• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

August Wrasslin' |OT| I'M NOT FINISHED WITH YOU-LY

Hex

Banned
Meltzer said the following day that IT WAS NOT A WORK. He had that confirmed to him first-hand.

The post spot was a work. The piledriver was a botch.

And that is not cover? Serious question.
I mean Omega still swears that Evil was not knocked out.
They moved the rai away from the table to make the space rather openly.
If i am not mistaken there was even a young lion holding the rail...

I mean if it was a botch so be it. My bad.
It just seemed rather open, then Naito made a hell of a save.

Meltzer said he was told the reason the space was made was as a precaution.

And why would you cover it up by saying you fucked up? Wouldn't you want the impression to be that you were in total control of the situation? It marred an otherwise impresssive match. Even Meltzer said that botch is why he didn't give it six stars.

5tyfEz3.gif

I'll ask again: Who is this and how badly was he injured?

Foggy

They do that every time a rail is involved.

Watch Naito's feet, they stumble. Unless you think it's a worked stumble.

Just talking about this stuff in this context is a stark reminder of how silly all this fake sportsing stuff is.

Raw64life

lol. Either Evil was sandbagging him or he was knocked out. Gonna go with the latter. Either way it was terrible idea to give him another knee and OWA after he was very obviously out of it.

Only MARKS kickstart

I kickstarted one thing ever, dropping $15 on a game a fellow gaffer is making. Estimated delivery was May 2014. No release in sight. I'm happy I learned my lesson about kickstarters relatively inexpensively.

Hex

Banned
Meltzer said he was told the reason the space was made was as a precaution.

And why would you cover it up by saying you fucked up? Wouldn't you want the impression to be that you were in total control of the situation? It marred an otherwise impresssive match. Even Meltzer said that botch is why he didn't give it six stars.

Yeah I think I put it badly.
I mean, a botch makes people think that things are still wild west.
When you start faking "botches" to get an "OMG" reaction I would think people will start to think it is all like that.

But all and all it is all set up so *shrug*

I thought for most post shows, most NXT talent stayed around backstage on the Raw and SDs after. It's weird to hear just only one person backstage.

when even someone in your own damn faction insults you...

Gargano is back in Florida according to Twitter, so I think most of the crew left.

I gotta keep things real with you. Trying to keep you from a fall. Well.... another one at least.

Glorious
RAW incoming?

Nah, I think they're SD bound and just hanging out tonight because they are in the same building tomorrow.

I don't kickstart because i've seen how many items fail to live up to exceptions or they don't ever come out. I'd rather give my money to a finished product and not a dream product with fluff.

If I want to see that stuff I'll watch Shark Tank.

Mike Johnson is saying the only NXT person backstage tonight is
Roode

So I'm guessing that Cena will come out, do his typical promo, and then
Roode
will come out and that will set up a feud with
Roode
going over at No Mercy, and then Cena will win the next 2 matches after that. Rendering his push obsolete.

So I'm guessing that Cena will come out, do his typical promo, and then
Roode
will come out and that will set up a feud with
Roode
going over at No Mercy, and then Cena will win the next 2 matches after that. Rendering his push obsolete.

Nah, they think too highly of
Roode
to do that. Cena is in the part of his career where he puts over top guys more often than not (AJ, Nakamura).

Rumor is Cena is working with
Joe
this month.

Draxal

Gargano is back in Florida according to Twitter, so I think most of the crew left.

I gotta keep things real with you. Trying to keep you from a fall. Well.... another one at least.

Nah, I think they're SD bound and just hanging out tonight because they are in the same building tomorrow.

Tbh, I know they are going to have Gargano feud with Ciampa, but it seems like they are going to be in NXT forever.

Hex

Banned
I don't kickstart because i've seen how many items fail to live up to exceptions or they don't ever come out. I'd rather give my money to a finished product and not a dream product with fluff.

If I want to see that stuff I'll watch Shark Tank.

I have kickstarted a few things, received one or two so far.
The problem with kickstarting games now is that you can just play it safe and wait and get it on steam early access or something.

Draxal

I could see him beating Ciampa at Takeover NOLA then coming up after WM. But it's entirely possible they save the final payoff for Takeover Brooklyn IV.

Tbh the build will be great and everything but I worry that the two of them will be another NXT self contained story and flounder on the main roster immediately.

Pikma

Banned

They? But I thought it was just Bobby

I didn't donate to the initial Awesomenauts kickstarter, but after how much fun I had, I donated to both of the DLC kickstarters they did. Money well-spent.

daemissary

I hate being on the West Coast for these post big show Raws because I can't avoid spoilers. And by can't...I mean I don't have the self control.

But seriously, how stupid is it that a live "sporting" event is still tape delayed in 2017? Nitro was literally live on TNT on the west coast in 1995.

Top Bottom