• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Back to the Future the Game |OT| James Rolfe Hates Manure!

JohngPR said:
Does anyone know if we'll be able to DL the Mac and PC version?n
Reason I ask is because I ordered SNow Leopard but I'm an impatient bastard and want to at least play it a little bit before it arrives in the mail.

:D
You should be able to. Both links show up with Telltale stuff.

Vitet

Willy105 said:
I hope they have excellent cliffhangers to make you want to buy the next game.

Back to the Future 2 had one of the absolutely greatest cliffhangers I have ever seen. Never has a sequel having the same ending as the first one seemed so mindblowing and brilliant.

A letter? For me? That's impossible!

Celine

It's up.
You can choose between english and german ( a first for Telltale ? ).

Too bad I need to work tonight :-\

FoneBone

LovingSteam said:
If there are any Telltale employees who are GAFers, perhaps they can let us know if the Steam release will be today or in the next few days.
It's already confirmed on the forums that it will be today.

DangerStepp

I heard somewhere the first episode was going to be offered for free? I think that may have been a promotional of sorts.

Will buy as soon as I get home. Looks amazing!

Revolutionary said:
Ughhh and now the wait for Steam. I predict 11:59PM PST.

My question is how will we even know since it won't be on the main page as the new release section is down to the holiday sale. Basically, just have to search for it manually throughout the day.

Bankoiia

DangerStepp said:
I heard somewhere the first episode was going to be offered for free? I think that may have been a promotional of sorts.

Will buy as soon as I get home. Looks amazing!
Yeah, it was only being offered temporarily for people who signed up for it. They will send out the free episode when episode two is out, sometime in February.

Hm, so will Steam have the episodes available individually? Want to buy this for the significant other who loves BTTF, but not huge into games.

Bankoiia said:
Yeah, it was only being offered temporarily for people who signed up for it. They will send out the free episode when episode two is out, sometime in February.
Wait seriously I thought it was day one, dang it! I think I will wait for the Giant Bomb Quicklook and see how it looks ect.

Chesskid1

Banned

downloaded it from here
signed in to my telltale account which has free episode 1 in "february"

76327323.jpg

and it worked! :D

epmode

This launcher is weird. I downloaded the file straight from the Telltale site, ran the bttf_101_setup.exe file. UAC asked for permission and it installed properly.

However, if I run the launcher from my regular account, it tries to redownload the entire game even though it's already installed. If I right-click the EXE and run as administrator, the game will start. Sigh, PC games.

edit: In fact, the game won't launch at all unless I run it as administrator. This is the only Telltale game to behave like this and it's making me crazy.

Bebpo

Banned
epmode said:
This launcher is weird. I downloaded the file straight from the Telltale site, ran the bttf_101_setup.exe file. UAC asked for permission and it installed properly.

However, if I run the launcher from my regular account, it tries to redownload the entire game even though it's already installed. If I right-click the EXE and run as administrator, the game will start. Sigh, PC games.

Same problem, it's redownloading now.

Plus the launcher doesn't save my telltale account email/password so I have to look it up everytime :/

Bebpo

Banned
Ok the launcher is broken. It tries to re-download and then re-install and then freaks during the re-install because it's already running.

bleh.

epmode

Why change a launcher that already WORKS. Between this and Stranger's Wrath, I'm ready to get out of here and do something constructive!

thefro

I had issues with the launcher too.... definitely something they need to fix.

Opening of the game is AMAZING... Telltale's really stepped it's game up. :D

epmode

It's definitely an issue with UAC/administrator accounts. If you're having this problem, do this:

Run the installer that you downloaded from Telltale. Once it's installed, find the file BackToTheFuture101.exe. It should be in the folder you chose during installation. Right-click it, go to Properties, then Compatibility, check Run this program as an administrator, OK.

You'll have to grant UAC permission every time you run the game but at least it'll work. Pls fix, Telltale!

Chesskid1 said:
downloaded it from here
signed in to my telltale account which has free episode 1 in "february"

http://img574.imageshack.us/img574/5818/76327323.jpg[IMG]

and it worked! :D[/QUOTE]
Holy crap it does work!

This'll tide me over until it's released on Steam. :lol

I've only played through the intro but I'm loving what I'm seeing so far.

kiryogi

Banned
Intro is absolutely amazing. Being such a big BttF fan, I absolutely approve. Only thing though, I really wish they did have the original actors. At least we have Lloyd. Will play more later when I get home.

epmode

I like the new graphic options screen! It's nice to see that they're allowing us to individually tweak AA and shadows!

I still don't like the click and drag to move control scheme but I guess I'm already used to it from their other stuff.

edit: There's no 360 pad support? Strange. The game is clearly designed with a pad in mind and Sam and Max S3 used it.

kiryogi said:
Intro is absolutely amazing. Being such a big BttF fan, I absolutely approve. Only thing though, I really wish they did have the original actors. At least we have Lloyd. Will play more later when I get home.

Yea but the VA for Marty is pretty convincing, I honestly thought it was MJ Fox at first...I completely understand why we don't have him as part of the project.

kiryogi

Banned
INDIGO_CYCLOPS said:
Yea but the VA for Marty is pretty convincing, I honestly thought it was MJ Fox at first...I completely understand why we don't have him as part of the project.
Actually I shoulda mentioned that. Marty is great, but Lorraine and Biff seem off.

epmode

So what's up with the MASSIVE hint box that's always in the upper left corner? I turned off hints in the options screen. The Goals Pop Up option is also off. It's a little distracting!

Does it ever go away for good?

Top Bottom