• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Back to the Future the Game |OT| James Rolfe Hates Manure!

Danj

CoachKevin said:
I thought this was out today at noon EST?

I NEED BTTF: THE GAME!!!

I thought it was 9am PST. But either way it ought to have been up by now :/ this is some Valve Time shit right here...

the last thing i want on this game is some asshole's voice playing in my head about what they liked or didn't like. that ruins so many games for me, even if they are good.

Danj said:
I thought it was 9am PST. But either way it ought to have been up by now :/ this is some Valve Time shit right here...
All Telltale said was "during business hours", so they have several more hours to go within their stated window.

the-iek

Dizzy-4U said:
The pre-order price on the Telltale website, is that for the entire season?
Yup. You'll also get the game on DVD for free except for shipping after the season ends when buying the whole set.

Dizzy-4U

the-iek said:
Yup. You'll also get the game on DVD for free except for shipping after the season ends when buying the whole set.
WHAT???? And I was ready to pay that for the first episode only. It's a steal!!!

Peff

Puzzle Agent was delayed because of the Summer Sales on Steam, so it may be the case here. That or it'll be released as a deal, I guess. It's not up on Telltale's site yet either.

Bebpo said:
I get the feeling this thread will be pretty empty since Telltale gave the game away for free but you have to wait until Feb to play it.

I'm still debating whether to wait it out, pick up the first ep, or pick up the full season. I like Telltale stuff but it's always like $10 for the entire season 6 months later, so if you're not going to get to it day 1 it usually seems better to wait for the price drop.

I was thinking the same but at the end of the day it's Back to the Future. I've rebought the movies on every format I could. The first is my favorite movie and the series my favorite series. Plus, I justify it by saying I spent a dollar on charity.

would be funny if there is a steam sale right off the bat. but I did also do it for the collector's dvd. again, nutty about bttf.

Cartman86

Banned
Argg do I wait for steam version in the hopes that will be out soon or just go with Telltale site version. I really like having all my games on one source :(

Shahadan

Backflip said:
I've watched bits and pieces of the movies in English over the years and I must say that the French translators most of the time managed to find jokes that fit pretty well in the movies.

The French translation is awesome. Voices are so good.
Interestingly, over the past 3 days a french tv channel aired the movies every afternoon, concluding today, just in time :D

My body is now totally ready.

Cartman86 said:
Argg do I wait for steam version in the hopes that will be out soon or just go with Telltale site version. I really like having all my games on one source :(
recently their games have been activatable on Steam. hopefully this one will be the same.

NeoNess said:
I was hoping the PS3 version would be out before 2011. Any word on the release date other than "TBD" ? :|

I remember hearing early 2011 (my personal guess is January for iOS and PSN)

Brashnir

plagiarize said:
Sam and Max Season 3 and Telltale Poker were activateable on steam day one, yeah. shame this one won't be. wonder why that is?

because they don't want my money, apparently.

Danj

its_about_time_icon.png

The icon for It's About Time is up, but still no download link :(

Sciz

plagiarize said:
Sam and Max Season 3 and Telltale Poker were activateable on steam day one, yeah. shame this one won't be. wonder why that is?
Sam & Max originally wasn't until they offered the TF2 gear for preordering from Steam. People who'd already preordered from Telltale were unsurprisingly annoyed, so Valve and Telltale worked it out to get those people the items as well, the easiest way to do it apparently being to just hand out unlock codes for the season. Poker Night was loaded with TF2 items as part of the game, and thus needed to be attached to a Steam account by default.

They're big fans of each other, but they do have individual business interests to watch out for.

celebi23

Looks like it's coming soon. The main site isn't loading and any other pages on the site have an "Under Construction" image.

I hope they put it soon in steam, pretty please.

ArjanN said:
You should really watch the movies in their original language. 99.9% of the time, they'll be better that way.

It baffles me that countries like France and Germany still dub over movies.

Because people like to hear movies, series and videogames in their own language?

Come on! I love to see original versions of the movies and series, but I also love when a movie has a great dub.

Im going to talk about spain, but here we have excellent dubbing actors, and when the movie or series is dub good... well is magnificent to hear.

And yeah, BTTF was very well dubbed here, its really great. And I have seen the movies in their original versions also, taht are also great.

Who gives a shit if its dub, you always have the possibility to watch the movie or series in this day how you want.
For example, the it crowd has a horrible dub, so a I watch it in english. Disney movies and series (I cant imagine how much had the dub of House of Mouse cost them hear), movies with bruce willis, de niro, some series like Chuck, old Simpsons or Futurama... they have FANTASTIC dubs. I like to hear them in their original versions, but I also love to hear them in spanish. For example I watch Chuck first in english, and then when it arrives here, I watch it again in spanish. Get the best of both worlds.

And the jokes are not usually a problem if the dubbing director does a good job.

Bebpo

Banned
Linkzg said:
I was thinking the same but at the end of the day it's Back to the Future. I've rebought the movies on every format I could. The first is my favorite movie and the series my favorite series. Plus, I justify it by saying I spent a dollar on charity.

would be funny if there is a steam sale right off the bat. but I did also do it for the collector's dvd. again, nutty about bttf.

Yeah I buy all my Telltale games on Telltale Store for the collectors dvd at the end. I am a physical copy fan.

Ended up buying the season. Might never get around to playing the rest of the eps like Wallace and Gromit, Tales of Monkey Island, and Sam & Max S3, but I don't mind supporting Telltale since they are keeping one of my favorite genre alive even though imo they've yet to make an adventure game that lives up to the classics.

celebi23

Peff said:
Nah, it usually happens when a season starts. Hopefully it won't degenerate into Tales of Monkey Island levels.

Ah, didn't realize TTG took down the site during past season starts. Good news I guess. Can't wait for this game :D

WillyFive

I hope they have excellent cliffhangers to make you want to buy the next game.

Back to the Future 2 had one of the absolutely greatest cliffhangers I have ever seen. Never has a sequel having the same ending as the first one seemed so mindblowing and brilliant.

JohngPR

Does anyone know if we'll be able to DL the Mac and PC version?n
Reason I ask is because I ordered SNow Leopard but I'm an impatient bastard and want to at least play it a little bit before it arrives in the mail.

:D

Top Bottom