• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Awesome Games Done Quick 2015: Speedrunning For Charity - January 4th - 10th

jFORbhB.jpg

A moment's struggle, longer than eternity

Vorpal

I'm glad AGDQ is showing this game off. In general I feel that a lot of speedrunners would be interested in arcade game mastery but you don't really see signs of that in the streams. Maybe it's because arcade games tend to be way more challenging and generally "locked down" where speedruns are often more bug exhibitions? I don't know, I don't follow speedrunning very closely.

There was a small block of arcade games in the schedule earlier today (Violent Storm, Battletoads, Alien vs Predator) and now this, so there's some interest. Might be an issue with ease of access, though, since most runners seem to play on native hardware rather than emulation, especially during an event.

Tain

Arcade games don't lend themselves to speedrunning simply to the difficulty of obtaining original hardware to allow yourself to practice enough. Emulation is useful for practice, but pretty much never considered for an official WR.

Aaaah yeah, I did forget about the real hardware factor. Understandable, but a shame.

is there any reason twitch would be buffering after 30 seconds on mobile quality but youtube loads full quality videos instantly? Not simultaneously obviously.

Top Bottom