• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

August Wrasslin’ |OT| When Russo Shoots, He Shoots To Kill

At this point I think I enjoy talking about wrestling more than watching it.

With the exception of all those G1 matches people have been posting. Holy shit was the tournament awesome. I need more of that with some English commentary.

Kusagari

Cesaro's booking is so weird.

Let's not forget that in between this current jobbing streak he randomly took John Cena to the limit.

Downhome

Cool. The match that should've happened months ago as a random match in the middle of Raw.

Dear God, I forgot that so well that I didn't even remember they used to be together until I saw your post and wondered why you said it.

Such a damn shame.

Back then there was no way in hell that Swagger would come out on top.

BuzO-lKCUAIJBwH.jpg

Steph truly is trolling all the fans with this angle

Ithil

Cesaro pissed someone off, no doubt.

I doubt he pissed anyone off. They just think they can cool off guys and heat them back up when they feel like giving them a push like they're a microwave meal. They sure can do the cooling off pretty well, anyway.

The issue with that stupid ass segment was that it was rushed as all hell. No backstage antics, no footage, nothing.

It was like steph pulled a random fan out of the crowd and told her to "play along".

Don't worry, we'll get the return of GTV later on and see secret cam footage of Steph paying "Megan" to say this.

truly101

I got grudge sucked!
There's a certain level of badness that, when achieved, no longer need rankings. Katie Vick, Claire Lynch, Claire Lynch: Daniel Bryan Edition....they're all the same.

Protip, when measuring awful wrestling angles, the one involving necrophilia always wins.

Always.....

Honestly, someone needs to sit there and say "If we're going to have to mention $9.99 every segment, we need to tie back to something on the Network to whatever's happening."

This match for example, could talk about how you can see Cesaro win the Battle Royal at Wrestlemania at the WWE Network. Or mention their history as the Real Americans, and pick a substantial PPV match they had. Or hell, you could even mention an old Raw with the Real Americans falling apart, since those would likely be uploaded.

Something, anything. Instead they just beat the same exact point over and over and over and over and over about the PPVs. It's frustrating as hell.

Ithil

It's a sad state of affairs if this is actually true. But going by how the current Swagger angle is over, I think it's just the USA that's over, not him.

Okay, I feel a bit better :)

When I say "no", I mean "no, that didn't happen". Cesaro has lost all his heat since they started jobbing him out.

Downhome

I doubt he pissed anyone off. They just think they can cool off guys and heat them back up when they feel like giving them a push like they're a microwave meal. They sure can do the cooling off pretty well, anyway.

Once they give someone a decent push and then out of the blue cool them off, it almost never works when they attempt to push them again. Heck, IF they even ever seriously try to push them again. I'm a huge fan of Cesaro but I doubt he'll ever get back to where he was again.

RP912

Banned
The most frightening part of this whole match is the fact commentary haven't acknowledged the fact that they used to be real americans.

Would've thought they'd de-push Swagger after he managed to injure BNB. Maybe he's got the same kind of dirt on him that IRS has.

Then Cesaro wasn't over, it was his big swing that was over.

So he was over as a result of his own ability to execute that particular move. Better than being over because of Zeb's promo work.

NYR

The king of swing buried!

Proof positive the wwe doesn't know piss all about wrestling anymore.

#9.99

This forum sometimes. Goddamn. Every time WWE cools on someone, it's always "They suck, they were never over."

Happened to Del Rio, Miz and now Cesaro. Whatever.

Ithil

Once they give someone a decent push and then out of the blue cool them off, it almost never works when they attempt to push them again. Heck, IF they even ever seriously try to push them again. I'm a huge fan of Cesaro but I doubt he'll ever get back to where he was again.

What usually happens is they push a guy, they get over, then WWE cools them for no reason, they're not over, then WWE blames them for not being over and resolves to never push them again. Cue another midcarder-for-life.

Then Cesaro wasn't over, it was his big swing that was over.

Pretty much true. Cesaro as a person was over for like 2 weeks, then they started building every segment with him towards the Big Swing. The Big Swing then overshadowed everything else in his matches including whether or not he was a heel.

Now he's a bum AND doesn't do the swing anymore. I don't get it.

UberTag

Honestly, someone needs to sit there and say "If we're going to have to mention $9.99 every segment, we need to tie back to something on the Network to whatever's happening."

This match for example, could talk about how you can see Cesaro win the Battle Royal at Wrestlemania at the WWE Network. Or mention their history as the Real Americans, and pick a substantial PPV match they had. Or hell, you could even mention an old Raw with the Real Americans falling apart, since those would likely be uploaded.

Something, anything. Instead they just beat the same exact point over and over and over and over and over about the PPVs. It's frustrating as hell.
That would require effort.

The most frightening part of this whole match is the fact commentary haven't acknowledged the fact that they used to be real americans.
That would require commentary remembering what happened 4 months ago instead of just shilling the next celebrity appearance, unfunny joke, thing that just happened 5 minutes ago or hashtag that's trending on Twitter.

Downhome

What usually happens is they push a guy, they get over, then WWE cools them for no reason, they're not over, then WWE blames them for not being over and resolves to never push them again. Cue another midcarder-for-life.

It's insane how much talent they have screwed up and they just faded away. So much potential totally wasted, so many careers ended forever. It's quite depressing really.

Top Bottom