• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

August Wrasslin' |OT| starring Bryan Danielson & John Cena in a worked reality show

Ithil

Commentary should not mention it, because it shouldn't be something that needs to be a "thing", no more than they need to announce that John Cena is heterosexual.

jmdajr

Paul Heyman sound board

silo.png

strobogo

Banned
That soundboard thing...a picture of Paul doing an homage to The Alfred Hitchcock show...a few weeks ago, I said they should call him Hitchcockian instead of the walrus shit. Coincidence? I don't know, since they've done numerous late era WCW articles right after I did my reviews.

WHICH ONE OF YOU WORK FOR WWE.COM? WHOSE SIDE ARE YOU ON?

Aiii

So not worth it
Now they know what to chant :|

Also I expect commentary to blunder this somehow, not the crowd.

If only I could control what people chant at WWE shows.

It would be dueling Daniel Bryan and AJ chants for all three hours of the show. FYI.

---
Wrestling legend Kevin Nash went on a Twitter rant about TNA on Thursday morning. Here’s what he said about:

Total Divas & TNA: “Just watched the Totally Diva show for the first time.They played out of order but was a fun watch. When WWE show cases a reality show around Mania how can the TNA show not look weak.I work indy shows every weekend that out draw TNA …sad”

Who Is Responsible For TNA’s Troubles: “Spike has to much control but Dixie gets the heat.”

Chris Sabin As TNA Champion: “GREAT TALENT AND DUDE they will f*ck him in less than 3 months”

Rampage & Tito Ortiz In TNA: “Putting UFC guys in TNA makes less sense then putting TNA guys in UFC”

Why He Worked For TNA: “MONEY MONEY MONEY some people got to have it.”

If He Drew Money While In TNA: “In my account yes.”

What’s Working Against TNA: “WWE has all the money new talent tied up.Good luck TNA they just lost a ton of young talent. That they let go”

What He’d Do If He Had Power In TNA: “Steal Punk or Danielson”

Hulk Hogan & Dixie Carter: “Hulk Hogan will never be a has been.He’s a strong point. Listen to his reaction first time out. Hogan and Dixie are solid storyline wise.She is the owner Hulk is Hulk.If Babe Ruth was alive would we want him to bat cleanup?”

Nebula

If only I could control what people chant at WWE shows.

It would be dueling Daniel Bryan and AJ chants for all three hours of the show. FYI.

---

No man it has to be LETS GO CENA! CENA SUCKS!

Never did like those chants. Basically makes it all about one of the two+ men in the ring. I much prefer positive chants for all participants.

Watching some older Summerslam matches recently and it led me to a most poignant question.
Why are there no gifs of the Rock's death stares? every time someone dares to interfere in one of his matches he glares at them with the intensity of a man whose eyeballs are about to break free from their sockets and it never gets old.

jmdajr

I'm kind of amazed there's still people with CRT televisions in the world.

I'll tell you one thing they last forever. I had to give my HD Trinitron away. It simply would not break/die.

On the other hand, my 58inch Samsung plasma just got replaced after 3 years. (Yay extended warranty)

Aiii

So not worth it
Oh, I read Superman Kingdom Come and Red Son guys.

I still don't really see the appeal of Superman himself, but the comics were pretty damn good none-the-less.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
I'm kind of amazed there's still people with CRT televisions in the world.

Only way to play old video games.

I still have my old HD CRT (XBR960. I don't even know how the hell I'd actually get it out of this place whenever I move. Thing is at least 200 pounds.

atomsk

Party Pooper
I dunno, this whole DYoung thing happening 4 days before Summerslam, WWE issuing a statement of support... while I'm inclined to believe the dude, the timing all seems awful coincidental

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I dunno, this whole DYoung thing happening 4 days before Summerslam, WWE issuing a statement of support... while I'm inclined to believe the dude, the timing all seems awful coincidental

Why would he lie? He doesn't even have a match at Summerslam. He's not involved in an angle. PTP's presence has been wrestling main eventers every so often in 1 on 1 matches.

Aiii

So not worth it

"I SHOULD TOTALLY ORDER SUMMERSLAM NOW THAT THERE IS A GAY GUY IN WWE!"

?

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member

I still don't really see the appeal of Superman himself, but the comics were pretty damn good none-the-less.

That's fair. Kingdom Come was good, but also reminded me that I love Captain Marvel (Shazam) - so I went back and read The Power of Shazam and I absolutely LOVED it. I highly recommend it, it was great. Kinda old-school but really timeless.

I wouldn't be surprised if they had a window encouraged by upper management to leverage it in some way, but I think they could have done far more with it if they wanted.

jmdajr

Why would he lie? He doesn't even have a match at Summerslam. He's not involved in an angle. PTP's presence has been wrestling main eventers every so often in 1 on 1 matches.

Oh I'm sure he's not lying. The only thing people are questioning is if this all happened spontaneous or not.

I think it's good regardless.

Nebula

"I SHOULD TOTALLY ORDER SUMMERSLAM NOW THAT THERE IS A GAY GUY IN WWE!"

?

It's more about getting word out that SummerSlam is happening, or just getting the WWE name spread about in a positive light. This is if DYoung admitting he is gay at this time is in fact some sort of media play.

Superman isn't a good character, but he's great as a plot device. Those are awesome books because Superman is basically just a constant and everything interesting is just happening all around him.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Superman isn't a good character, but he's great as a plot device. Those are awesome books because Superman is basically just a constant and everything interesting is just happening all around him.

Yeah, a lot of great stories have things around him happening and putting it in a different light.

Aiii

So not worth it
Last-minute SummerSlam booking for the PTP in the works?

Natalya is wrestling and was supposed to be on the expert panel with Booker and Shawn Michaels, I reckon they'll put Darren there now.

Wtf, the Bellas don't even look alike there. The one on the right is far hotter.

Da fuck is up with lefties eyebrows?

Don't tell anyone, but they never looked alike. And even less now that one has twice the boobsize.

Toki767

You know what I wish would have caught on? There was one house show where the crowd sang "John Cena sucks" to the tune of Cena's current theme music. It was pretty creative. This was like a few years ago though.

Batigol

Banned
Natalya is wrestling and was supposed to be on the expert panel with Booker and Shawn Michaels, I reckon they'll put Darren there now.

Don't tell anyone, but they never looked alike. And even less now that one has twice the boobsize.

Shit.I didn't notice the boob job either!

Leftie's face is puffier and her eyes look like she was just stung by a bee.

Which one is with Cena?

jmdajr

You know what I wish would have caught on? There was one house show where the crowd sang "John Cena sucks" to the tune of Cena's current theme music. It was pretty creative. This was like a few years ago though.

Heh, I heard this at the sports bar during a ppv.

I was amused.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Think Maria Menounos will wear white again and get another brownout?

Top Bottom