• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

August Wrasslin’ |OT| When Russo Shoots, He Shoots To Kill

I'm calling it right now. Next-gen versions will be delayed, while current-gen will ship on time.

WWE won't let them delay it. Remember when there were rumors of it getting delayed until Wrestlemania time next year? They are going to have to push it out, whether it's ready or not.

Last year's show was so epic. I legit got cramps from laughing at Flair and the reactions. This year is super shilly, they weren't going to let that happen again. Whatever, still fun to watch.

hahaa i don't know why i'm watching this but it's so weird to see cesaro playing up heel stuff on stage with all these guys who are barely in character or have characters. it feels so weird and kinda lame.

Aiii

So not worth it
Authenticity is fucking overrated John, I am watching a show full of actors, it is okay to act different.

Imagine De Niro just playing himself all the time... He would be a terrible actor.

Xater

I think WWE 2K15 is a pretty big change. You guys have seen the screenshots and it really does look like that. They did also work a lot on the animations. they apparently now have 5 times as many animations as in the previous games. That especially shows when someone is getting up and someone else is attacking. There is way less hitting the air going on now. The chain wrestling mechanic is interesting but I am not sure how much I like it at this point. It kinda is a rock, paper, scissors thing and then it's all about finding the right pressure point with the right stick. It might be because I was not yet used to it but I thought it slows the match down a bit too much. It makes sense to not throw out your most powerful moves immediately and it that sense it's more "realistic" but I don't know if that is much fun. The stamina system though is a good improvement. It definitely contributes to the matches flowing more like a real match. I'm not sure what else to say, so maybe just ask if you want to know something specific. I played the demo a couple of times and got a presentation from the 2K guys as well.

Edit: Oh right, the showcase mode seemed cool. You get slick video packages explaining the feud. They showed us one that lead up to the CM Punk pipe bomb. Then during the matches you actually get objectives you have to fulfill. In this match you had to critically damage Cena as Punk. There will apparently be more than one as well.

I think WWE 2K15 is a pretty big change. You guys have seen the screenshots and it really does look like that. They did also work a lot on the animations. they apparently now have 5 times as many animations as in the previous games. That especially shows when someone is getting up and someone else is attacking. There is way less hitting the air going on now. The chain wrestling mechanic is interesting but I am not sure how much I like it at this point. It kinda is a rock, paper, scissors thing and then it's all about finding the right pressure point with the right stick. It might be because I was not yet used to it but I thought it slows the match down a bit too much. It makes sense to not throw out your most powerful moves immediately and it that sense it's more "realistic" but I don't know if that is much fun. The stamina system though is a good improvement. It definitely contributes to the matches flowing more like a real match. I'm not sure what else to say, so maybe just ask if you want to know something specific. I played the demo a couple of times and got a presentation from the 2K guys as well.

Edit: Oh right, the showcase mode seemed cool. You get slick video packages explaining the feud. They showed us one that lead up to the CM Punk pipe bomb. Then during the matches you actually get objectives you have to fulfill. In this match you had to critically damage Cena as Punk. There will apparently be more than one as well.

So the showcase mode is basically the Wrestlemania mode from last year except you only get 2 feuds instead of like the 6 from last year.

KissVibes

Banned
I just tuned in.

1) Roman Reigns looks like shit. Dress like a professional, you fuck
2) Sheamus owns one media outfit
3) John Cena is such a fucking mark for himself. Really dude? You're wearing your merch? You fucking billboard fuck.

Edit: GOD SHUT THE FUCK UP HOGAN. STOP PUTTING YOURSELF OVER.

Xater

So the showcase mode is basically the Wrestlemania mode from last year except you only get 2 feuds instead of like the 6 from last year.

I can't compare it since I have not played last year's game, but if you say so that might be the case. I would assume though that these 2 showcases will be more fleshed out than the 6 in 2k15.

Top Bottom