• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Back when Nintendo was King [56k = death by gigantic images]

shuri

Banned
classicnesbackground.jpg

classicnesposter2.jpg

When I was a kid, i would stare at those posters for a long time trying to imagine how some of those games played :(

explodet

Back in those days, you could get away with giving your games titles like "Baseball", "Tennis", "Golf" and "Pinball".

kamikaze

so...why doesn't nintendo sell these posters from their online store or something? i'd be happy to pick one up for $5-10 for my cubicle. c'mon nintendo, it's just milking my NES-talgia even more! you know you want to...

belgurdo

Banned
kamikaze said:
so...why doesn't nintendo sell these posters from their online store or something?

Waiting for 2010 so that they can pack them in with $30 "NES Classic Memories" discs for the Revolution

SyNapSe

I played the shit out of some of those games.. Gyromite, GUMSHOE, Excitebike a lot.. I think I beat Kung Fu 1 million times.

robot

That reminds me, I want to get a hold of that old Players Choice Book, it had a black cover and was like 200 pages. I think it came with my nes system back in the day.

And Wrecking Crew still kicks ass.

john tv

I still have those posters. That second one drove me MAD. It had that Adventure of Link screen like a full year (or more) before the game came out. Back then the only way to find out when games were coming out was to call the stores and ask (or check the Fun Club News every three months, but that never had reliable dates anyway). You can imagine how often my local game shops heard from me asking about Zelda II...

Finally I got my hands on the Canadian version, which was out a full month before the US version. Ahh, November 1988... it was a good month... :D

Top Bottom