page is so short that I am not sure whats the difference. Logo at least looks the same to me.

https://store.sonyentertainmentnetw...land/cid=EP4108-PCSB00291_00-APP0000000000000

https://store.sonyentertainmentnetw...nus-/cid=EP4108-PCSB00291_00-B000000000000269

Cornbread78

I have never played these games but the description sounds quite cool. I think I might want to play earlier game first. So I went to check out Playstation Store and found these: Atelier Totori Plus with Bonus and Atelier Totori Plus: The Adventurer of Arland. Are these different games?

Here is the links for the games. Description page is so short that I am not sure whats the difference. Logo at least looks the same to me.

https://store.sonyentertainmentnetw...land/cid=EP4108-PCSB00291_00-APP0000000000000

https://store.sonyentertainmentnetw...nus-/cid=EP4108-PCSB00291_00-B000000000000269

That is kind of weird, no idea, unless they changed the listing at some point and the old one stayed. It's a shame that neither Totori or Meruru have been marketed at all. Very fun games overall.

mao2

They're both the same game. Atelier Totori Plus with Bonus is a limited time bundle that comes with two exclusive swimsuit DLCs.

Cornbread78

Ah that's weird that both are available at the same time. I think I'll get this. Thanks for the info!

Perfect, it's actually pretty fun, just make sure you pay attention to the time stamps. I would recommetn playing Totori first, then Meruru, a lot of the cast from Totori carries over to Meruru.

RurouniZel

Perfect, it's actually pretty fun, just make sure you pay attention to the time stamps. I would recommetn playing Totori first, then Meruru, a lot of the cast from Totori carries over to Meruru.

Definitely agree with this advise. :3

Cornbread78

So weird, I checked again last night and this game still does not appear on my VITA PSN store for download unless I go to the search tool. Between that and the lack of ANY marketing at all again, it's really a shame as the game is good enough to sell well....

macklelol

I can't seem to flag the Witch's Tea Party ending, not sure why. It should be the same as Finally, as Planned ending but just getting alchemy level 50 as well, right?

EDIT: Ahh, I figured it out, had to make a particular item needed for one of the other endings to get the event I missed.

Top Bottom