• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Australian Open 2017 OT

Status
Not open for further replies.
I haven't followed Tennis for the past 2/3 years. How did Federer drop so low in the rankings ? Did he take a break ?

Also I feel so nostalgic right now watching these 2 legends battling it out. I don't think I'm the only one.

Injuries. He hasn't hit a ball in anger since his SF loss against Raonic at Wimbledon last year. It's what makes this all the more incredible, dude is on the brink of winning the Aus. Open and his last match was in the summer.

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
Nadal started playing really differently in the last game or two of the second set and it just isn't working out for him. I think he must be tiring - I don't see why he'd still be trying to hit his forehand flat when Federer is taking it early so well unless he didn't have the power to hit it with enough topspin. This might be a quick fourth set finish.

Slaythe

And there we have it. Fed fans you can now come out from behind the couch and enjoy this final a little more. I'll be behind it with all the Nadal fans watching it in horror.

Ahah you're so cute and adorable.

You think us Fed fans haven't forgotten all the times he choked despite having 2 sets in ?

Never.

I'm gonna start enjoying this when he is on match point. (and even then)

Mimosa97

He got hurt after the AO last year. Didn't play too many events. After Wimbledon he took the rest of the year off.

Injuries. He hasn't hit a ball in anger since his SF loss against Raonic at Wimbledon last year. It's what makes this all the more incredible, dude is on the brink of winning the Aus. Open and his last match was in the summer.

Wow ... I didn't know it was that bad.

Holy fucking shit what a comeback !

Well, not in my wildest dreams I expected a 2-1 by now to Fed... Much less a 6-1 and a tennis lesson for the whole world and Nadal in the third set. I hope he wins, Nadal will get more chances in the future.

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
Nadal's too tired. He's hiding it, but his play is designed around it right now. Think this is over.

Nadal's too tired. He's hiding it, but his play is designed around it right now. Think this is over.

Yeah, I think it's been obvious since the start of the third set, dude is very tired. I don't think it's over, because if Fed goes off the boil and Nadal gets a break, it's amazing what that can do for you. However, he needs a second wind pretty soon.

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
There's so little depth on Nadal's shots, unreal.

It's a shame to see this match slide this way. It was high quality toward the end of the first set and throughout the second, but this is just a bit limp.

Ahah you're so cute and adorable.

You think us Fed fans haven't forgotten all the times he choked despite having 2 sets in ?

Never.

I'm gonna start enjoying this when he is on match point. (and even then)

Oh, as a Murray fan, I know that feeling. Djokovic owns his soul and not until it's done and dusted and he's holding the trophy am I convinced that Murray can beat him.

Still, everything is there for Fed to win this. Nadal looking a bit laboured, the court's playing nice and fast and, at the moment, Fed breezing through his service games. But, dammit, man, I want that fifth set.

Slaythe

Oh, as a Murray fan, I know that feeling. Djokovic owns his soul and not until it's done and dusted and he's holding the trophy am I convinced that Murray can beat him.

Still, everything is there for Fed to win this. Nadal looking a bit laboured, the court's playing nice and fast and, at the moment, Fed breezing through his service games. But, dammit, man, I want that fifth set.

But Nadal HAS done it before.

Let Fed go ahead, then destroy him forever afterwards. =(

I am not gonna feel relaxed until we're 2 breaks ahead.

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
Terrible UE and bizarre shank for Federer. Letting Nadal back in unnecessarily.

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
lol total meltdown from Federer. Nadal shouldn't have won any of those four points, at all

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom