• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 6 - Ricki Lee is awful. Everything else about Australia is AMAZING [Free hugs]

Status
Not open for further replies.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
I saw Kate Miller Heidke on Spicks and Specks ages ago and her stupid faux cutesy shtick got old, fast.

Jintor

You don't own a DS or DS Lite? In any case, I'll let you play it next time you're here on my Mario iQue DS Lite. A Japanese game on a Chinese system for the ultimate import experience.

My lite's top screen is wrecked :T

Kritz, tell me about this Arma Zombie mod

Dead Man

I saw Kate Miller Heidke on Spicks and Specks ages ago and her stupid faux cutesy shtick got old, fast.
Lots of that going around the music industry these days.

Would you prefer Hockey as treasurer? Clive Palmer as member for Lilley? But he is a schmarmy bastard yes, do you really think he's worse than others though? He seems pretty standard pollie to me

Edit: aw man Maurice Sendak died. Not a good week for awesome people

Motherfucker. Shit sucks.

You're like a unicorn!

Was the where the wild things are spike jonze film any good?
No. Well, it was a good film if the book didn't exist, or wasn't a childrens book.

legend166

lol:

Left foot in: government wows business by announcing it will use the revenue from its mining tax to fund, among other things, a reduction in the company tax rate of 1 percentage point, in line with Henry's recommendation that the corporate tax rate should, in the longer term, be reduced from 30 per cent to 25 per cent.

Left foot out: government axes the tax cut because it can't find the numbers in Parliament to pass it, delivering savings of $4.8 billion over four years.

Left foot in: government wows taxpayers by promising a standard deduction for expenses come tax time. Mums and dads will be freed of the hassle of keeping receipts, giving them more time to play with their children in parks etc.

Left foot out: Scrap that. Save yourself $2.1 billion over four years.

Left foot in: wow savers by announcing a discount on interest earned on bank deposits. Sell it as part of Ken Henry's plan to level the skewed tax treatment of investments - property, shares and savings. Win praise from banks who say it will help them source domestic
deposits and ease funding pressures.

Left foot out: Scrap that. Save yourself $920 million.

Left foot in: delight those approaching retirement by announcing you will increase the concessional cap on superannuation contributions for those with balances less than $500,000 from $25,000 to $50,000.

Left foot out: Scrap that.

Left foot in: Announce, to the delight of national security-conscious voters, that you will increase defence spending each year.

Left foot out: Scrap that. Find savings of $5.4 billion over four years.

Left foot in: Become a friend to the poor by announcing you'll increase the foreign aid budget to 0.5 per cent of gross national income.

Left foot out: Defer that. Save $2.9 billion.

Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/business/fede...aires-flair-20120508-1ybk0.html#ixzz1uJfFqIdS

OzGameShop just gave everyone a free $5 coupon too. Fuckers knew I was holding off on buying some things, I can't quit you guys.

As someone commented on GOG, no OST (which sucks, but shouldn't be too hard to find anyway) but for the price, a damn steal.
$15 on Steam as well! Maybe the GOG edition will have a Steamworks key as well, not sure.

Also American Nightmare is up for pre-order on Steam and GOG!!!! Fuck yes, so glad I didn't buy it on Xbox. $11.25 pre-order.

At least the SA lotto money goes to hospitals and small businesses...
You sound like the gaming industry.

Was the where the wild things are spike jonze film any good?
I wouldn't recommend it. Was a good movie but I don't think it was worth watching.

Aon

Woo new Hammer GUI.

Took me 22 minutes to get up to scratch with the UI and remake the first chamber I ever made in hammer.

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=68497865

Probably not worth playing, doesn't have much a 'puzzle' and the most frustrating failure state you can imagine. I didn't check to see if you could tweak the jumper speed, which is how I alleviated the problem in Hammer.

Probably not worth playing, just wanted to show off how on ball I am like a chump xD

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
Legend. Has uBank dropped to 5.51%? I thought it was at like 6.01% and we raged about it?

I honestly haven't paid any attention to my savings account and the rate it has been at. As long as the money was in there I was happy.

I wonder if anyone is better than 5.51% at the moment. Might transfer that across.

legend166

Legend. Has uBank dropped to 5.51%? I thought it was at like 6.01% and we raged about it?

I honestly haven't paid any attention to my savings account and the rate it has been at. As long as the money was in there I was happy.

I wonder if anyone is better than 5.51% at the moment. Might transfer that across.

It was 6.01%.

Now with last weeks rate cut, it's 5.51%.

It's only going to get worse. Sigh.

markot

Banned
It was 6.01%.

Now with last weeks rate cut, it's 5.51%.

It's only going to get worse. Sigh.

Keating_Paul_BANNER.jpg

Miss me yet?!

Choc

Banned
i agree with Swan that there was no point putting the 1% cut to business in the budget when TA and Greens said they would block it

its called playing politics, but it would have been a waste of time. It also makes Tony and Milne look ilke fuckwits

edit: also a tidbit everyone missed in last nights budget. The government scrapped the plan they had to allow teh first $1000 of interest on bank accounts per year to accrue lower rate of tax

you guys with savings only do realise you are getting fucking reamed by the tax man? 48.5% on interest you get paid. It's the worst performing asset class around (but obviously teh safest)

Card Boy

Banned
Anyone have Mortal Kombat (2011) on PS3? My Komplete Edition should be arriving this week or by Tuesday next week if it doesn't make it by Friday.

We should organize some games.

And I just deleted the email. Will teach me for not opening it I suppose.
It is automatically add to your points in your account anyway so next time you buy something, at the checkout, select to use up some rewards points and it will take off $5 of the order instantly! Much better than those stupid reward systems where you have to wait for them to approve the voucher.

Heh, I rarely have more than 3 figures in my savings account so I have no idea what interest is in there. Means I won't get taxed on it at least! I think the Commonwealth have a pretty good rate, I'm with NAB.

Your lot should be pleased, it's the biggest cut to government spending ever! While Labor supporters should be annoyed at all the spending cuts, especially the savings account one. What a fun day to be non partisan.
Nah apparently the budget is all made up anyway according to what the Libs were saying last night. I get the impression Swan just randomised the last budget and printed it out again. The nightly news is great at informing me of the truth.

Damn. Have you looked around to see if anyone else is keeping them high? I will never hit my goal at this rate D:
Invest that shit!
Buy yourself a ton of merchandise and flip it for a profit.
Buy a cheap block of vacant land somewhere and sell it to developers in a few years time or chuck a house on it in ten years time.

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
you guys with savings only do realise you are getting fucking reamed by the tax man? 48.5% on interest you get paid. It's the worst performing asset class around (but obviously teh safest)

Yea. I had to pay tax last year because of the interest earned. I managed to get out of it by making shit up and claiming it back.

This year could be a little harder since i've earned more interest, however that could be incorrect since rates have been going down. Time will tell I guess.

Choc

Banned
the biggest hit on the rich is termination golden handshakes

past 180,000 they are now taxed 45%

and so they fucking should be. if you are some fuckwit banker who is getting 8 million just for leaving

thanks, the government will have some of that because you clearly dont need all that money

I saw her perform a really weird version of Talking Heads' Psycho Killer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TL8wHn0QHIc

It's good, but yeah.

OzGameShop just gave everyone a free $5 coupon too. Fuckers knew I was holding off on buying some things, I can't quit you guys.

Didn't give me one. ;_; Least I didn't get an email

So after a long lay off, I think I'll be rejoining the ranks of PC gamers (via a laptop) to take on Diablo 3.

Just how badly is this likely to affect my relationship with my wife and young children?

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
So after a long lay off, I think I'll be rejoining the ranks of PC gamers (via a laptop) to take on Diablo 3.

Just how badly is this likely to affect my relationship with my wife and young children?

It will be ugly.

I put more time into the open beta weekend than I have any game in the last 12 months.. bar skyrim and pokemon white (and i clocked about 55 hours in xenoblade...)

You have 950 Player Points

i guess is not for everyone
Huh, strange. This is what was in the email. Points have already been added, they also added a place to enter your birthday so I assume they will give out some points as a birthday gift kind of thing (which would be nice since I am now almost to the $10 voucher!).

main.png

(BTW my company blocks me from uploading images to file hosting sites like Abload and Imgur, WTF guys come on. Pops up a little sign in box. Fuck you computer, I'm on my lunchbreak I will do what I want)

Should be okay as long as you buy 2 more laptops and 2 more copies of the game!

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
There's this young girl on my bus who is everything I want in looks. She probably isn't classified as hot by social standards but dammit she is short and beyond cute, just what I love.

Shame I'm not 20 years old studying something important at Uni where my hopes and dreams live or die. I would have hit on that ages ago if I could.

I decided not to listen to music this morning on the train and I was surprised by how quiet it actually was. Figured I would give my ears a rest.

Im thinking of going out for dinner after physio, something quick and easy, nothing too fancy. Anyone have any favourite little places in the city?

I'm glad Alan wake is out on gog, I can't see me buying it since I'm too scared. If they continue to get new games that are drm free then count me in.

There's this young girl on my bus who is everything I want in looks. She probably isn't classified as hot by social standards but dammit she is short and beyond cute, just what I love.

Shame I'm not 20 years old studying something important at Uni where my hopes and dreams live or die. I would have hit on that ages ago if I could.

What is wrong with trying to hit on that now? You're not 50.

I decided not to listen to music this morning on the train and I was surprised by how quiet it actually was. Figured I would give my ears a rest.

My train is always always loud. It's hella annoying. Headphones are a must

magenta

the biggest hit on the rich is termination golden handshakes

past 180,000 they are now taxed 45%

and so they fucking should be. if you are some fuckwit banker who is getting 8 million just for leaving

thanks, the government will have some of that because you clearly dont need all that money

I am not well versed in finance but wouldn't they just changed the way they get the golden handshake into something else, from cash to stock options? Or is that taxed too?

Choc

Banned
I am not well versed in finance but wouldn't they just changed the way they get the golden handshake into something else, from cash to stock options? Or is that taxed too?

that loophole is covered by the Employee Share Scheme legislation

so yes they could do that, but nope, it wont get them out of it.

Card Boy

Banned
I know most other people didn't find it scary but Dead Space has its moments. I can only play it in 1hr sessions. I'm using headphones which adds to it.

E3 isn't a mystery any more. Everything is hyped before E3 even hits now.

I know most other people didn't find it scary but Dead Space has its moments. I can only play it in 1hr sessions. I'm using headphones which adds to it.
Same here. When I played it on PC I needed to have someone in the room with me to avoid jumping up and dislodging my monitor. Some fantastic atmosphere in that game.

I'm glad Alan wake is out on gog, I can't see me buying it since I'm too scared. If they continue to get new games that are drm free then count me in.
I didn't find it scary at all to be honest. You think it will be scary to start with but never really amps up, it musical sting and the crazy Taken appearances never change and you really only get attacked by the same 3 guys throughout the whole damn thing so by the end of the 2nd chapter the combat becomes really pedestrian and no longer un-nerving, let alone scary. The first chapter though did have me on edge whenever the ambient music switched up to let me know a Taken was going to flash into existence somewhere.

Once you get used to the Boost Flashlight -> 3 Quickfired Bullets system it becomes a breeze since they don't mob you.

The combat sucks! is what I am trying to say.

Very meaty game though, fairly long by todays standards and the last 3 chapters are leagues ahead of the meh first 2 chapters.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom