• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Back to the Future the Game |OT| James Rolfe Hates Manure!

Snaku

Banned
kdoNI.gif

J6fCo.png

http://www.telltalegames.com/bttf

Six months after the events of the third film, the DeLorean Time Machine mysteriously returns to Hill Valley - driverless! Marty must go back in time and get aid from a resistant teenage Emmett Brown, or else the space time continuum will forever be unraveled!

Episode 1: It's About Time
PC/Mac: 12.22.10 | PS3: 2.15.11 | iPad: 2.17.11
Trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3blzGwd4xLg

Episode 2: Get Tannen
PC/Mac: 2.16.11 | PS3: 3.29.11 | iPad: 4.20.11
Trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nHdgbtWRJGg

Episode 3: Citizen Brown
PC/Mac: 3.29.11 | PS3: 5.3.11 | iPad: 5.26.11
Trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SfZX0dmoyLI

Episode 4: Double Visions
PC/Mac: 4.29.11 | PS3: 6.7.11 | iPad: 6.2.11
Trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lcbk481WRUU

Episode 5: OUTATIME
PC/Mac: 6.23.11 | PS3: TBA | iPad: TBA
Trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fSKnPyf9KFg

ag5bW.jpg

7rIdv.jpg

EgvG8.jpg

N3Lvd.jpg

F2fHK.gif

I ordered this because I can't say no to BTTF

for people who have bought things from telltale before like this, around when does that collector's dvd become available?

Linkzg said:
I ordered this because I can't say no to BTTF

for people who have bought things from telltale before like this, around when does that collector's dvd become available?
Well the Sam & Max's third season collector DVDs are just now starting to be sent out. So that's two or three months after the season has ended, right?

I'm so ready for episode one tomorrow. Between BTTF, Steam's sale, GOG's sale and Cataclysm my consoles aren't being played much right now. :lol

Also hoping that TT releases a Steam code for their direct sales customers...

It occurs to me (mostly cause BTTF II was on tv today) but shouldn't the hoverboard be in this? Doc had it when he rescues Clara at the end of III so it should be with his stuff.

Snaku

Banned
a Master Ninja said:
Going by the trailer:

Episode 2: Get Tannen
PC: February

Episode 3: Citizen Brown
PC: March

Episode 4: Double Visions
PC: April

Yeah, was throwing this together before bed seeing as how nobody had bothered to, and went a little copy paste crazy.

B.K.

Henchmen21 said:
It occurs to me (mostly cause BTTF II was on tv today) but shouldn't the hoverboard be in this? Doc had it when he rescues Clara at the end of III so it should be with his stuff.

Maybe Doc destroyed it while reverse engineering it to make his own hover system for the train.

celebi23

B.K. said:
Maybe Doc destroyed it while reverse engineering it to make his own hover system for the train.

I thought Doc said to Marty (at the end of BTTF 3) that he already went to 2015? Couldn't Doc just have gotten the hover conversion then? :lol Anyhoo, I'm pumped for this. For awhil, I've waited for a BTTF resurgence. One of my favorite trilogies :D

Bebpo

Banned
I get the feeling this thread will be pretty empty since Telltale gave the game away for free but you have to wait until Feb to play it.

I'm still debating whether to wait it out, pick up the first ep, or pick up the full season. I like Telltale stuff but it's always like $10 for the entire season 6 months later, so if you're not going to get to it day 1 it usually seems better to wait for the price drop.

Medalion

Banned
Wow, the voice actors sound very close to the originals... is the voice of Doc Brown actually being voiced by Chris Lloyd?

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Ugh, I'm busy all tomorrow and Thursday. It's going to be hard waiting until Friday to finally dig in. I plan on doing the episode in one sitting for sure.

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
I can't believe this is only a few hours away from release.

stupei

When does stuff usually go up on Telltale's site? Never purchased from them directly before.

I fly to see family for the holidays today, so I'd like to have it on my laptop to play at the airport, if possible. Would make travel way more bearable. :D

kiryogi

Banned
After seeing the msg about my free ep1 being feb, I ended up getting the full set. Couldn't help myself :lol I love BttF and wanted the collector's DVD.

numble

Does anyone know the Mac system requirements, or if Telltale has said anything about their iPad development team (I've heard that their previous iPad ports were poor)?

Peff

Heh, I was going to do it yesterday but I had no clue if someone had actually called dibs for it. Oh, well, I hope it's released soon. Hype :D!

EDIT: Official requirements:

PC:
Minimum Specs
Processor: 1.8 GHz Pentium 4 or equivalent
Memory: 2 GB RAM
Video Card: ATI or NVidia card w/ 256 MB RAM
Direct X: Direct X 9.0c
Audio card required

Recommended Specs
Processor: 2.0 GHz Pentium 4 or equivalent
Memory: 3 GB RAM
Video Card: ATI or NVidia card w/ 512 MB RAM
Direct X: Direct X 9.0c
Audio card required

Mac:
Minimum Specs
Processor: 2.0 Ghz Intel or equivalent
Video Card: 256 MB NVidia or ATI graphics card
Not recommended for Mac Minis or early-generation MacBooks

Recommended Specs
Processor: 2.3 Ghz Intel or equivalent
Memory: 4 GB RAM
Video Card: 512 MB NVidia or ATI graphics card

Also, the game will be dubbed and subbed in German and subbed in French, but I'm not sure if these will be available right at launch.

Backflip

I'd love it if they'd get the French voice actors from the movies to do the voices in the game. Even though I speak English, those voices have always been linked to BTTF in my head. I've never even watched any of the three movies in English.

ArjanN

Backflip said:
I'd love it if they'd get the French voice actors from the movies to do the voices in the game. Even though I speak English, those voices have always been linked to BTTF in my head. I've never even watched any of the three movies in English.

You should really watch the movies in their original language. 99.9% of the time, they'll be better that way.

It baffles me that countries like France and Germany still dub over movies.

numble

ArjanN said:
You should really watch the movies in their original language. 99.9% of the time, they'll be better that way.

Yeah, also BTTF has some English word jokes that I don't think translate to other languages.

"This is heavy."

"Frisbee! Far out..."
"It was right in front of him!"
(Two english jokes there!)

"Make like a tree and get out!"

And more...

Dizzy-4U

Backflip said:
Yeah, same here but in Spanish. Though, most of the them are probably already retired...

Anyways, buying it as soon as it hits steam.

Backflip

ArjanN said:

That's what I always do (I don't even use subtitles). It's just that the BTTF movies are movies that I watched a lot as a kid and I didn't speak English back then. It's a nostalgia thing.

And you wouldn't believe how many people HATE to read subtitles. That's why they keep dubbing over movies.

numble said:
Yeah, also BTTF has some English word jokes that I don't think translate to other languages.

"This is heavy."

"Frisbee! Far out..."
"It was right in front of him!"
(Two english jokes there!)

"Make like a tree and get out!"

And more...

I've watched bits and pieces of the movies in English over the years and I must say that the French translators most of the time managed to find jokes that fit pretty well in the movies.

Ledsen

Backflip said:
That's what I always do (I don't even use subtitles). It's just that the BTTF movies are movies that I watched a lot as a kid and I didn't speak English back then. It's a nostalgia thing.

And you wouldn't believe how many people HATE to read subtitles. That's why they keep dubbing over movies.

They keep doing it because they've always been doing it and people are used to dubs, that's all. Here in Sweden people have no problem reading subtitles, and only kids movies are dubbed. It'd be the same in France/Germany/Spain if the languages weren't as widely used. The biggest problem with dubs is that people who don't hear/see spoken/written English are a lot worse at speaking/writing it themselves. Spanish people (like my relatives) are horrible at English compared to many other Europeans :(

JohngPR

Mac:
Minimum Specs
Processor: 2.0 Ghz Intel or equivalent
Video Card: 256 MB NVidia or ATI graphics card

FUCK, I still have Mac OSX Leopard. :(

Anyone know how Snow Leopard is these days? Looks like I'll need to upgrade.

FoneBone

Peff said:
Heh, I was going to do it yesterday but I had no clue if someone had actually called dibs for it. Oh, well, I hope it's released soon. Hype :D!

EDIT: Official requirements:
256MB minimum? That's surprisingly high for Telltale. Ah well, not like my laptop can't handle it.

Playing through the entire episode when I get home this evening. I've been anticipating this a bit too much since I saw Marty's voice actor interview.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
stuminus3 said:
:lol

I didn't think we had any mileage left in referencing this game with classic BttF quotes, but WHOOMP! There it is!

And then you throw in some Tag Team :lol :lol :lol

Top Bottom