• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Australian Open 2017 OT

Status
Not open for further replies.

Slaythe

It's like Federer specifically trained to fuck Nadal.

But it's not like he could expect Nadal to be back on top like this so... it's sick.

I think the fact that Nadal has lost a bit of speed has taken some of the potency out of his attack on the Federer backhand. He's been caught off guard by so many good backhand returns this set.

Kensuke

Oh man, Federer is hot shit right now. This set is done. I'm sure Nadal can recover just like Fed did for the new set, but this is a good development.

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
Nadal's decision to flatten out isn't working. Really needs to go back to hitting the big spin.

JBwB

In their previous match ups it was usually Federer that was under pressure and Nadal was the one applying it.

It's so surreal what we're seeing at the moment.

Fed looking like a different player here. Normally after that second set he would have rolled over easily by Nadal. Question is can he keep it up? The first couple of games in the 4th set may well decide the match.

Dispatch

Fed looking like a different player here. Normally after that second set he would have rolled over easily by Nadal. Question is can he keep it up? The first couple of games in the 4th set may well decide the match.

Yes, it will determine at least the length of the match. Nadal might dig deep and blitz Fed like he did in the second set.

Mimosa97

I haven't followed Tennis for the past 2/3 years. How did Federer drop so low in the rankings ? Did he take a break ?

Also I feel so nostalgic right now watching these 2 legends battling it out. I don't think I'm the only one.

And there we have it. Fed fans you can now come out from behind the couch and enjoy this final a little more. I'll be behind it with all the Nadal fans watching it in horror.

Niraj

I shot people I like more for less.
One more set Roger! Just one more!

I haven't followed Tennis for the past 2/3 years. How did Federer drop so low in the rankings ? Did he take a break ?

Also I feel so nostalgic right now watching these 2 legends battling it out. I don't think I'm the only one.

He got hurt after the AO last year. Didn't play too many events. After Wimbledon he took the rest of the year off.

JBwB

He was out of the tour for 6 months due to his knee.

jett

D-Member
This is the first time in my life I'm kinda rooting for Federer over Nadal.

I don't know why this is happening.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom