• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

August Wrasslin |OT| I'll tout it to the papers if I have to

Ithil

Course now they're acting like "oh it was deliberate, it's character building for Punk" like it wasn't just dumb Cena based booking

Foffy

Banned
Punk wins. Bitches at HHH that he got disrespected again. HHH vs. Punk at Night of Champions. HHH wins. HHH vs. The Rock at Royal Rumble. Rock wins and revives the Nation. HHH revives DX. The Rock with the Nation vs. HHH with DX at Wrestlemania.

Pushing that new talent.

BlazinAm

Punk wins. Bitches at HHH that he got disrespected again. HHH vs. Punk at Night of Champions. HHH wins. HHH vs. The Rock at Royal Rumble. Rock wins and revives the Nation. HHH revives DX. The Rock with the Nation vs. HHH with DX at Wrestlemania.

You are overestimating the how much effort The Rock will put in his return.

DMczaf

If you can't get DQ'd in a triple threat, why do they always start the match like a regular match instead of running for weapons?

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
John-Cena_display_image.jpg

Nesotenso

I am a 90s kid and I was remembering some of the charcters and storylines of the past. Million dollar man and his corporation, psycho Sid, early rock and Nation of Domination, Hardy boys, ultimate warrior etc. I loved all that. Nostalgia bias it might be but nowadays it doesn't seem the same.

Ithil

You are overestimating the how much effort The Rock will put in his return.

Well, HHH, you uh, uhhhhh, you like being the GAME, right? Well you're *looks around for inspiration*, ehhhhhh, the....THE LAME!

Crowd of idiots: YAAAAAAHHHHH! THE LAME THE LAME THE LAME THE LAME!

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
"I don't really wanna say that CM Punk is easier for big show to beat than John Cena, but I think he is"

Wtf is Vince doing.

Ithil

It's kinda disheartening that some young fans will not know that Punk is tributing Savage there and think that elbow drop and pointing taunt is all Punk.

Jackson50

I am a 90s kid and I was remembering some of the charcters and storylines of the past. Million dollar man and his corporation, psycho Sid, early rock and Nation of Domination, Hardy boys, ultimate warrior etc. I loved all that. Nostalgia bias it might be but nowadays it doesn't seem the same.
Yeah. Alex Wright was another exceptional character. They're incomparably better than today's wrestlers.

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16

It isn't. WWE has really tried to distance itself from its wrestling history over the last 5-6 years.

Look at any of the feuds from 2004-2007. you'll notice the crowd is a lot more lively. There's a notable shift in the intensity of the crowds around 2007/2008 compared to, well, any time in the previous 30 years.

During the last "dull" era in the WWF/E back in the early/mid 90s, a lot of younger fans (like myself) had been raised on old AWA/WWF/NWA tapes from the 80s by our parents/grandparents.

Now, there's other distractions, so the kids who tune in for Cena don't really pay attention to wrestling or watch old stuff like we did.

Also, there's no... oh god wtf

Top Bottom