• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

August Wrasslin' |OT| I'M NOT FINISHED WITH YOU-LY

oprah-stare-gifnzafy.gif

Egg0

Banned
They should've fudged her return time table and make it seem like she'll be gone for a while. That could give them an excuse to strip her of the title and have her return sooner on the main roster as a surprise.

WHEN IT COMES CRASHING DOWN AND IT HURTS INSIDE!
FYI for those that don't know, this is referencing Hulk Hogan. Those are the opening lyrics to his entrance theme.

He was fired in disgrace from WWE when a tape of him making inflammatory, racist statements and using ethnic slurs surfaced during his court trial against Gawker.

Foggy

If the plan was to bring her up to the main roster this week and then strip her of the title the same way they did with Paige, then this injury gives them an alternative excuse even if they don't bring her up until she recovers.

That's what I'm saying.

That's fine, I don't care about the "can", I care about the "should".

Foggy

If you care about the should, we're talking about the wrong company because they never do what they should.

Well yeah, that's the general thrust of these conversations. Discussing what's wrong and how simple it would be to do right. It never gets old because they find new and surprising ways to cock things up.

any chance paige returns tonight? or is she not cleared yet?

i'd like something fresh in the raw women's scene that isn't alexa or nia to fight sasha

Word was that her WWE examination wasn't until the end of the month.

So I guess it's technically possible, but unlikely.

Well yeah, that's the general thrust of these conversations. Discussing what's wrong and how simple it would be to do right. It never gets old because they find new and surprising ways to cock things up.

The problem is that the solution here is the simplest. Never bring her or anyone else up ever again.

FYI for those that don't know, this is referencing Hulk Hogan. Those are the opening lyrics to his entrance theme.

He was fired in disgrace from WWE when a tape of him making inflammatory, racist statements and using ethnic slurs surfaced during his court trial against Gawker.

And people are crazy if they think WWE isn't going to bring him back at some point.

And people are crazy if they think WWE isn't going to bring him back at some point.
I took it from the all caps formatting that you feel enough time hasn't passed for Hogan to come out and humble himself before the Universe.

I think it's important to keep in mind that it was Terry Bollea that made those comments, not Hulk Hogan.

I do not think being sloppy is a selling point.

lol

Shit happens in a wrestling ring, man. Ember has exactly zero history of hurting people (other than her just taking a bad bump). If that's being sloppy, then what do you call Naito botching a piledriver off of a table?

Hex

Banned
lol

Shit happens in a wrestling ring, man. Ember has exactly zero history of hurting people (other than her just taking a bad bump). If that's being sloppy, then what do you call Naito botching a piledriver off of a table?

You seriously are the only person left that does not know that it was set up that way.
It was obvious. Meltzer even covered it.
They MOVED THE FUCKING RAIL before the spot, Kenny even adjusted it to make sure.
You seriously did not know this?

If Asuka really is injured, would be pretty crazy considering Asuka injured Ember (for real) awhile ago.

Maybe Ember went into business for herself.

Heroman

Banned
You seriously are the only person left that does not know that it was set up that way.
They MOVED THE FUCKING RAIL before the spot, Kenny even adjusted it to make sure.
It wasn't a set up, it was a botch, big Dave cover it.

Meltzer said the following day that IT WAS NOT A WORK. He had that confirmed to him first-hand.

The post spot was a work. The piledriver was a botch.

Foggy

What? Meltzer said it was a botch. Young Buck probably told him.

Naito slipped on the cloth. I wouldn't call that sloppy though, just an accident.

Top Bottom