• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

August Wrasslin' |OT| I'M NOT FINISHED WITH YOU-LY

Well, dang. Dunne vs Gallagher's off, Pete needed 11 stitches to his temple after last night and isn't medically cleared to wrestle on the PROGRESS shows in NYC tonight and Boston tomorrow.

35bDxLp.gif

How the fuck does someone do this without Dale Cooper?

Jamie OD

Was he one of the wrestlers that supposedly staying in the US at the performance center for something?

I think the progress owners should be pissed more because he was main eventing the shows and a belt shot caused this to happen.

edit: Dunne leaving the match face covered in blood

https://twitter.com/wsteaks/status/896249046658142208

Yes, supposed to be there for the rest of the month, wouldn't rule out a Takeover appearance of some sort. He's also the crown jewel of whatever WWE UK is supposed to be. Certainly going to be NXT full time within the next 12 months. One of the Progress owners already vented on Twitter about the situation but deleted his comments (don't be a wrestler if you can't protect your opponent or something like that).

Yes, supposed to be there for the rest of the month, wouldn't rule out a Takeover appearance of some sort. He's also the crown jewel of whatever WWE UK is supposed to be. Certainly going to be NXT full time within the next 12 months. One of the Progress owners already vented on Twitter about the situation but deleted his comments (don't be a wrestler if you can't protect your opponent or something like that).

4bB3vl.gif

somedevil

This tweet still is up:

Glen Joseph‏ @Glen_Joseph 6h6 hours ago

3 hours sleep & numerous phone calls the night before our company's biggest day to date because some people are the drizzling shits.

Plus the troll boys are going hard at him on twitter.

Here a better view of what caused it:

https://twitter.com/ThePrideOfNYC/status/896364171570401280

Basically the guy did a shoot pedigree on Dunne on the belt by not releasing his arms on the move.

I would not be surprised if they re-book Dunne vs. Gallagher for Takeover next weekend. If Pete can go by then, that is.

But a really shitty situation for Progress. Lose the main event of one of their biggest shows of the year.

Tall4Life

I'd argue even in a real life situation, Suzuki can take down Austin.

Plus, I know it's fake; why do you think I refer to wrestling fans and some posters here as Muppets?

in a real life fight yeah i'd take suzuki, he knows mma

but in terms of wrestling its kind of pointless because the winner is predetermined ya know

for example we could put OwensIsNow and me together in a fight and book OwensIsNow to win, even though that would never ever happen

Really, I think the best solution here is to send someone else into that main event with Gallagher (maybe Haskins?) and make it a number one contenders match for Brooklyn next weekend and just extend the Takeover with an extra match.

I knew there was something fishy about Corey.

Well yeah, that should have become apparent when he said one of his biggest locker room friends was Big Cass.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
corey graves

Corey Graves ✔ @WWEGraves
"While I dig #GiveDivasAChance, I truly believe that our divas will make their own chances in time. Have you watched @WWENXT lately?!"
Remember that time I tried to speak rationally to the Internet?

Yeah, that'll never happen again.#sicksadworld
What you all have done, is take a guy (me) trying to DEFEND your cause, and turned me off by being idiots.

I hope you all fail.

Really, I think the best solution here is to send someone else into that main event with Gallagher (maybe Haskins?) and make it a number one contenders match for Brooklyn next weekend and just extend the Takeover with an extra match.

Well yeah, that should have become apparent when he said one of his biggest locker room friends was Big Cass.

I did not know that. That explains a lot about Corey.

Pretty excited for Progress New York City today. Really awesome looking card.

Oh wait, Dunne is hurt? Well FUCK.
Yew that sucks big time. Probably who I was looking forward to most. Hopefully they can do some sort of last min. surprise match to compensate.

First time in the area. Any places to grab a bite and drink?

Syder

Remember that time I tried to speak rationally to the Internet?

Yeah, that'll never happen again.#sicksadworld
Get over yourself, Corey. You were a bang average wrestler and have become boring and stilted on commentary.

Why not go for the three-peat by being a Trump-supporting piece of shit human being too?

Top Bottom